1994 Rev 3 Turbo T-Bar - Deposit taken

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JD

1994 Rev 3 Turbo T-Bar - Deposit taken

Post by JD »

Hello.

---> Click for pics <---

Running driving revision 3 turbo. Sills done in and out last year. There are a couple of scabs appearing on the rear arches but still presentable and could probably go a few more summers before they need doing. If the car doesn't sell this year I might do them myself at the end of the summer and maybe someone will be keener to buy next year.

Quick run down of the "has it been messed about with?" sort of things:

GT2860RS
Greddy SMIC
Apexi intake
255lph fuel pump
Sard FPR
Fuel lines in -6 braided hose
HKS BOV
JE forged pistons (86.5mm)
Blitz DSBC
Fresh hose from hell and HFHOE

Tein coilovers with pillowball top mounts
Polybushed arms blasted and black epoxy painted (will include front ARB polybushes in sale - not fitted)
16" staggered SA3R with Toyo R1-R tyres
For the right price I might include a set of SSR Longchamp XR4-Z which have been with the car since I've had it

Recent work includes ball joints, rear brake hardlines, rear caliper replacement, ISCV and throttlebody clean and refit with new gaskets, rear sill sections replaced inside and out as far as it needed to go, all calipers removed, slider pins cleaned and regreased, and re-fitted, coolant flushed and changed with Toyota long life red. Oil changed at least once a year, which comes to every few hundred miles. New cam belt done just a few hundred miles ago. More odd jobs I don't remember. Will jump out at me if we walk around the car and you want a chat. Big folder of receipts going back as far as it came into the UK and original Toyota Vista wallet from dealer in Japan.

This is a running, driving MOT'd car that you can enjoy as it is, or improve it yourself over time. The paintwork is commensurate with the age of the vehicle, it is presentable and cleans up ok but would benefit from a blow over if you're after perfection. You can see better in person. A forged engine build and gt2860rs turbo kit, this is a solid and reliable base and only an ECU and a set of injectors away from 350-375 bhp. Made 345 previously on standard fueling with a Power FC (now removed and running original ECU).

Has ticket until end of Sept, and I will be using it occasionally until it sells. It should go without saying that I'm not interested in mega-lowballing. Please don't be daft :)

Located in Suffolk

No swaps or p/x

£5000

PM me here, or smash questions down below in the thread. It's free to join!
Last edited by JD on Wed May 19, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rev5GT

Re: 1994 Rev 3 Turbo T-Bar - Deposit taken

Post by Rev5GT »

Any close up pics of the rear archs? Also whats mileage / service history or receipts for work done? Timing belt / clutch etc..?

Cheers
JD

Post by JD »

Rev5GT wrote:Any close up pics of the rear archs? Also whats mileage / service history or receipts for work done? Timing belt / clutch etc..?

Cheers

Mileage 163k with some in in km, and rebuilt at some point (from memory its got about 60k on the build). Yes, thanks for reminding me, the cambelt is only a few hundred miles old. Receipt for that will be in the folder, unless it's among those I have to print off to add to it. I will grab some pictures in the daylight.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

lovely car. ive messaged a friend whose been looking for a 2.. so ill let you know asap JD.
JD

Post by JD »

rossonza wrote:lovely car. ive messaged a friend whose been looking for a 2.. so ill let you know asap JD.

Excellent, thanks man :)
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I've seen this car in the metal a couple of times, it's a really nice genuine, useable car... a solid rev3 + with a forged engine and aftermarket turbo kit has got to be worth at least £5k of anyone's money these days.. add up the cost of an engine build, turbo kit, type R recaros etc and the car is for nothing.

good luck with the sale :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
JD

Post by JD »

Cheers Rob :thumleft:
Ali's Gts

Post by Ali's Gts »

5k seems too cheap especially for a forged engine 😱. I would've definitely taken this
MR2TRD8

Mr2 for sale

Post by MR2TRD8 »

Too cheap pal
JD

Post by JD »

She's going to a very good home :thumleft:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”