mr2 mk1a 2k mileage for £10k

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gersen

Re: mr2 mk1a 2k mileage for £10k

Post by Gersen »

I find it odd people are arguing over its 'market' value....it is a unique item so someone will pay mental mad money for it.

There are enough people around with money to burn.

You could normally go to "Factory Fresh Toyotas Ltd" who stock thousands of brand new MR2s but I hear they don't actually exist.

Love the Celica btw - altho the Mustang GT in Bullitt green would fit the bill better

/exits listening to Lalo Schifrin

Why thank you - I grew it myself you know
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Just noticed he's sold it. It hasn't taken long so I'd guess he must have got at least near to his asking price.
Fab4MR2

Post by Fab4MR2 »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I owned one of the very first MKI's in the San Diego area, April '85. It was the first new car I had ever owned, and may likely be the best as well. The first ones were built to exceptional tolerances and the engines were extremely tight. I once had it just over 135mph (completely stock), on a downhill freeway slope, with a passenger for verification. It was incredibly smooth, but a bit scary when you realized just how fast the highway markers were going by. I never tried that kind of speed again. If it had not been eventually t-boned by a drunk driver, I would probably still have it today, if only for sentimental reasons. If this one had been left hand drive, and I had the money, I would have seriously thought about it. The red ones are particularly gorgeous. But as they say, one man's desert is another man's poison. :lol:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”