Final Video from Anglesey

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MartG

Re: Final Video from Anglesey

Post by MartG »

Yipee ! =D> Something to fill the gap left by Brainiac finishing last week :lol:
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

*eyes flick shiftily left to right*
So anyway, anyone want to send me a 'backup' of this DVD?
I'll pay you £5.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Goto10 wrote:*eyes flick shiftily left to right*
So anyway, anyone want to send me a 'backup' of this DVD?
I'll pay you £5.

:P

Steve, you're welcome to a copy. It will be a bare DVD in a jewel case though, I'm out of the A5 size DVD cases. Paypal me a couple of quid and I'll sort it out this evening for you :)

Ben.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

benf wrote:

Steve, you're welcome to a copy. It will be a bare DVD in a jewel case though, I'm out of the A5 size DVD cases. Paypal me a couple of quid and I'll sort it out this evening for you :)

Ben.

Pah! So I have to miss out on the DVD case because of my own bone-idle laziness in not sending the money over sooner?! What next? Not being able to sue kettle manufacturers for damages after pouring boiling water on my face?

(Paypal sent)
MartG

Post by MartG »

DVD arrived this morning - thanks Ben ! =D>
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Got mine today as well, top stuff.

One question though, on page 2 of the videos, there is a video marked up as Tom and 3 blue mr2s, which is actually me and Paul Port. Is this deliberate for my DVD?
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Got mine aswell, and mines said "Tom and 3 blue MR2s" as well. Quality is excellent.

Blimey I'm tall :shock: :lol:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Gah, I'll have to be much more lairy next time, you just don't really see it on the camera footage. One to watch out for is Si following me, on the 1st lap, we let past a big queue of traffic on the way into the hairpin.

I try and slide on the way out (quite a big slide), only to see the silver elise bouncing along on the outfield...

:whistle:
Blokey

Post by Blokey »

Lauren wrote:
benf wrote:
Ah, he just needs to be led to the dark side of opposite-lock goonage and wheel shuffling :P

:shock: Don't you dare!! ;)

I've been showing him some good habits since the Ring trip.

Ben and I have different driving styles I think is a fair statement =D> I don't really enjoy goonage as a driver - it doesn't blow my skirt up (although as a passenger it's ok \:D/ - goonage that is, not having ones skirt blown up....unless... </digging>).

What I did nick from Ben was going in to Abbots... It seemed possible to carry more speed around School such that I felt I was going to fast to turn in for Abbots - I discovered after a lap with Ben that I had enough turn-in to get the nose in to the corner and allow the rear to drift out - it scrubbed off the speed and felt fantastic....

So....I may half-inch some of his goonage principles but turn them to my own ends :twisted: Each to their own (c:

Lauren - I haven't checked the website yet but do you know if we can count on BaT to go back to Anglesey again this year/early next year? ....and thanks for the hints & tips =D>

B.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Speedy wrote:Got mine today as well, top stuff.

One question though, on page 2 of the videos, there is a video marked up as Tom and 3 blue mr2s, which is actually me and Paul Port. Is this deliberate for my DVD?

Doh #-o My mistake from when I was making up the menus. I can remember getting a passenger lap with Tom and put two and two together to make five.

Its easily fixed though - when you're on that page of the menu, use a Black marker to correct the text on the TV screen.

It'll then be right every other time you use the DVD ;) :twisted: :lol:
Blokey

Post by Blokey »

Speedy wrote:Gah, I'll have to be much more lairy next time, you just don't really see it on the camera footage. One to watch out for is Si following me, on the 1st lap, we let past a big queue of traffic on the way into the hairpin.

I try and slide on the way out (quite a big slide), only to see the silver elise bouncing along on the outfield...

:whistle:

ROFLOL - I remember that! Not sure if my astonishment could be heard on the sound track though :-# :shock:

I remember watching your inside rear spinning up and smoking and then wondered why your brake lights were coming on - LOL! I need to look up more!!

I also remember 'someone' deciding to change gear from fourth to sixth.... \:D/ in his Mk1 NA..... 8-[ ....but fortunately it didn't go in [-o<

B.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Si, we are sorting out dates for early spring next year as we speak.. more to follow soon. am looking at March.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Blokey wrote:
Lauren wrote:
benf wrote:
Ah, he just needs to be led to the dark side of opposite-lock goonage and wheel shuffling :P

:shock: Don't you dare!! ;)

I've been showing him some good habits since the Ring trip.

Ben and I have different driving styles I think is a fair statement =D> I don't really enjoy goonage as a driver - it doesn't blow my skirt up (although as a passenger it's ok \:D/ - goonage that is, not having ones skirt blown up....unless... </digging>).

Come to the dark side, you know you want to ....

What I did nick from Ben was going in to Abbots... It seemed possible to carry more speed around School such that I felt I was going to fast to turn in for Abbots - I discovered after a lap with Ben that I had enough turn-in to get the nose in to the corner and allow the rear to drift out - it scrubbed off the speed and felt fantastic....

Yes ... yes .... yes .... you know you want to really. Don't deny it ...

So....I may half-inch some of his goonage principles but turn them to my own ends :twisted: Each to their own (c:

Lauren - I haven't checked the website yet but do you know if we can count on BaT to go back to Anglesey again this year/early next year? ....and thanks for the hints & tips =D>

B.

Si, we're planning an IMOC trackday, very probably back at Anglesey early next year. We're in discussions about the whole thing at the moment, nothing is yet confimed.
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Blimey, just checked post as I wasn't expecting delivery so quick.. And guess what, mine's arrived as well! \:D/ Ben, thanks tons! :D
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Goto10 wrote:
benf wrote:

Ben.

Pah! So I have to miss out on the DVD case because of my own bone-idle laziness in not sending the money over sooner?! What next? Not being able to sue kettle manufacturers for damages after pouring boiling water on my face?

(Paypal sent)

LoL, ta

I'll copy the DVD Friday or Saturday and get it off in the post to you 1st class. It's a shame we didn't get some footage of you driving - I'm still going to hold you to that offer of a passenger lap sometime :)
summ0004

Post by summ0004 »

Nice video. Were there no Mk2s at that day?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

summ0004 wrote:Nice video. Were there no Mk2s at that day?

yep there was one, Paul Port's tubby.

my MK1 was there also but wasn't in any of the video i think.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Lauren is in the video, since Ben and Anna go past her on the rearward facng camera footage - she's on a slow down lap. Also, some of the footage is from Saturday, some of the footage is from Sunday - there were no mk2s running on the Sunday, but Paul was flying around on the Saturday.

He should have plenty of footage, which has yet to see the light of day :)
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

benf wrote:
LoL, ta

I'll copy the DVD Friday or Saturday and get it off in the post to you 1st class. It's a shame we didn't get some footage of you driving - I'm still going to hold you to that offer of a passenger lap sometime :)

I'd Watch it Ben, he's a bit of a ..... well you know .... lunatic on the track (Ian Wright on top gear this week reminded me of good ol Steve :shock: :lol: )
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

ldavies83 wrote:
benf wrote:
LoL, ta

I'd Watch it Ben, he's a bit of a ..... well you know .... lunatic on the track (Ian Wright on top gear this week reminded me of good ol Steve :shock: :lol: )

I'd like to grab a passenger lap with Steve too, he owes me one.... As long as i feel the driver is driving rather than being driven i don't mind a bit of excitement. ;)

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”