TEAM IMOC - Ten of the Best 8 (TOTB VIII) - July 26th, 2009

Information and discussion about TOTB

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ryan

Re: TEAM IMOC - Ten of the Best 8 (TOTB VIII) - July 26th, 2009

Post by ryan »

Hmm, I can understand competitors concerns, personally I know nothing about drag tyres. However with only a couple of months until the event, it could un-level the playing field dramatically, which is probably un level enough as it is when judging the class as 'road legal' :?
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Does anyone have information about what safety requirements there are for competitors? Helmets, overalls, harnesses, fire safety etc?

Thanks,
Ant
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
michael

Post by michael »

cantfindausername wrote:Does anyone have information about what safety requirements there are for competitors? Helmets, overalls, harnesses, fire safety etc?

Thanks,
Ant

The rules aren't too in-depth for the road car class but this is the basic summary with a few bits highlighted in response to your questions:

Ten of the Best events are aimed at road going all round cars for the Overall Champion award, which is only open to road legal, taxed tested and insured road vehicles.

Specific tyre rules are now in place to enter the road car class, contact us for details. wrinkle wall drag tyres are only allowed in our Pro-drag class which has evolved into a competition in ots own right, featuring the Uk's fastest drag cars.

All road class competitors must present their driving license, V5 log book, current road tax and valid MOT for their vehicle on the day.

Pro-drag cars (or those with competition log books) are allowed in our Pro-Drag class only at the discretion of the organisers. Non-road legal cars also fall into this class.

This specific Pro Drag class is open to part tubbed or spaceframe altered cars, ie outright drag only cars, or for those cars that need to run dot marked wrinkle wall tyres. This class of car is generally built purely for drag /top speed runs only. Such cars may run with just one seat fitted, and there is no requirement to have working lights, wipers, horn, and road trim.
Our decision will be final in all cases as to which cars fall into this class.

All vehicles @ the event must pass a scrutineering inpsection and the drivers must attend the driver safety briefing prior to the event or you will not be allowed to race.

Any car capable of 9.5s or faster on the 1/4m must be equipped with a full roll cage, competition seat, plumbed in fire extinguisher and harness.

All Trophy /class winning cars will be checked for compliance during and after the event but prior to the trophy presentation. Additional random checks will be made to competitor vehicles during the event to ensure compliance.

Road tyres for class A, B or C must be used with legal tread depth at all times. Competitors should check with us on legality of a particular make/type of tyre if there is any doubt as to its acceptability.

Wrinkle wall dot drag tyres will be allowed in Class D only.

Generally only D.O.T /E-marked road tyres with a road tread depth/pattern are allowed in classes A, B or C, so please get in touch if you have any specific queries regarding legality as a list of acceptable types is available.

Crash helmets are required to compete in all classes,seat belts or harnesses (if fitted) must be worn and arms/legs must be covered up at all times while driving.
Race suits, boots and gloves are advised for all drivers and are mandatory for Pro-Drag cars and all sub 9.5s 1/4m cars.

Road class Cars must run with 2 front seats fitted, working road trim, ie lights, horn, wipers etc. Those Cars must retain original bulkheads and suspension pickup points.

Pro Drag is specific for competition drag cars and as such competitors should contact us to discuss arrangements.

Any driver or car not complying with the rules may be excluded from the event on the day.

Performance enhancing modifications and Nitrous are allowed!
cantfindausername

Thanks Michael. Much appreaciated. I'm going to be looking into this as I get more news on my car with the hope to being competative enough for a place on Team IMOC.

Cheers,
Ant
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

It's not much of an effort but I'm very happy to come along and help out with anything I can - I'm pretty handy with a spanner and can bbq food and lug stuff about! Don't have a car other than the MR2 though so no good for transporting things.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
GGilbert_MR2

Post by GGilbert_MR2 »

I'm going to put my name down for this year, spectated last year and it was a fantastic event!

Nice to get an even balance of cars for all areas, e.g track, top-end & 1/4 mile.

Nath we need to sort out a better clutch for mine :)

i'm running roughly between 430 & 450fwhp on a gt3071, so will be good for all of the above.

Just need to get myself on a strip & track before this event, to get some practice in.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hoping mine will be ready for mapping at the end of the week...Then just a case of seeing how it goes...Gunna try convince someone with a black and gold one too :-k \:D/
BoJohannsen

Post by BoJohannsen »

My NA's not really suited to drag racing just now! Maybe someday :lol:

My bro and a few friends are making our annual pilgrimage down to TOTB. This will make it the 4th year in a row. I'll come check out Team IMOC and say hello. :D

Steve.
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

Right so its coming along now :)

Me
Chris
Ant
Andy
JJ
George

who else?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
michael

Post by michael »

I have a few PM people interested but I'm guessing they don't want to go public until they are 100% sure :)
Momentum

Post by Momentum »

Century Motorsport wrote:Right so its coming along now :)

Me
Chris
Ant
Andy
JJ
George

who else?

Well i am def up for it if there is space, we will be making the trip from Ireland anyway, as far as i know are evo will be running...
Whats required to be eligable ?? what sort of power do you guys think a 2 needs to be to be competitive in class ??
I also have access to Nitto 555R`s if required...

Cheers Steven
michael

Post by michael »

A couple of days that might be of interest:

Santa Pod - Midweek test day / TOTB qualifier? 13th May:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116314

RAF Woodbridge - Top Speed Days (9th & 10th May)
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116315
royashmr2

Post by royashmr2 »

Century Motorsport wrote:Right so its coming along now :)

Me
Chris
Ant
Andy
JJ
George

who else?

Me. I'm in this year. Just need to send some money off to the boss man. :D
10.1 @137.36
Chris

Post by Chris »

If road cars have to retain the original bulkheads, us lot with boot mounts are screwed!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Chris on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

I've had no entry forms or anything yet, cant remember the entry drill!?
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I'd like to think I could offer something but got a dodgy knee at the moment so probably be hopeless!

Maybe £100 entry plus fuel, food and tyres is putting people off. 400bhp will not be enough to win much in an MR2 so your relying on team spirit for many. I think it can be daunting to face up to silly HP/£££ cars.
GGilbert_MR2

Post by GGilbert_MR2 »

Jimbob wrote:I'd like to think I could offer something but got a dodgy knee at the moment so probably be hopeless!

Maybe £100 entry plus fuel, food and tyres is putting people off. 400bhp will not be enough to win much in an MR2 so your relying on team spirit for many. I think it can be daunting to face up to silly HP/£££ cars.

but isn't this all about a team effort...?

I don't know what others think, but i think a 450hp mr2 on a gt3071 or gt3076, should be fairly quick on the course.

Is my car not quick enough then?
cantfindausername

Jimbob wrote:I'd like to think I could offer something but got a dodgy knee at the moment so probably be hopeless!

I'm personally wanting to do it just to compete in the car. Closest thing I can get to affordable competition.

Chris wrote:If road cars have to retain the original bulkheads, us lot with boot mounts are screwed!!

Nah the boot/engine bay firewall isn't a structural bulkhead. Its normally only cabin connecting bulk heads that have to remain solid/intact. :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
JJ

Post by JJ »

Im fighting the corner to get it ready for the event - unlikely at present as I will explain... ... turbo change out is delayed as the unit was sent out with the wrong turbine on it !! :mad: Trying to get it sprucier on its toes....so going through that unecessary hassle at the moment...

And also, my wind of reliability has just had a trip as theres been a trail of coolant spotted leaking as I pulled onto the drive ...like an estatic labrador pup meeting you for the first tiime ... it followed with that hateful feeling of the heater going cold which consequently got hot !!! just trying to reproduce the leak through the rain clouds... Hope its not the head lifting - wonder if its feasible to weld the head onto the block ?!?! :-k :mrgreen:

Update : Heads not lifting - no pressurising of coolant - weaping rad tap is eventually causing air pockets - New rad to order - May get the turbine back end of next week for fitting ! \:D/
Last edited by JJ on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
royashmr2

Post by royashmr2 »

Century Motorsport wrote:I've had no entry forms or anything yet, cant remember the entry drill!?

Michael posted in here. Or print off the form from the totb web site and send the cheque and form to michael.
10.1 @137.36

Return to “TOTB - Team IMOC-UK”