Re: Xbox One

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:Nov 22nd. Ace.

Forza 5 and fifa 14 both free with every pre order. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Just Fifa, Forza is a Game thing that replaces Fifa.

Unless you know differently, in which case send me the link! :D
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:Just Fifa, Forza is a Game thing that replaces Fifa.

Unless you know differently, in which case send me the link! :D

Just read in online mate, free digital version of forza 5 instead of fifa if you'd prefer that. Not interested in fifa in the slightest, wouldn't ever play it even though it is free but forza 5 free is excellent news!
Last edited by thai boxer on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/42 ... rder-deal/

UK retailers GAME, Amazon.co.uk and ShopTo are offering the deal, which rewards Xbox One pre-orders with either a free digital copy of Forza 5 or the previously announced FIFA 14.

:thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Nice one, thanks chaps.

Think I'll stick with my Fifa edition, not that I particularly want the game and was buying Forza anyway, but I'd kinda got used to the idea of having it as a freebie. Not logical in any sense, I know! :lol:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:Nice one, thanks chaps.

Think I'll stick with my Fifa edition, not that I particularly want the game and was buying Forza anyway, but I'd kinda got used to the idea of having it as a freebie. Not logical in any sense, I know! :lol:

Yep you're absolutely right mate....no sense at all! :lol:

Been into GAME and pre-ordered Forza 5 instead of Fifa. Mate if you're planning to buy Forza anyway then grab it for free with your console! Fifa codes will be in there 10000's once the console is released! :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

But I want to play my free copy of Fifa now, goddammit! [-( :lol:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Got my hands on the XB1 (and PS4) yesterday at Eurogamer in London. VERY impressed with it overall! :thumleft:

The new controller is outstanding, definitely the best I've used yet. Fits perfectly into your hands and the tighter layout is definitely improved. D-pad is far far better than the 360's one. The active triggers were really good and we're definitely gona see that in more pads in the future.

Managed to get my hands on and play:

Killer Instinct- went in there only to try out the new controller as wasn't that fussed with KI but came out very impressed! Looks incredible and plays really well.

Forza 5- looks and feels excellent! The graphics, lighting, textures and reflections are amazing. Car felt really solid and the active triggers really improved the feel.

Battlefield 4- AWESOME :twisted: Only downside was I didn't get long enough with it (only 10mins) but it looks and sounds amazing.

Titanfall - unfortunately on the 360 and not XB1 as for some reason they only had it playing on the 360 and no other platform. Still looked and played really well, my only negative was it was far too much like COD (same guys that made MW1 and 2) but the final game will definitely be a lot of fun to play.

Unfortunately didn't get to play Dead Rising 3 as thats looking brilliant from what I've seen. Ryse looks good but didn't get to play it, same goes from AC-Black Flag.

Really impressed with the launch titles now I've managed to play some of them and see the others running infront on me. Roll on November 22nd! :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Did you get to see DR3 at least? Just wondering how the framerate was looking, and if it was improved over the last times we've seen the game at shows.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

What they showed at E3 was early Alpha footage so they say and they have sorted frame rate issues out and from what I've seen of it and what the reviewers have been saying theres no frame rate issues at all which is good. Didn't get hands on with it which was a shame but did see it running and it looked excellent. Thought DR 1 and 2 were pretty crap but 3 looks great.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

The new 12 minute dashboard demonstration looks excellent. If it works as well as they are showing its definitely a huge step in the right direction.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Now this looks amazing!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/m ... ing-kinect

If they can do that with the old Kinect.....lets see what they can do with the new one!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Here's the montage:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xaks ... es-montage

Some game site reviews are coming in now.

Forza 5 - 9.2/10 - 8.8/10. Looks and feels fantastic, played it for about 20 mins and definitely wasn't dissapointed.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/20/for ... deo-review

Killer Instinct - 8.4/10. Played this game and its excellent. Looks amazing and plays really well. The partical effects and lighting are really nice. One of the best fighting games I've ever played. Ultra combo at the end of this review is brilliant!

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/18/kil ... deo-review

Dead Rising 3 - 8.4/10. Havent' got my hands on this yet but have watched a lot of live gameplay in London, looked really good fun. Didn't like the DR1 and DR2 at all though so really glad they've got rid of the ball achingly annoying time limit!

http://kotaku.com/dead-rising-3-the-kot ... 1466425780

Lococycle - ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :lol: WHY did they release this utter crap!! Looks absolutely terrible. 5/10...but Kotaku seem to like it!

http://kotaku.com/lococycle-the-kotaku- ... 1467662997

Battlefield 4 - 9.5/10

NFS Rivals - 8.4/10

AC 4 Black Flag - 9.2/10

Madden - 8/10

:thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Just bought mine :mrgreen:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Ive got my day one edition coming tomorrow along with ryse, Dr3, Forza and fifa.

It looks a decent machine but all the videos and live streams I've watched show the kinect being temperamental.

When it works it's great but that's about 70% of the time.

In all honesty the kinect is a gimmick that serves no real purpouse in the kind of games the average gamer is going to play. I'm sure it's great for dance mental 5 or zumba etc bit let's be honest how many copies of those games are going to be sold?

The hdmi pass-through is also a problem for me and not because it's not supported by sky either it's much worse than that!

It doesn't support DD 5.1!!!! To me for a machine that Microsoft want you to use as your main hub for home cinema it's a massive mistake! It very well may be that Ms fix this with a firmware update but they've not confirmed anything yet.

Also after reading A LOT about the system I was shocked to read that Forza is only released with 200 cars compared with the 1200 of GT6 on PS3!! Of course others will be available available via DLC in the future and also tracks inc the ring are going to be DLC too??????

Also the cars that are available in game are massively expensive but guess what! For a small fee you can just purchase them with using your card details!

I am looking forward to receiving the system and games but I'm also realistic that it's not going to be centre piece for my home entertainment system that Ms would have me believe.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

why would you need any more than the 200 cars in F5? That's an awful lot. I barely used maybe 30 cars across any racing game, regardless of format. Also those 200 cars are fully rendered in 1080p inside and out, I think you'll find that most of the 1200 cars in GT6 do not have interiors and most are throwbacks from GT4.

Think of F5 as the equivalent of the original: It's a great start, but there's plenty more to come and the next one will be the start of the definitive next gen Forza experience.

Where have you read that HDMI is not supported by Sky? All reviews I've seen have said that it works fine with Sky and Virgin. Lack of 5/7.1 pass through is a pain, but may well be patchable and you can still use the optical link for that if you wish I believe (although that will be limited to DD due to the lower bandwidth available).

Microtransactions are the future, and have been for a while. It's a great way for publishers to make a bit of extra cash, and it will always remain an option if you don't want to pay for extra. For some games I will, for some I won't.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

From Albert Panello:

“This is unrelated to the HDMI-IN “Surround Sound” beta. To clarify, we default HDMI-IN audio to be converted to Stereo. However, we do have a feature you can access in TV settings/Troubleshooting that enables Surround Sound in “beta” form. If you check the box, and you get Surround, you’re golden. We found some inconsistencies in STB’s during testing and decided to disable it by default to insure a good initial setup experience for people.”

So there is HDMI surround pass through, you just need to enable it.

Return to “Games Consoles”