M O T failure

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LiamTye

M O T failure

Post by LiamTye »

hi guys car has failed its mot and need some advice

car failed on front tyres,no brainer just need these replacing

Fog light switch,mine is an import so has a two way switch where do i stand on this and it does rear one way and both another ( i think been a long time)

handbreak is too lose,does this mean i need new handbrake cables or can they be tightened

rear lights as i had them tinted red but trying to sort some out if anyone locally to me have a set i can borrow for beer money ( im in sittingbourne,kent)

if anyone knows where i stand on the fog light switch that would be cool as its at kent car craft so doing everything over the phone

cheers guys
andyc1988

Re: M O T failure

Post by andyc1988 »

The handbreak cable on mine had to be tightend and apparantly it works from the rear brake calipers but yers I think it can be tightened, as for the fog light switch you havent quite stated whats wrong with it? is it broken as mine sounds exactly the same and mine passes the m.o.t.
Baker

Post by Baker »

tighten the handbrake from directly under it. remove undertray and all will be clear.

T-cut the tint off, job done.
fearless

Post by fearless »

i think he had the lights laquered so wont come off that easy i have some spare lights you could borrow but im in essex. matey :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Baker

Post by Baker »

should be fine. i managed to strip my mums laquer easily frmo her mondeo...she werent happy!

im biased though, think tints are awful :oops:
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

ok ive ordered new tyres and handbrake cables from camskills for around £140

the switch isnt broken they just failed it on the switch dont think they know its a two way switch but to keep them happy ive bought some nice light switchs for the front,rear fogs and my aerial,ill get some pics up of them tonight

got a button for the horn as i dont have the horn assembly behind my steering wheel i kinda destroyed it lol

if its alright with no fear mad biker to borrow his lights that would be cool then everything is nearly done and ready to go
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

are you not thinking of the 2 way rocker swith forthe front fogs? one way is normal front fogs, other way is for steering fronts (applicable to GT's anyway, don't know what switch GTS's had.
no standard rear fog on imports so it will be a seperately run aftermarket one unless someone ran it to the stock front switch?
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

mmmm yeah good point

mine used to have steering fogs but i broke the clips and now have non steering type

doesnt matter now got some tidy switchs to tidy it all up
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

here are the switchs i picked up from car builder solutions

theses are for the front and rear fog lights and the aerial

this one is for the horn

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”