What body styling do you prefer?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Which Body styling do you prefer?

The lairy Jap bodykit style
26%
The lairy Jap bodykit style
26%
The subtle style
49%

Total votes: 39

StevieL

Re: What body styling do you prefer?

Post by StevieL »

Big kits done right FTW \:D/

Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I'm for both! They both look amazing! I love the subtle ones but i also love TRD and border! Difficult question so i'm gonna click...neither,sorry!
I was no help whatsoever :thumleft:
Deegee99

Post by Deegee99 »

BLZ-8027 wrote:The subtle style

Lovely wheels :thumleft:

Nope still not got any centres for them yet :cry:
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

mk2too

Post by mk2too »

I prefer subtle but wild kits can look nice but they have to be a bit different; agree on the veilside comment i appreciate genuine veilside is top notch quality but 'that' bumper has graced laxpower too many times!

Btw, love the silver Mr2 above! B.a.utiful!
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

silver two is stunning :D What skirts are on the silver two? Looks like Toms are they?
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Deegee99 wrote:

I forgot you had the same wheels , yours look shinier than mine though
And that could almost be my car in your garage :whistle:
fearless

Post by fearless »

[quote="jim55"]id go for subtle (basically standard with a few nice touches -indis ,lights stuff like that .)i think toyota done a good job of the mk2 .but it depends on a lot :? what age are you ?nothing worse than seeing an older guy (and when i say older i mean about 25?)getting out/driving a kitted up car that would look ok if somebody else is driving it .

oh dear im nearly 37 so what hope have i got i better sell my 2 and buy a fiesta thats what old folk drive isnt it, i see an old guy the other day driving a white 2 it was imaculate with white leather interior in it this guy was easy 65 plus now thats what i call old,

25 is not old hey im going through my mid life crisis my daughters are getting bigger and i have another practical car to use for the family, but while im fit enough to mod cars i will continue, i dont drink or smoke but im a real petrol head,
didnt the recent poll turn up that most 2 owners were 25+ i was very suprised to see how many owners were up in my age bracket and thay had modified cars aswell.
thats my rant over i feel better now better go look for the zimmer frame. :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Well I'm 42 and still love modifying my car.... It's just that I don't want to make it look obviously modified. I've done loads of mods and that includes a fair few to do with the looks but I hope it still looks like a standard car ... just not necessarily a standard 2!
Basically what we're discussing here is taste is it not?

R.
fearless

Post by fearless »

exactly my point whats age got to do with it, and peoples taste's are different my point is its your car and if you like it thats the main thing.

highway star i think you must be with me on this one you relocated your numberplate and dont like spoilers but its your car and its what you like thats what i was getting at,
some people will really have a go at some mods people do as looking rubbish but the owner might like it thats the main thing and i suppose everybody has an opinion,
some people put them accross a bit nasty sometimes but hey we have thick skins some of us so no harm done.

also with mods now and then good ones come about which we all may copy aswell, ive found a lot of good mods off here which i have copied from other members.

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
jim55

Post by jim55 »

nofearmadbiker wrote:
jim55 wrote:id go for subtle (basically standard with a few nice touches -indis ,lights stuff like that .)i think toyota done a good job of the mk2 .but it depends on a lot :? what age are you ?nothing worse than seeing an older guy (and when i say older i mean about 25?)getting out/driving a kitted up car that would look ok if somebody else is driving it .

oh dear im nearly 37 so what hope have i got i better sell my 2 and buy a fiesta thats what old folk drive isnt it, i see an old guy the other day driving a white 2 it was imaculate with white leather interior in it this guy was easy 65 plus now thats what i call old,

25 is not old hey im going through my mid life crisis my daughters are getting bigger and i have another practical car to use for the family, but while im fit enough to mod cars i will continue, i dont drink or smoke but im a real petrol head,
didnt the recent poll turn up that most 2 owners were 25+ i was very suprised to see how many owners were up in my age bracket and thay had modified cars aswell.
thats my rant over i feel better now better go look for the zimmer frame. :thumleft: :thumleft:

ha ha .im 40 and drive a turbo (very standard looking though just a few (mostly engine stuff mods) all i was trying to say is mr2s are quite nice as stock .i dont think fiestas are required for us old timers :mrgreen: your comment about an older guy getting out a white car with leather int just shows that age has nothing to do with driving an mr2 ,its the lairy kits were on about here.a nice car is one thing ,chavtastic scoops/big massive spoilers (that serve no purpose at all )and "styling "mods are a diff story .no doubt il offend some people on here with my opinions on "stlying :mrgreen: :roll: but ,,hey ,each to their own ..knock yourself out 8)
fearless

Post by fearless »

not having a go at you jim55 just had some nasty comments made to me whilst ive been a member on here,
sadly my car sits on 17"s and is soon to have an autopista spoiler going on it with a tubby engine lid and i want a pair of scoops aswell i really like the fast and furious look if we call it that ,
always wanted a jap car to do it to as english cars look rubbish with that look also really like the border kit aswell not sure just yet but defo going to be kitted, but like i said i like kitted and subtle hope you havent taken offense matey :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
jim55

Post by jim55 »

nofearmadbiker wrote:not having a go at you jim55 just had some nasty comments made to me whilst ive been a member on here,
sadly my car sits on 17"s and is soon to have an autopista spoiler going on it with a tubby engine lid and i want a pair of scoops aswell i really like the fast and furious look if we call it that ,
always wanted a jap car to do it to as english cars look rubbish with that look also really like the border kit aswell not sure just yet but defo going to be kitted, but like i said i like kitted and subtle hope you havent taken offense matey :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

honestly no offence ,its prob my views on it that would cause offence :lol: dont get me wrong ive seen a few cars and youv got to respect the time/effort/money that the owner gas put into it ,but when i see an older guy getting in/out it kinda looks a bit wierd .if i seen a kitted up mr2 i would expect to see a young guy driving it ,to then see a 40 yo? driving it,it really doesnt go with the image .im all for having a nice/fast car but im afraid the fast,n,furious isnt for me :thumleft: iv seen a few supras .skylines and stuff that are f,n,f style and tbh i wouldnt buy them my present car has quite large exhaust exits (4") i think and i wouldnt have really went for it but it was fairly quiet so i was talked into it ,yet again the japspeed sound isnt for me .so no offence taken mate :thumleft: il just get my pipe and slippers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
fearless

Post by fearless »

im not that far behind you matey we could be the old gits, 37 in body but 18 in my mind peter pan me i cant grow up still i wouldnt want it any other way, its funny when i look at our car park and see normal cars saabs mercs, audi's and fiesta's then their is mine that stands out like a sore thumb but who gets the most looks mine thats why i like something different always owned modded cars never had a standard car in my life always something special even my last family car was a v6 manual omega that had 17" wheels custom stainless exhaust, boot spoiler with custom induction kit and £2000 worth of stereo equipment that was a good car no wonder the police liked them :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
jim55

Post by jim55 »

ive just turned 40 and feel the same as you (peter pan syndrome :mrgreen: )tbh iv always had kinda sporty cars (cav sri/306 gti and a few fast bikes trough the years (cbr 6 /blade gsxr 750)so i dont feel any different to when i was 25 until i have to run that is 8) i had a diesel vectra in amongst that (with upped boost albeit -pretty quick with loads of torque -fastest taxi in the west )but theyv all looked pretty standard ,i tend to favour the sleeper option in cars and not the "messed about with look" but each to their own :thumleft:
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Personally i like the bodykits allthough not real lairy i.e vielside etc but dnt mind a standard 2 either i just wouldnt chose to drive a standard 2 as i think its looked pretty dated now hence why mine is how it is... We all like different things.. Just cant stand people who think the mr2 is the best car in the world and anyone who changes it is stupid. Now i love mr2s there great cars bit there hardly the best are they lol had it on every oc ive been on 306gti6, focus, corsa, mgzr they all thought they werre the best lol..
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

Turbo97 wrote:silver two is stunning :D What skirts are on the silver two? Looks like Toms are they?

full toms kit except the front bumper, for sale shortly :whistle:

fearless

Post by fearless »

jim55 wrote:ive just turned 40 and feel the same as you (peter pan syndrome :mrgreen: )tbh iv always had kinda sporty cars (cav sri/306 gti and a few fast bikes trough the years (cbr 6 /blade gsxr 750)so i dont feel any different to when i was 25 until i have to run that is 8) i had a diesel vectra in amongst that (with upped boost albeit -pretty quick with loads of torque -fastest taxi in the west )but theyv all looked pretty standard ,i tend to favour the sleeper option in cars and not the "messed about with look" but each to their own :thumleft:

you sound just like me i was into bikes for a while started with pocket rocket zxr400 then moved onto gsxr 600 and last bike classic zxr 750 h1 that i restored, then after nearly getting killed it had to go mother and nagging wife got to me in the end hence why i got the 2 as i call it my safe motorbike where i dont get wet and cold. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Deegee99

Post by Deegee99 »

BLZ-8027 wrote:
Deegee99 wrote:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281 ... 0084-1.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/ ... CN0712.jpg

I forgot you had the same wheels , yours look shinier than mine though
And that could almost be my car in your garage :whistle:

It doesn't look that shiny now unfortunately and neither do I have the garage anymore to keep it in :cry:

On another note I prefer the subtle way with bodykits, but then I am a boring old fogey, according to some on here I shouldn't be driving an MR2 at 51 \:D/ Just kidding guys, I have had my MR2 in the garage for the last week having new discs, pads, pin sets on the rear and I missed it so much I had to give it a kiss once I had my mitts back on it again. :lover:
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Subtlety... I think..

:thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”