Im no longer addicted to XBOX :(

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Im no longer addicted to XBOX :(

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Does anyone go through stages where they will play no stop no matter what the game and then go a period when you dont even think about playing ?

I was an avid HALO 3 player but when i beat Bungie in a tournament.....it was as if i had nothing to play for after that...... :(

I really enjoy the xbox but just lately ive gone off the boil....i need something to make me play again !!!!

Mike :thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
pistol pete

Re: Im no longer addicted to XBOX :(

Post by pistol pete »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:Does anyone go through stages where they will play no stop no matter what the game and then go a period when you dont even think about playing ?

I was an avid HALO 3 player but when i beat Bungie in a tournament.....it was as if i had nothing to play for after that...... :(

I really enjoy the xbox but just lately ive gone off the boil....i need something to make me play again !!!!

Mike :thumleft:

yeah i am at that point at the mo
biek is taking up my time and completed gears for the 4th time 2 days ago and just nothing intrests me at the mo
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

KILLZONE 2 on the PS3

runs and hides lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Im not the only one then...........im waiting for the UFC game to come out and maybe get HALO WARS.....hmmm.

One good thing form this is i seem to get loads more done with the car and house at the moment......im not spending £100 on games a month !!!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I must admit there's a complete dearth of decent games out right now, or at least anything that I really want to spend my time playing. RE5 goes out of the window as I really can't get on with the controls in the demo, and SF4 goes due to the 360 having a crap d-pad for fighters. Killzone3 has had far too many average reviews for me to consider, and that's literally about it.

That said, I've got the second DLC for Fallout3 to come, along with "Ten" by Pearl Jam for RB2. That should keep me going for a little while when I get back off my hols :D

Just been playing through Bioshock again though, and found it a much more enjoyable romp the second time through. Not really sure why as the twist is obviously spoilt, yet it felt like I had more control over what I was choosing in the way of upgrades as I knew what to prepare for.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

this happens every year.

no good games come out in the spring/summer months.

i havent been on my xbox in weeks. i normally start playing around october time again.
Rev 3 GTS
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

SamUK wrote:this happens every year.

i havent been on my xbox in weeks. i normally start playing around october time again.

I guess so.......Its too nice to be stuck in doors for hours on end now and in the evenings at the moment.

:)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

ekona wrote: ......with "Ten" by Pearl Jam for RB2. That should keep me going for a little while when I get back off my hols :D

:shock: 8) :thumleft: My favourite album of all time and THE best album ever made! Absolutely love it! :thumleft:

Got a bit of a console dry patch also......Completed all my games (more than once) RE5 was spanked and finished in a few days.....not much out at the mo'....GH Metallica is gona be wicked! :thumleft: :twisted:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

SamUK wrote:this happens every year.

What i normally do is go through all the games that came out over the winter but you had others coming out that you thought were better at the time and bought them instead.

for example i still havent got GTA4 for the PS3 or COD4/5 ive only just put down Fallout3 and i still havent completed it im just enjoying mopping up all the side quests first. Im working my way through Prince of Persia at the mo and really enjoying it.

I think GTA4 is going to be next or HAWX.

Im sure theres one or two titles you didnt buy because there was something else catching your eye. :thumleft:
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Perfect time to go and pick up some bargains. You know, the kind that didn't get 8+ out of ten in the reviews?

Too many people treat games reviews like the gospel and miss out on some fab games. Plus side is they usually can be found in th eprev owned/deals/multiple games for the price of one sections :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Not played mine for well over 6 months. No interest whatsoever in gaming at the moment.

I do watch the odd blu-ray film maybe once every couple of months but that's about it. Just got other stuff to do.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Started playing the Nazi Zombies on COD:WAW recently, can be great fun trying to stay alive.

Forza 2 always comes back out on occasion too.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

My PS3 is basically a freeview recorder now; I got angry with the last stage of GTA:IV being too "forced" to run through and haven't bought any new PS3 games (I only play the music ones with friends, and all that kit is packed away for moving).

The Xbox has been getting a bit of use though, Burnout Paradise got my attention with a flying "Delorean" car and I discovered it's actually just a great waste of time, no plot, no story arc - just drive about, smash into things, race and so forth. Low pressure silliness.

Return to “Games Consoles”