1994 Revision 3 GT-S T-bar

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JD

1994 Revision 3 GT-S T-bar

Post by JD »

1994 Revision 3 GT-S in 3E5 red

For sale is my Rev 3 GT-S. I've owned the car for several years now and it's been up and down the country. I'll list the details and then explain a bit more about the car and my reasons for selling.

The car is located in Suffolk just off the A12 near Saxmundham.

1994 Revision 3 GT-S T-bar, 3E5 red
FSH/receipts for it's UK life, imported 2006 with service log from Japan
Forged build with JE 86.5mm pistons
Garrett GT2860RS internally wastegated
Blitz Dual SBC
New goodridge oil drain and water hoses for turbo with firesleeve (genuine; not ebay)
New coolant bypass hoses ("hose from hell" and "hose from hell on earth")
Custom 3" downpipe
Apexi GT exhaust
255LPH fuel pump
SARD FPR (genuine)
-6 braided fuel lines
SARD (Denso) 850cc high imp. injectors tested and flow matched
New Toyota fuel filter
Apexi power intake
HKS SSQV
Recent ignition refresh
Pre-compressor water injection with solenoid valve
Intake manifold has 1/8" NPT bosses TIG welded into the runners for the option of direct port water/meth injection currently sealed with 1/8" blanking plugs
I can also supply four-branch water manifold block and smaller nozzles with the car depending on agreed price
Boot mount water injection reservoir, filter, pump
Apexi Power FC - mapped my Ryan G on 540s; 292whp in a very warm room. Can supply this map if you want to revert to 540cc.
Recent shift bearing kit and cube rotation

Tein Super Street adjustable coilovers with Tein pillowball top mounts
Yokohama Advan SA3R with nearly new Toyo R1-R tyres
Prothane bushes front and rear - the front ARB bushes weren't fitted and old ones left in so I had to ask trader to supply them separate - will include
Recently blasted and painted front and rear subframes and arms
EBC red stuff pads and grooved discs

Honda DC2 Recaro SR seats in red
A-pillar pod with oil temp and boost gauges
Raybrig headlights
Alpine headunit MP3/iPod/CD/etc

Things that require attention:
Has had a sill and arches resto in the last few years but O/S outer sill requires attention
T-bar seals will need replacing soon - intermittent leaking driver side
Various little scuffs and blemishes on the paint but overall very good for a 3E5 car
Central locking doesn't work since the car is back but likely that the workshop neglected to plug the control box back in when refitting interior
Passenger a-pillar courtesy handle thing is loose
Alignment needed since suspension rebuild

Car isn't mapped on the current setup (850cc). The characteristics of these injectors are quite different from the Toyota ones so it's not just a simple case of adjusting the injector scaling in FC Edit. It requires proper calibration. I did drive the car back from the trader's workshop but it's barely driveable and needs calibrating. The gods conspired to make me miss two calibration sessions up at EFI Parts in Runcorn, and many hours of miserable driving for nothing, after which I had to admit defeat and resented any more of my time, effort, or money going into this car. I was already fed up with the time it had taken to get around to even starting the work (it was at the shop about 18 months in total). I just never took the final steps to get it going. The larger injectors and fuelling upgrades were to insure a bit more overhead on injector duty at full boost but I guess that's for the next owner to take advantage of. I've recently changed careers which involved a decrease in income and moving, so I have to accept that it's just not practical to hold onto the car when it's taking up space and all it's recent work and parts now going to waste. I've had some good times with car, but it's time to move on. I just wish it had been under better circumstances.

I'm firm on £4500 or £4000 if you bring your own wheels with tyres. The MOT ran out on Feb 16th and the car is currently SORN. This is a car with much spent and refreshed and only a few steps away from being on the road again and as such, a lot of work that would be required on similarly priced or cheaper cars has been done here.

Please message me on here with any inquiries.

Kind regards,
John

👉 PICTURES 👈
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Re: 1994 Revision 3 GT-S T-bar

Post by JAAASH »

Shame to see you selling up John :( Such a nice car and so close to being an awesome little road warrior.
GLWS anyhow :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
JD

Post by JD »

Thanks Josh. I'll have to catch up on what's been happening with yours.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Definitely mate :thumleft: Lots going on, just been real lazy updating things on here :oops:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Good luck with sale I'll try convince someone who's looking for a 2 to have a look. We'll miss your wit on here :lol:
JD

Post by JD »

Odin_S wrote:Good luck with sale I'll try convince someone who's looking for a 2 to have a look. We'll miss your wit on here :lol:

Thanks man :) I think I'll probably stick around to cause trouble in some capacity.
JD

Post by JD »

Going up on ebay this weekend. Eh.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

so much car for the money. good luck with the sale :thumleft:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Shame you can't keep it man, so close to being finished! (for now)
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Just to state what I'm sure many are thinking .... If you have the injectors and map, why not just swap them back and set the map back on and you'll have a running car rather than a dud? It seems odd.
JD

Post by JD »

androo007 wrote:Just to state what I'm sure many are thinking .... If you have the injectors and map, why not just swap them back and set the map back on and you'll have a running car rather than a dud? It seems odd.

I don't have any 540s. I think I sold them. I don't have a Datalogit or FC Hako to swap maps. If anyone with a datalogit/fc hako could rock up and help me out that might help as I could take the car to get an MOT and have a drive-away car to sell. I'm out in the sticks, though. The other option would be to acquire an OE ECU (I sold mine) and a set of 540s. All these options have already been considered and my first move was to list the car as is. I may pursue other options :thumleft:

Thanks Ross and Gazza. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun for the right person (hopefully this summer!)
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I have both injectors and ecu for £3800... Trying to get my friend to buy a good mr2 :lol:
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

do you have the fc commander? could you not just put in the injector values as long as it hasnt been locked think 850cc on mine are 62/63/63/62 and you can get the other settings from online, that would get you up and running nicely drivable, just dont thrash it

http://paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm#57
If you see an MR2 with a raised engine cover, the bottom line is it's probably faster than your car.
JD

Post by JD »

simpson_eh wrote:do you have the fc commander? could you not just put in the injector values as long as it hasnt been locked think 850cc on mine are 62/63/63/62 and you can get the other settings from online, that would get you up and running nicely drivable, just dont thrash it

http://paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm#57

Injector values have been adjusted which is how I drove it home, but I don't think it would pass an MOT like that. The characteristics are very different to the 540s and it's horrible to drive. In theory I have a commander. It's still with the workshop who were supposed to be doing some precision soldering for me to repair the output which had been re-angled for a previous dash mount. I'm not sure whether or not I'll actually get it back, or if the fix will be succesful. If I do and it still works then It will be included with the ECU, whether I sell it separately or with the car.
JD

Post by JD »

[mods delete pls]

Return to “MR2s for Sale”