Test Drive Unlimited (TDU)

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martian_333

Test Drive Unlimited (TDU)

Post by Martian_333 »

Do any of you play this game still?

I enjoyed an absolute blast last night in my 350Z S-Tune (tuned to stage 3) going north west to the Ascari garage (the nice long fairly straight mountain road) against some guy on a motorbike, was great fun. Been a good year or so since I last played it, servers seem alot more stable now.

Any one fancy a blast any time?
Marf

Re: Test Drive Unlimited (TDU)

Post by Marf »

Used to play the PC version alot, then got a new PC and tried to get it online but it wouldn't have it, tried everything possible to get it to connect but nope, it wouldn't let me online.

Its a common issue going by the Atari forums, one which even Atari cant seem to sort out :roll:

Its just one of a long line of issues that ruin an otherwise good game.

Alot of the issues were present in the Beta test(which I was a part of), they all got reported but Atari didnt do anything about them

Heres hoping TDU2 is the game that TDU should have been.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Had this a while back and then traded it - TBH I might go and get a cheap copy for another blast. It was good fun, and best played with a group of mates. Set a marker and just go for a blast.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

I had it too and sold it with my old console, then my gf got me a new one so I bought it again.

Definately a cool game, better than that crappy Midnight Club LA!

Cant get into that game, first off it was way too hard so they nerfed it with the patch but it still just dont play well and the cars handle like they are glued to the road, way too arcadey, shame as it looks great.

What's Burnout Paradise like or NFS Undercover? (i've got Forza 2 bw)
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Burnout paradise is a really good game but its no driving sim, great fun though but very arcadey. Need for speed undercover is ok, again its quite arcadey, i got fed up with it after a week. If you want a really good racing game for a console get Grid, with all the driving aids off its really good and the races are very competative. :thumleft:
Igor

Post by Igor »

i remember when we had an IMOC gathering on that. was awesome fun. forgot who else was on it though
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I was there. I used the car selling cheat to get 2 million, then I filled my garage with supercars 8) I had a black enzo :D
Igor

Post by Igor »

i was there with the mclarren f1 :mrgreen:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

i was there in my kooonnniisssggeggyy

what this selling and getting 2miillin cheat??
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

I was there is a poo TVR - was a hoot screaming down the long straight at the top of the island, laughing as someone binned it off into a car, only to crash out yourself seconds later.

Might nip into Game and see if they have it going in the budget bin, never did finish it off.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

The cheat was to offer your car for sale in the for sale section and put the min price as 2million. It didnt matter what car you were selling as if your car didnt sell to anyone within the 2 days the game bought it from you for 2 squillion. Was very good and worked for a good while, think there has been a patch released now though to stop it. By the way this was for the pc version not the xbox.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

I played this at a mates in DTS with 6 nightclub speakers. It was immense the sound of the engine.
hicks

Post by hicks »

what does this game play like?

is it arcade or more sim?
Igor

Post by Igor »

hicks wrote:what does this game play like?

is it arcade or more sim?

i used to think it was a bit of a sim, but after playing on forza 2 and grid for ages i cracked out TD and it seemed soo arcady. might just of been me though
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

I'll think I'll grab myself a copy of Grid then, its going fairly cheap now too. A mate showed it to me, looks good - especially with the force feedback wheel.

TDU is in-between arcadey and sim, its not really arcadey but it aint really a simulation either, a steal though at 12 quid.

Best road by far is that road that goes ACROSS the mountains from east to west, if you follow it you'll go through two tunnels then it really opens up - it also leads to the long single carriageway mental mountain road that goes up to the Ascari/British Independents garage.

You can do well over 200+ mph on that first road and there's always people blasting up and down it.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

A game I used to play ALOT on the PC until I sold the PC was Rfactor, any of you guys played that?

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_yLUPb ... re=related
Igor

Post by Igor »

that looks well good :shock:

Return to “Games Consoles”