A whats it worth thread? Turbo back to N/A!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lewis Jay

A whats it worth thread? Turbo back to N/A!

Post by Lewis Jay »

Having carried out a Rev 2 turbo transplant on my much beloved Rev 1 G-limited about 2 years ago I am now seriously considering returning it back to a N/A.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoy the turbo experience bringing the car on boost just makes me smile, but I also feel that it has lost some of its driveability too.

I havent driven alot of different cars and not done much track stuff and I find it hard to explain but I have always felt I could throw the car around much more with a N/A engine pushing it through corners.

So to my "how much is it worth question"............... well its a complete Rev 2 turbo conversion with LSD gearbox, 85K on the clock with uprated intercooler, Rev 3 metal headgasket and de-cat.

Lewis.
Harry

Re: A whats it worth thread? Turbo back to N/A!

Post by Harry »

£ 750. 00. with ECU?
steve b

Re: A whats it worth thread? Turbo back to N/A!

Post by steve b »

Lewis Jay wrote:I have always felt I could throw the car around much more with a N/A engine pushing it through corners.

Lewis.

:thumleft:

I think the SW20 chassis is better suited to n/a power, I'm happier with my rev3 n/a than my old turbo. :)

Unless the car is special in some way I'd sell it whole and buy a rev3 or 4 n/a probably for silimar money you'd get for the rev2 turbo.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”