Quick Vids from Anglesey

Your videos from MR2 events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Blokey

Re: Quick Vids from Anglesey

Post by Blokey »

...how about...

Republica - Ready To Go.
Propaganda - Duel (or Jewel, latter is a softer version).
New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix).
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town.
Yello - Oh Yeah (Instrumental).
Cyndi Lauper - I drove All Night.
Orbital IV Part 2.
The Chemical Brothers - Hey Gril, Hey Boy.
The Chemical Brothers - In Dust We Trust.
Ocean Colour Scene - Giving It All Away.
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes.
Modjo - Chillin.

...and so on - no idea if they'll go with video - I just like them (c:

B.
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

BenF wrote:
Also - I'm thinking of making a DVD up with all the footage from everyone on it, if there is less than 2 hours in total - would anyone want one?

£2 Paypal'd should cover the cost of the DVD, box and postage potentially, but would need a few more days to compile ...

Yes please!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

*flicks through iTunes*

Razorlight, stumble & fall
Echobelly, king of the kerb
Thin Lizzy, the boys are back in town
Steriogram, walkie talkie man
Stereophonics, local boy in the photograph
Semisonic, singing in my sleep
Iggy Pop, lust for life
Jamiroquai, deeper underground
Foo fighters, times like these
Fatboy slim, praise you
Death in vegas, Aisha
underworld, born slippy
prodigy, smack my b***h up
the killers, mr brightside
feeder, just a day (heh, like Gt3)
faithless, I want more (or insomnia)
chemical brothers, block rocking beats
basement jaxx, where's your head at

I'd pick Offshore off the behind the sun album from Chicane, but it was the CD which got stuck in the cd player after elv, so i'd be happy if I never heard it again!

wow, thats quite a lot :) I spose it depends how quick everything is going to be cut together..
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

How about no music? ;)

Though The Smiths would be acceptable, or perhaps Mozza; Boy Racer.. though maybe not, possibly the Draize Train, The Queen is Dead, Barbarism Begins at Home... etc... ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Cheers all. There are some seriously good suggestions in there - I've not got the opposite problem to the one I had originally - I've now got too many good tracks and I need to pick just one :D

I'll have a ponder as I edit stuff up over the weekend..

The clips of everyone driving will be just that - they'd just be whatever the camera recorded, including some good comedy asides.

(Alex / Anna - On the footage from your car I noticed a lot of audio noise, like a high pitched whistle. Dunno if that's due to the ECU or ignition system you're using putting noise on the 12v supply that my converter couldn't filter out .. but the video is still watchable.)

I've been amused listening to the comments from the drivers and especially passengers as the video tapes have been playing into the PC. If anyone wants to bribe me to 'edit' out driver/ passenger comments ... I'm sure some arrangement could be made ... :mrgreen:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again! :wink:
Sandie Shaw - Hand in Glove [-o<
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Icsunonove wrote:Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again! :wink:
Sandie Shaw - Hand in Glove [-o<

:thumright:
anna

Post by anna »

BenF wrote:
(Alex / Anna - On the footage from your car I noticed a lot of audio noise, like a high pitched whistle. Dunno if that's due to the ECU or ignition system you're using putting noise on the 12v supply that my converter couldn't filter out .. but the video is still watchable.)

yeah - it does whine/whistle (I think it might be the water injection pump, but not sure)
Blokey

Post by Blokey »

....rotary with only one working turbo :shock: ](*,) #-o :cry: :?:
...and that's only 5K miles after a rebuild...and it's filling the cabin with exhaust fumes..... :cyclops: ](*,)

Good job the SC is running sweetly though...apart from flooding a friends driveway in new coolant while I was trying to fill it up - nearly as bad as pouring in really expensive engine oil before remembering to put the sump plug back #-o

Ben (oooohhhh...there's a coincidence :wink: ) would you put me down for a DVD too please....?

B.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

anna wrote:
BenF wrote:

yeah - it does whine/whistle (I think it might be the water injection pump, but not sure)

Ah, that would make sense. I was trying to work out what could be causing it- it almost sounded like PAS pump noise from the Mk2. I just noticed that none of the other Mk1s suffered from it.
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Blokey wrote:nearly as bad as pouring in really expensive engine oil before remembering to put the sump plug back #-o

Been there, done that!

BTW, I still havent got round to burning the cd for you, sorry, however if your popping over to someone not so far away from this thread :wink:, I've PM'd him details on how to download the file from my site, they wanted to test their new high speed internet connection :)

I will burn CD tomorrow tho and let you know!
Blokey

Post by Blokey »

ldavies83 wrote:
Blokey wrote:nearly as bad as pouring in really expensive engine oil before remembering to put the sump plug back #-o

Been there, done that!

BTW, I still havent got round to burning the cd for you, sorry, however if your popping over to someone not so far away from this thread :wink:, I've PM'd him details on how to download the file from my site, they wanted to test their new high speed internet connection :)

I will burn CD tomorrow tho and let you know!

Cool - Thanks! I'll be going to see them tomorrow (put new disks & pads on the SC today, tomorrow it's braided brake hose time and Motul RBF600 fluid). I'll remind them next time they change their oil - to put the sump plug back \:D/

Time to book up the next track day....where next.... =D>

B.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Blokey wrote:Time to book up the next track day....where next.... =D>

B.

Cadwell on the 6th November. If you like the Ring you'll love Cadwell.

Is the best circuit in the UK.
racing23mr2

anna s 2nd lap

Post by racing23mr2 »

from the original anglsey epic!!!!!go girl come and join the challenge, your racing lines on the second attempt were really good, a bit more right foot needed but quite smooth. gr8 camera work by the way, and Tom you are really fighting that car be nice dont beat it up!!!
anna

Post by anna »

Lauren wrote:
Blokey wrote:Time to book up the next track day....where next.... =D>

B.

Cadwell on the 6th November. If you like the Ring you'll love Cadwell.

Is the best circuit in the UK.

Tis full.... :(

(was going to do this one too - assuming the car didn't fall to pieces at Anglesey)
anna

Re: anna s 2nd lap

Post by anna »

racing23mr2 wrote:from the original anglsey epic!!!!!go girl come and join the challenge, your racing lines on the second attempt were really good, a bit more right foot needed but quite smooth. gr8 camera work by the way, and Tom you are really fighting that car be nice dont beat it up!!!

Cheers sarah (I presume you are talking about me!).
I can go a lot quicker and smoother if I really try ;) but tbh I was showboating a bit for the camera :oops: :D \:D/

And if anyone wants to offer me a free go in their challenge car, feel free (although the chances must be slim given the first video clip :D)
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

racing23mr2 wrote:from the original anglsey epic!!!!!go girl come and join the challenge, your racing lines on the second attempt were really good, a bit more right foot needed but quite smooth. gr8 camera work by the way, and Tom you are really fighting that car be nice dont beat it up!!!

Look Sara, I would be nice to it if it would behave properly! :P Understeer in, oversteer out. And to be fair to me I was out on track for a day and a half and didn't spin at all ! Until the very last lap that is, but the left front had started to delaminate

Unlike some other people! :roll: I let Lauren loose in my car for just a few laps and she spun it exiting Radar. The very next session Jo promptly spun it coming out of the hairpin......
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Icsunonove wrote:

Look Sara, I would be nice to it if it would behave properly! :P Understeer in, oversteer out. And to be fair to me I was out on track for a day and a half and didn't spin at all ! Until the very last lap that is, but the left front had started to delaminate

Unlike some other people! :roll: I let Lauren loose in my car for just a few laps and she spun it exiting Radar. The very next session Jo promptly spun it coming out of the hairpin......

Those A032Rs are utter crap though Tom, no progressiveness at all.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Lauren wrote:

Lauren, I don't know if they were warm/working with you in the car, but when I got some laps with Tom at the end of Sunday they didn't feel bad at all from the passenger seat - they were quite progressive and easily gooned, as Tom demonstrated ;)

Certainly didn't have a off/on grip level at the limit that I was expecting given they're derived from slicks.

It could have been that as they'd been standing for a long while they needed some scrubbing in before they started working properly again.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

benf wrote:
Lauren wrote:

Lauren, I don't know if they were warm/working with you in the car, but when I got some laps with Tom at the end of Sunday they didn't feel bad at all from the passenger seat - they were quite progressive and easily gooned, as Tom demonstrated ;)

Certainly didn't have a off/on grip level at the limit that I was expecting given they're derived from slicks.

It could have been that as they'd been standing for a long while they needed some scrubbing in before they started working properly again.

I can't vouch for Tom's driving (i've never been in a car with him) but his familiarity with them could well have masked their tendencies to go from understeer on turn-in to oversteer at apex with not a lot inbetween. I certainly found them a lot less progressive than A539s, though perhaps that isn't overly surprising. The general consensus amongst the trackday tyre experts is that they lack progression and from my experience of Tom's car i would agree. They were certainly fun but they did take a little getting used to.

Return to “Event Videos”