Xbox One

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

Re: Xbox One

Post by mikee66 »

I think you have misunderstood my comments with regards to Sky, It will be usable as per any digital input ie BD player etc but all the bells and whistles that have been shown by Ms "xbox go to HBO" will not work for the foreseeable future.

Also even in the states where the voice commands ar designed to work you cannot use the hdmi pass-through port along with the optical out (as we have had to do in recent years for the Sky hd boxes)

Appreciate your comments regarding the cars in F5 and YOU may only use 30 cars or so but how do you feel about the track list being only 14????

As for the quality of cars in GT6 don't forget that's last generation and a ps3 is available for £150(ish)

Appreciate that micro-transactions are going to play a big part of the future of gaming but when the game is £45 I expect a finished game not a game I need to spend another £45 to get the full experience of!

Ekona wrote:From Albert Panello:

“This is unrelated to the HDMI-IN “Surround Sound” beta. To clarify, we default HDMI-IN audio to be converted to Stereo. However, we do have a feature you can access in TV settings/Troubleshooting that enables Surround Sound in “beta” form. If you check the box, and you get Surround, you’re golden. We found some inconsistencies in STB’s during testing and decided to disable it by default to insure a good initial setup experience for people.”

So there is HDMI surround pass through, you just need to enable it.

Well at least that's good news but still begs the question why is it in beta when it's integral to a home entertainment setup??

until the bugs are ironed out and the kinect works like Ms would have you believe it does and you can use your sky hd box as MS have shown you can (with cable boxes in the states) then I'll just be sending my output to my av amp.

Also given the fact that some 8 years after the 360 was released MS still couldn't fix the DD bug that was present then I'm not holding my breath for this to corrected
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

mikee66 wrote:I think you have misunderstood my comments with regards to Sky, It will be usable as per any digital input ie BD player etc but all the bells and whistles that have been shown by Ms "xbox go to HBO" will not work for the foreseeable future.

That's coming next year.

mikee66 wrote:Appreciate your comments regarding the cars in F5 and YOU may only use 30 cars or so but how do you feel about the track list being only 14????

Not great, but then again some of the circuits in previous games (the italian coast, the japanese mountain etc) were awful in anything bigger or faster than a Fiesta. It's the TG stuff I don't want, but then I guess I'm in the minority for that.

mikee66 wrote:Appreciate that micro-transactions are going to play a big part of the future of gaming but when the game is £45 I expect a finished game not a game I need to spend another £45 to get the full experience of!

I agree with you, but that's the way things are going now sadly. Blame rising development costs and the bulging 2nd hand market.

mikee66 wrote:Well at least that's good news but still begs the question why is it in beta when it's integral to a home entertainment setup??

Both the Xbone and PS4 have been rushed to market. Really, they could both do with another 6 months in development, but neither company wanted to miss out so both are missing plenty of key features or some things are flakier than they should be.

Mine will also be running to my AVR, I see no reason to change that as I have multiple things to input.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Reviews of Ryse are in and it's not great
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ryse-so ... 0-6415571/

Now I realise why the review was embargoed until today and it's the only one of my xb1 games to be dispatched yesterday.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

I said to my mates that ryse will be a 6/10 7/10 game a few days ago. Real shame as it looks and sounds amazing. Just a shame theres not more variety with the gameplay. Kotaku really like it, just depends if you like that kinda game or not.

I went to game and paid for my xb1 today. Got it with forza 5 and battlefield 4 premium and paid £319 as had some vouchers and card points to use. Damn nice deal I thought! My ex gf has bought me dead rising 3 also so got plenty to keep me busy. Really looking forward to playing killer instinct!
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Is it me or does the one grafix look too similar to the 360.
Doesn't seem to be much improvement between 360 and one compared to the jump from last generation?

I'm sure a decent spec PC would still kick the new gen butt!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I'm not sure why anyone expected Ryse to be this amazing 10/10 game. Crytek do pretty and fun, they don't do deep epic sagas. I'm really looking forward to it, bit of blood and simple fun should be a good time killer :)

Compare the vids of CoD and BF between the two systems, then tell me there's not much of a difference. We're only early doors, and 360/PS3 wasn't that huge a leap over Xbox/PS2 at the time. We've seen the end of massive leaps graphically now, there's only so many polygons our eyes can get see.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

markstevieandmads wrote:Is it me or does the one grafix look too similar to the 360.
Doesn't seem to be much improvement between 360 and one compared to the jump from last generation?

I'm sure a decent spec PC would still kick the new gen butt!

Yeah its definitely you mate! :lol:

Theres no way you could get the level of detail, lighting effects, partical effects and frame rates of games like battlefield 4, forza 5, ryse and killer instinct on the 360. No way. The developer's have said that over and over again.

Yeah a top spec gaming pc on ultra settings maxed out will always look better but that'll cost well over £2000 and you'll be updating the hardware every few months. No thanks. :lol:
Last edited by thai boxer on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:I'm not sure why anyone expected Ryse to be this amazing 10/10 game. Crytek do pretty and fun, they don't do deep epic sagas. I'm really looking forward to it, bit of blood and simple fun should be a good time killer :)

Compare the vids of CoD and BF between the two systems, then tell me there's not much of a difference. We're only early doors, and 360/PS3 wasn't that huge a leap over Xbox/PS2 at the time. We've seen the end of massive leaps graphically now, there's only so many polygons our eyes can get see.

Exactly mate. Release game are never the full potential of the system, far far from it. Just wait until you see the games released on both systems in 3-4-5-6 years time. They are going to look absolutely insane. Cant wait. So wish I was about 10 again! :mrgreen:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Well, I love mine.

Spent a couple of hours on it last night until about 3am, mostly a bit of Ryse and Forza and some dicking around with the Kinect to see what it can/cannot do, and I have to say this is a very good package.

The Kinect works about 90% of the time when you're trying to be quiet because wifey is asleep upstairs :oops: but it's practically flawless when you can be a little louder. Gesture control is a bit crap though, I'm struggling to use that with any real effectiveness.

Forza is as stunning as I hoped, and is incredibly well presented. I skipped F4 because I wasn't finished with F3 (or F2 for that matter), so I don't know how much it's progressed from the last version but right now it's bang-on.

Ryse is nothing more than I expected: Very, very pretty, and simple gameplay. It's a good laugh, some great combos can be put together and you need to be very quick to counter perfectly. It's a lot more challenging than I thought it might be if you're going for perfection, but you could also play it casually.

FIFA is sh*t. Why my players cannot run quick enough to get a tackle in, I'll never know.

Only just started DR3 this morning, but so far it's promising. I hated the time mechanics of the earlier games, so without that bugging me I expect this to be far more fun.

I'm very happy with my purchase so far.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Received mine yesterday but due to illness have not really been able to play much.

Had a bit of a play around with the ui and it's a massive step up form the 360 with regards to kinect integration.

Had a quick look at dr3 and found it to be fun but not a massive step up from 360 graphics.

Forza looked great and equally importantly sounded great

not played ryse or fifa yet but hopefully will have a play today.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Yeah very impressed with it all!

Spent a few hours playing with the UI on release night, definitely a massive improvement over the 360 which I thought was very good anyway. Kinect voice control is actually very impressive! Motion tracks me from across the room, signs me in without pressing anything, scanned several codes in seconds. Havent even bothered with the motion controls as im not interested in ever using them, snap function is really good, definitely a future proof idea. Theres definitely a lot of depth to the UI, a lot of different options and settings to play with a customise.

Downloaded killer instinct straight away....absolutely f**king awesome game! Realy really good looking game, sounds amazing and plays really well. A very very technical fighting game when you understand how to play it properly. When you start chaining massive combos together its an extremely satisfying feeling! Pulled off a 48 hit ultra combo yesterday and the game went mental!

Battlefield 4 is absolutely brilliant. Looks incredible and through my astro 7.1 headphones sounds so good! Played 4-5 hours online and the maps are wicked. Everything runs so smoothly at 60fps. Half way through the campaign atm and its pretty good. Multiplayer is the only reason I bought it though.

Haven't tried forza yet but will later. Ive played it already a few months ago so I know how good it is.

Love the new pad! Just feels so easy to hold and use and the new inpulse triggers are great. Definitely very happy with it all so far. :thumleft:
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

Ekona wrote:Well, I love mine.

Spent a couple of hours on it last night until about 3am, mostly a bit of Ryse and Forza and some dicking around with the Kinect to see what it can/cannot do, and I have to say this is a very good package.

The Kinect works about 90% of the time when you're trying to be quiet because wifey is asleep upstairs :oops: but it's practically flawless when you can be a little louder. Gesture control is a bit crap though, I'm struggling to use that with any real effectiveness.

Forza is as stunning as I hoped, and is incredibly well presented. I skipped F4 because I wasn't finished with F3 (or F2 for that matter), so I don't know how much it's progressed from the last version but right now it's bang-on.

Ryse is nothing more than I expected: Very, very pretty, and simple gameplay. It's a good laugh, some great combos can be put together and you need to be very quick to counter perfectly. It's a lot more challenging than I thought it might be if you're going for perfection, but you could also play it casually.

FIFA is sh*t. Why my players cannot run quick enough to get a tackle in, I'll never know.

Only just started DR3 this morning, but so far it's promising. I hated the time mechanics of the earlier games, so without that bugging me I expect this to be far more fun.

I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

Is your gamer tag Ekona? I was doing a career race on forza and someone's drivatar was called Ekona!!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Stick your XB1 gamertags up guys, I've probaly got most of them from the 360 but just in case. :thumleft:

THAI BOXER 31
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

revturbo wrote:
Is your gamer tag Ekona? I was doing a career race on forza and someone's drivatar was called Ekona!!

It is, yes! :D That's brilliant, I'm genuinely excited about that, although I've no idea why. Was I any good? What level did you have the drivatars set at?
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

So.............

After spending a bit of time over the weekend I can honestly say that the Ps4 is gonna have to be a very impressive bit of kit to beat the Xb1.

The UI is super slick, I find myself using voice control so much more than I thought I would and it works about 85% of the time if I calm the Scottish accent down lol! The problem with that though is the 15% it doesn't work is even more infuriating :lol:

I LOVE the controller! The triggers are shaped perfectly and it's weighted perfectly for me.

I'm really happy with it and I'm really excited to see what they are going to with it going forward.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

mikee66 wrote:So.............

After spending a bit of time over the weekend I can honestly say that the Ps4 is gonna have to be a very impressive bit of kit to beat the Xb1.

The UI is super slick, I find myself using voice control so much more than I thought I would and it works about 85% of the time if I calm the Scottish accent down lol! The problem with that though is the 15% it doesn't work is even more infuriating :lol:

I LOVE the controller! The triggers are shaped perfectly and it's weighted perfectly for me.

I'm really happy with it and I'm really excited to see what they are going to with it going forward.

Totally agree mate! I also have been using the voice commands a lot more than I thought, definitely not a gimmick this time around.

Absolutely love the pad! Loved the 360 and this one is just so much better. Best pad ever made by far....and I've used a lot of different pads over the years!

Just wait until its all patched how they want it, new updates and additions etc and the games in 2-3-4-5 years time are going to be incredible! :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

£60 DLC, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... al-rip-off

Case in point: the Lotus E21 formula one car, one of Forza 5’s new star attractions keenly publicised by Microsoft as this is the first game in the series to feature open wheel racecars. What they failed to mention was the astronomical price of admission. In-game, it costs a whopping 6 million credits. Alternatively, at the time of writing you can buy it for 10,000 tokens – in real world cash, this equates to over £60.00. £60.00 for one digital racecar? No. Just no.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Just don't buy it via tokens, then. Play the game properly and unlock it.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Unlike in Forza 4, free cars are no longer regularly rwarded for winning races and levelling up – in Forza 5 you have to purchase each and every one of them using in-game credits or tokens.

Actually pretty disappointed to hear that.

Combined with Affinity being scrapped - so no free upgrading - you'll never be able to save that much in-game cash.

Return to “Games Consoles”