X360 on Watchdog 360s scratching Games!

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiny

X360 on Watchdog 360s scratching Games!

Post by Tiny »

360s scratching games when you load them and microsoft saying its the people moving the console when its being loaded

either way your new disc is fecked and they wont replace it. :shock:

Anyone had any experience of this? :-k
pistol pete

Re: X360 on Watchdog 360s scratching Games!

Post by pistol pete »

nope

but my gears 1 disc is well cracked but i think thats from overuse and not being put in its box just others while i have a brief play on them
Azz

Post by Azz »

I look after my discs and my Gears 1 Disc is cracked, from the centre outwards
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Sounds like a load of old guff to me. Drives have always been accused of scratching/breaking discs since optical first arrived for the home consumer, and it's very rarely been the fault of the hardware. Much like anything produced on a mass basis, there will always be some dodgy stuff that slips through the cracks, and this is probably where the complaints stem from.

Given how quickly people (rightly) jumped on the RROD issue, it seems odd that this is the first I've heard of the 360 chewing discs...
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

turns out theres a lawsuit being prepped against MS about the issue in the states and in europe too been kept rather quiet though :-k
andyc1988

Post by andyc1988 »

its happend to my copy of cod4, its not a scratch like on a disc where its been lay about outside the case, it goes in a perfect circle. The game has never been mistreated and the xbox stays lay down. its so bad the disc now wont even play certain levels and this has not only happend to me.
"If in doubt, go Flat out"
hicks

Post by hicks »

i ended up buying a disc repair thingy as my forza disc keeps getting scratched and like said not normal scartched goes round in a complete circle.

ive had brand new discs that ive literally taken out of the case and put in the machine become unreadable by the xbox after some use.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Touching wood, none of my discs have been damaged in this way and I have had 3 consoles (2 Premiums and 1 Elite). I genuinely think it comes down to user error, moving the console whilst the disc is spinning, whether deliberately or accidentally.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Never had any of my discs scratched. Really look after em! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Tiny wrote:turns out theres a lawsuit being prepped against MS about the issue in the states and in europe too been kept rather quiet though :-k

people in the states are sueing? :shock:

i never would of believed it.

what isnt there currently a lawsuit about in the states? they probably sue people for not sueing other people.

Benn through about 5 xboxes since launch because of the RROD. Never had any trouble with discs tho.
Rev 3 GTS
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

european lawsuit being prepared
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/05 ... inst_xbox/

US one is in process as we speak

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-56921.aspx(link is in article; sorry can't post the direct link because the direct link has the word 'cl@ss' in it)

X-Box 360 Investigation

The Law Firms of Wasserman, Comden, and Casselman, LLP of Los Angeles, California and Stritmatter, Kessler, Whelan, Coluccio of Seattle, Washington are investigating consumer complaints regarding the Microsoft X-Box 360 Video Game Console.

Many consumers have complained that the X-Box 360 Console scratches game disks while they are being played. The scratches leave the disk ruined and unplayable.

WCC and SKWC have filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court Western District of Washington at Seattle on behalf of a nationwide ****of consumers who have suffered scratched game disks while using their X-Box 360 Console. The lawsuit seeks: reimbursement for consumers for the cost of games damaged by the Console, reimbursement for consumers who have paid a $20 fee to Microsoft Corporation under a limited disk replacement program offered on ten Microsoft games, repair, free of charge, the Consoles to prevent disks from being scratched, and/or reimbursement for consumers who have paid for an aftermarket repair solution.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

sorry didnt mean to seem like i was bein narky.

be interesting to see how the european one turns out but the yanks, really dont suprise me.
Rev 3 GTS
vinnyninja

Post by vinnyninja »

100 % i had loads of scratched discs.....thats why i now own a PS3 and im very particular in the care of my cd's and dvds
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

SamUK wrote:sorry didnt mean to seem like i was bein narky.

be interesting to see how the european one turns out but the yanks, really dont suprise me.

no worries it didnt come across like that

BUT the good news is there is a company that makes a fix that stops it from happening.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Re ... -Drive.htm
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

SamUK wrote:Benn through about 5 xboxes since launch because of the RROD.

:mrgreen:

Sorry.
hicks

Post by hicks »

not really sure how its my fault my discs get scratched....

i literally open the the xbox cd tray take the cd out of its box put it in close the draw and play the game. why would i move my console????

its not hard to take care of your discs. if there not in the machine there in the box, i do know a couple of poeple who just leave them laying around out of the box which is obviously there fault but i can honeslty say i have never left my discs laying around but yet there still getting scratched.....
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Ive had this happen on one of my old xbox's, not had any scratched discs since having the elite though.

Are they saying they are getting scratched whilst spinning round ?
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

JohnnyC wrote:
SamUK wrote:Benn through about 5 xboxes since launch because of the RROD.

:mrgreen:

Sorry.

no worries lol. i laugh now too although i didnt at the time!

i bought one, it died 2 days later so i took it back to currys, came home and the new one died when it updated so back i went.

think that one lasted a few more weeks before dieing.

think currys had a bad batch cos thats extreme even for the 360.

i did manage to get an extra controller and 2 games out of them in the end for all my troubles.
Rev 3 GTS
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

I am going to change my tune - in reflection seeing what a hash MS have made of the 360 it wouldnt surprise me if the disc drive is on the p1$$ and damaging discs as a result. Seems it affects some and not others which just implies its due to the 360's poor build quality!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

my mates 360 does this, always scratching games, gets them resurfaced at game tho

Return to “Games Consoles”