Whats missing

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

speed

Whats missing

Post by speed »

In this picture there seems to be a cover which fits around the spare wheel (the plastic part with 2 stickers on it) and there looks like there is a cover over the spare wheel its self. Is this normal as i have neither of these parts?

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: Whats missing

Post by Martin F »

The cover with the stickers is standard, somebody must have removed it in the past and not bothered replacing it, i haven't seen a wheel cover before though :thumleft:
speed

Post by speed »

Back to ebay to do more searching then!
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

the spare wheel sits where the amps are..

you wont find a wheel cover.

the other plastic parts are standard indeed
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Careful about buying them off ebay, there are at least 4 different versions of the frunk trim, not to mention the fact that I've seen some with Toyota Asbestos warnings on them!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
speed

Post by speed »

If i specify that it must fit a rev 2 then i should be ok when ordering off ebay?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

They have holes cut out of them for optional extras. *At least* the steering front fogs (silver box on the right-hand side of your pic) and EBFD kit have chunks out of the trim, not sure whether TRC or ABS change them as well. Also Rev1's have the hole for the brake fluid in a different place as the master cylinder is different.

Oh, and you're very unlikely to get a 2nd hand one that isn't torn, they're incredibly difficult to get out without removing the crossbrace in the frunk. Most people don't bother and they end up torn on the back edge on the right hand side. The trim itself is held in with 5 small push clips as well, which you may not get from the 'bay.

I gave up in the end and bought one from Toyota ](*,)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
speed

Post by speed »

How much did you end up paying for the one from toyota. I don't desperately need one but it would be nice to make the car complete.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Quite a lot :oops:

Return to “Mechanical”