Post by DannyN »

we know :wink:

Has the online started yet ??
thai boxer

Re: GTA 5 general banter!

Post by thai boxer »

DannyN wrote:we know :wink:

Yeah started yesterday at 12pm. Not a good first day though! Servers went down, races were taking over an hour to start and game wouldn't load. I haven't tried it yet but Rockstar are on the case.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

thai boxer wrote:

Yeah started yesterday at 12pm. Not a good first day though! Servers went down, races were taking over an hour to start and game wouldn't load. I haven't tried it yet but Rockstar are on the case.

it's a total nightmare. there's something that playing online (or trying to) does to the xbox too, it wouldn't read my disc after playing online, i had to restart about 5 times, this is on a BRAND NEW xbox that i bought only yesterday and a brand new copy of GTA as my wee one tipped over my old xbox and wrecked it along with the disc inside :( a 1 hour old machine can't read a brand new disc?? hmmmmmm....
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

thai boxer wrote:

it's a total nightmare. there's something that playing online (or trying to) does to the xbox too, it wouldn't read my disc after playing online, i had to restart about 5 times, this is on a BRAND NEW xbox that i bought only yesterday and a brand new copy of GTA as my wee one tipped over my old xbox and wrecked it along with the disc inside :( a 1 hour old machine can't read a brand new disc?? hmmmmmm....
craig

Post by craig »

It was always gonna be the case.......the whole world waiting for online to be released..........controllers in hand.........go.......CRASH FEST! :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:It was always gonna be the case.......the whole world waiting for online to be released..........controllers in hand.........go.......CRASH FEST! :lol:

yeah, but causing a new xbox to not read a new disc?? i've reported it to rockstar anyway. as per their site says to.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

I'm having too much fun at the mo to be bothered going online!
2 in 1 head shots on the o'neill boys with the sniper rifle lol
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I went online at the weekend. I don't get it. Seems just like offline but you go and do jobs to earn money.

Didn't really see much in the way of evidence of other players online, apart from hearing two guys over the speaker who I never encountered in game play.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
craig

Post by craig »

Need to get a wireless internet connector for mine, as I've moved the Xbox away from the hub. Used to be wired, but if it's crap online, don't think I'll bother.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Its broken. Online just isn't working. Tried several times and only once got online with it....then got booted out from the rockstar servers! Not good. Traded it in at GAME today.

Great game, a sh*tload of time and effort has gone into making it.....just not amazing and was expecting more.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

As said on text other day Gregg
Loads of time gone into the city etc
But seemed to forget the game itself
craig

Post by craig »

I love it. Fantastic game in every way 8)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

oh i am enjoying the game.. but seem to be gettign through the story a bit quickly..
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

You might have been premature, Gregg as surely there must be more to the online experience than what is currently there. So I would expect it to develop.

I've had no problems getting online, though I only did it twice last Friday. Probably won't bother again though as I don't play online.

I'm still only on 12.5%, but i'll only play it once a week if that. Might complete it sometime next year, if at all.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Yeah but I wasn't that fussed with the online side anyway. Main campaign was good just was expecting so much more from it. The heists just weren't as good as they should've been and there definitely wasn't enough of them. Finished the game at about 78% so the rest was just a few side missions. Some were good, some were crap.

Roll on next gen! 8)
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Lauren wrote:
I'm still only on 12.5%, but i'll only play it once a week if that. Might complete it sometime next year, if at all.

I know that feeling! I'm still going through San Andreas on the PC. I'm about half way through GTA 4 on the PS, along with Red Dead. I still haven't unwrapped Mafia 2, which I got for Christmas last year and I've only completed the first race of the season on F1GP... Still, at least I don't need to be buying a PS4 until they are much cheaper. :mrgreen:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Speaking of PS4 (or the xbox) if they release GTA V for the next gen consoles then do you think you'll be able to play online ps3 v ps4 ?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Doubt it, it's bad enough trying to okay PS3 vs PS3 atm! :lol:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

lol, I doubt it too mate.
Was just having a chat with a mate who said he wasnt buying it til the new year when he gets a next gen console
Donato

Post by Donato »

I've just heard that anyone using GTAV in October will be compensated with $50,000. I might just have to get online now. I've not started my online career yet as i've heard a lot of people losing progress due to glitches!

Return to “Games Consoles”