Is this a TRD???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Is this a TRD???

Post by tonigmr2 »

Gosh, where to start on all the just wrong info in that mail...
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

Tiny

Post by Tiny »

100% Grade A BULL!
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

OMG why do people bull so much when trying to sell a car.....i supose he is waiting for some poor unsuspecting fool to give him what he wants for it. Oh dear.

Id love to view and see what they said.....

:roll:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

alright mate tell your uncle to stay away from this idiot he wanted my scooby when i had it and the e mails he sent me was a joke lol.
he has not got a clue he obviously thinks us owners have not got a clue what a proper trd mr2 should look like and the power he claims he made from the exhaust and induction kit was laughable.
he is a plank mate stay well clear :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

lol, hopefully nobody out there would pay that kind of money when there is so much more choice for half the price,

the seller is having a laugh, lucky your uncle sought your opinion ehh!! :-k
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :lol:
man blatantly trying to rip someone off. never heard of a stock bodied TRD and that TRD dash din plate looks like those ones metalman sells over on TB**velop***ts.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i have never read so much BS in my life!

the guy is clearly making it up as he goes along.

someone on the OC also had similar conversations with this guy.
he stated that it was faster than mr2 turbos because of the trd tuning. even tho it was 180-200hp.....

the guy is an absolute idiot. and enjoys lieing to people....

never heard so much rubbish!

trds, were nas and turbos, rev1s to rev5s, tho only seen one NA and thats topguns. probably more tho.
engine could be standard, or modded. completely up to the customer....
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

:lol: think the biggest problem here,is that the guy has ommited the U from his TRD advert :roll: .paul.
AndiePlace

MR2 TRD

Post by AndiePlace »

Well i have read all your coments and your all totally wrong, have you all thought about actually doing your homework and reading up on the TRDs
here is a cutting from the wikpedia website regarding the toyota trd sw20

[edit] SW20 TRD2000GT
In 1998, Toyota Racing Development offered an official kit body conversion and tuning program for MR2 owners to transform their existing SW20 MR2 into a widebody TRD2000GT kit replica car. This was to pay homage to the wins by their TRD2000GTs in the GT-C Japanese racing series, the TRD2000GT racing series cars were based on the SW20 floorpan. Toyota also did the same with their Supra Twin Turbo model, offering a conversion service to transform these cars into a TRD3000GT[4].

These are the originals that toyota technocraft did not TRD they are 2 seperate companies (TRD is the tuning side of toyota)

TRD2000GT. Notice the wider, more aggressive stance.In order to ensure exclusivity, a high price tag was charged and total of just 35 factory car conversions were completed by Toyota Technocraft Ltd. Each official Technocraft car converted was made using lightweight fibreglass components (in place of heavy steel original parts: front fenders, trunk lid extension, rear quarter panels, gas door, front and rear bumpers, 3-piece wing) and re-classified as completely new cars (with their own specially numbered TRD VIN plate riveted to the body to indicate their authenticity and rarity).

The Toyota Technocraft Ltd. TRD2000GT had a 60 mm (2.4 in) wider front and rear track (due to the addition of wider wheels and tires) which improved handling considerably over the original equipment. Virtually every car converted also had other TRD parts fitted too including extensive changes to both the suspension and engine. Most cars left the factory making more power due to TRD bolt-ons, some cars even left the factory boasting up to 500 PS (493 hp/368 kW) and less than 1100 kg (2425 lb) for a very impressive power to weight ratio. While TRD Japan only offered a small number of kits with all body parts required for third-party conversion, Toyota Technocraft Ltd. offered complete car conversions.

Only 3 complete Toyota Technocraft Ltd. cars are known to have been shipped into Europe with only 10 complete cars allocated to TRD USA for the entire American market. This makes these officially built Toyota Technocraft Ltd. TRD2000GTs the rarest of all MR2s and ultimately the most sought after and difficult to find. It is unknown how many original Toyota Technocraft Ltd. cars still exist today, but it is known that a small number of conversion kits were imported from TRD Japan into the US for USDM Conversions. Now there are officially no more TRD 2000GT body kits sold on the TRD USA website, so finding one may be difficult (The alternative to this kit is said to be the TD3000 bodykit by Extreme Dimensions). In many respects the extended body can be compared to that of a Porsche Turbo widebody. The car track width is extended and body dimensions dramatically changing the cars overall visuals, giving the car a "supercar" look, and also better handling and weight reduction. Very little is known about these cars outside of Japan.[5]

My car has the TRD extras fitted and like i say in the Advert if you all would read it correctly, the car has had the TRD spec added to the engine, i have had the car checked by Superchips who gave the car a rolling road test and it produced 196bhp, the ecu is standard and has not been tinkered with, a local company checked out the car for compression and bore test and they also stated that the car has got a big valve head, it has LSD fitted and also has a bigger manifold fitted.

TRD official car is not what i have put in my advert, my advert states its TRD spec on the engine, the body kit as you all put was available for purchase from TRD at a optional extra, this was sold mainly to the american markets at roughly $4000, big step, toyota offered a few of these body kits to let existing mr2 owners replica thier cars, i have a folder full of receipts for everything spent on the car and can get a engineers report written to prove the modifications on this car are genuine TRD parts,

That brings me to break horse power, the standard mr2 on a rev 3 was 176 bhp but the rev 4s where lowered down to 158bhp, the turbo charged engines also changed from 225bhp to 245bhp,

like i say i can really p1$$ you all off as TRD actually made 200 of the cars for the GTC races and the figure of 35 was toyota technicraft conversions not toyota racing developments so your all a bunch of no hopers, why not read my advert correctly the car is not a fully fledged TRD as we all know they where released for the GTC car races and not for highway use, the widebody was later offered to existing mr2 owners to replica the race cars looks and to mark the centinery of the car wins, technocraft produced only 35 of these cars but where mainly exported to usa,

so lets get something straight

Technocraft Ltd is toyota standard car building company
TRD (Toyota Racing Developments) is toyotas tuning company

My advert states it has TRD parts on the engine hence the big bhp
TRD GTC races where held in japan they where a mock LEMANS type race

websites for info

http://membres.lycos.fr/mr2/TRD.htm th ... ndie Place
Tiny

Re: MR2 TRD

Post by Tiny »

AndiePlace wrote:Well i have read all your coments and your all totally wrong, have you all thought about actually doing your homework and reading up on the TRDs
here is a cutting from the wikpedia website regarding the toyota trd sw20

First Mistake Wikipedia IT CAN BE PUT IN BY ANYONE hence why David Cameron on Wikipedia it just says His Daddy bought him the conservative party for christmas. #-o

No offence mate but your talking total 100% pure grade A b0ll0cks that is a standard MR2 with one or two little additions. Please stop trying to rip people off especially ones who know FAR more about MR2s than yourself. =;
ancient mariner

fair play to you for having the kudos to post on here,if all your info is correct,
i must learn to keep my mouth shut,before passing comments,i was only going on info i have picked up over the years,so as stated if its all correct,i'll get my spoon.paul.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

jeez man you have no idea.

i could buy a Greddy sideskirt, doesnt make my car a Greddy car....

rev4 nas are 168hp, not 158hp. rev1/2s are 158hp.

there are people on this thread with REAL TRD2000GTs! and say your talking nonsense.
AndiePlace

Nonsense lol!

Post by AndiePlace »

well i think your talking b0ll0x, i could shock all of you quite easily but cant seem how to post a pic on here

the bodykit for the wider track was a optional extra produced by technocraft to give existing mr2 owners the chance to make a replica, there are numerous websites that are devoted to the TRD2000GT (2 litre) also they where not all turbo charged, the option was from the buyer at the time, they where different specs for different buyers, the 35 that where released where for the road market an original TRD mr2 that was made for the race track use only they had the 500ps engine, and if you have one of them the last one to sell was at sotherbys auctioneers and it sold for £16,000, the last TRD spec one to sell was in japan this sold for 1,097,000 YEN thats roughly £8000 british pounds

I dont care what you all write and even if you think i am talking b0ll0x etc, i bought the car from a guy who stated it had these parts, i drove the car and its alot faster than standard, its not turbo and its not 158 or 168bhp, the company that looked at my car as i thought it was chipped stated the ecu was standard just set up slightly different although nothing odd about the setup every engine is different some produce some work well and some dont thats how it goes, i then took the car to the engineers who looked at the car to state its not standard parts in the engine as the compression ratios and exhaust gasses it omits are greater than standard they advised me that it may have a big valve head and a modified manifold possible racing headers, but it has a LSD fitted on the gearbox as its stamped as one

All the information i have put on this site and in my advert are from check independantly told to me and the car is up forsale at what it was sold to me, the previous owner sold this to me being what i state and i have come to no other conclusion that it has not got these parts added, i used to have a subaru impreza standard and i would put this against it all day

write what you want to write i dont give a flying xxxx what you put i have worded my advert as best i can and if you came and drove it you would see its alot faster than standard and it picks up alot quiker than standard

Rev4 mr2s where dropped to 158bhp by the way the rev 3 was 168bhp

Andie
ancient mariner

think you have your figures wrong their mate :roll: .paul
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

you can put a TuRD into an oven it doesnt make it a biscuit.

The Dyno Graph stating it has 196 can you post that up and is that 196 at the Fly? if so that will be through transmission losses about 168 at the wheels. STOCK POWER in other words.

As for your laughable statement about the Exhaust giving you 25hp please dont forget to add your TRD oil cap that gives you 10hp :roll: =;
jimGTS

Re: Nonsense lol!

Post by jimGTS »

AndiePlace wrote:well i think your talking b0ll0x, i could shock all of you quite easily but cant seem how to post a pic on here

the bodykit for the wider track (ONLY the prototype had the wider track) was a optional extra produced by technocraft to give existing mr2 owners the chance to make a replica, there are numerous websites that are devoted to the TRD2000GT (2 litre) also they where not all turbo charged, the option was from the buyer at the time, they where different specs for different buyers, the 35 that where released where for the road market an original TRD mr2 that was made for the race track use only they had the 500ps engine (where did you get that random info from??? did you know they didnt use use the 3sgte on the race ones?), (noone is saying they have a race spec TRD, NO race spec TRDs were ever available to buy)
and if you have one of them the last one to sell was at sotherbys auctioneers and it sold for £16,000, the last TRD spec one to sell was in japan this sold for 1,097,000 YEN thats roughly £8000 british pounds
(again, NO real race spec TRD was ever for sale, TRD2000GTs however were)
if it was a real race spec TRD, which is infact DIFFERENT to the prototype you see on the wiki, and different to any road going TRD, would be werth a hell of alot more than 8k, prob nearer 50-100k being a race car

I dont care what you all write and even if you think i am talking b0ll0x etc, i bought the car from a guy who stated it had these parts, i drove the car and its alot faster than standard, its not turbo and its not 158 or 168bhp, the company that looked at my car as i thought it was chipped stated the ecu was standard just set up slightly different although nothing odd about the setup every engine is different some produce some work well and some dont thats how it goes, i then took the car to the engineers who looked at the car to state its not standard parts in the engine as the compression ratios and exhaust gasses it omits are greater than standard they advised me that it may have a big valve head and a modified manifold possible racing headers, but it has a LSD fitted on the gearbox as its stamped as one
(so where on EARTH is this TRD info coming from?? you have NO proof of TRD parts, let alone its TRD connections!!!!!)
a racing manifold, and modified head does not mean its been through TRD or TT

All the information i have put on this site and in my advert are from check independantly told to me and the car is up forsale at what it was sold to me, the previous owner sold this to me being what i state and i have come to no other conclusion that it has not got these parts added, i used to have a subaru impreza standard and i would put this against it all day

write what you want to write i dont give a flying xxxx what you put i have worded my advert as best i can and if you came and drove it you would see its alot faster than standard and it picks up alot quiker than standard

(no they bloody wernt!!! rev3 were 173hp, and the rev4-5 nas were dropped to 168hp cause of emissions!)

Andie
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

oh man this is getting good :clap:

My car came with a Greddy Sticker in the engine bay, does that make it a Greddy edition? :lol:

and as for an exhaust giving you 25hp :lol: :lol: :lol:

dyno printouts please. :thumleft:

when i bought this car i was told by the owner then the car was TRD, i drove the car on test and its alot faster than a standard car, hence the reason i had the car checked over and took the car to superchips hence all the info i found out

did superchips remove and insect the engine internals then? i very much doubt it. Basically you were fed a load of BS by the person who sold it to you to make you think it was something rare and special. and now your doing the same to others without any proof.

If i was buying a car like this i would want to see dyno printouts, documentation about the "TRD" engine and what work that included so i knew exactly what i was buying.

Im sorry to say that the interior looks like its been furnished with bits from ebay, hardly a fitting thing for a genuine TRD?

If you can prove that this is a genuine TRD then i will retract my comments, as i assume the others will.

So lets see some proof :thumleft:

This is afterall an MR2 owners club, so what the hell do we know about them anyways :wink:

much love.
2003 Leon Cupra R, stage 2 Jabbasport remap to 280bhp

MR2 now sold :(
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Just thought i would share this nice PM

well its 196 at thw wheels, a exhaust and induction will give you 25bhp you willy

IF and i mean IF it is as claimed 196 then your 25hp from your induction kit and exhaust drops your power down to lower than Stock rev3 N/A so your headers and your ecu and all the other TRD bits have given you what gains other than sweet FA?

have a a look at TOPGUNS TRD with an NA hes got a 2.2 with a TOMS ECU and LOTS of other tuning and hes only just pushing 200

No Just No just stop FFS #-o
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Tiny wrote:Just thought i would share this nice PM

well its 196 at thw wheels, a exhaust and induction will give you 25bhp you willy

IF and i mean IF it is as claimed 196 then your 25hp from your induction kit and exhaust drops your power down to lower than Stock rev3 N/A so your headers and your ecu and all the other TRD bits have given you what gains other than sweet FA?

have a a look at TOPGUNS TRD with an NA hes got a 2.2 with a TOMS ECU and LOTS of other tuning and hes only just pushing 200

No Just No just stop FFS #-o

topguns REAL trd is around 200flywheel with a 2.2na engine thats ment to have been tuned by TRD....no proof of tuning and engine work, but the car is REAL deal TRD....and thats 200flywheel hp from a 2.2, manifold, toms ecu etc etc...

and this guy is claiming near 200 AT THE WHEELS from his NA engine! thats 240flywheel roughly!
id guess that he does actually mean 196flywheel, not at the wheels.

jeeez man your on something else!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”