Awaiting an MOT this week
Leon.

Re: TRD Widebody - 509.6BHP!

Post by Leon. »

Awesome machine chap, must be an update now? :mrgreen:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Your post reminded me to book it into the mappers.

Got some problems with the stock ECU.

Basically so far I've 300miles revving between 2000 and 4500 wherever possible. The boost is at .5bar. The problem is as soon as it comes on boost properly it misses. It feels more like a rich miss than leaning but the timing of the event seems like it should be leaning out? The spluttering coincides with the Intake starting to make nice sucking noises so its obviously starting to get a fair bit of air in.

Its got a 3071r with stcok AFM, Injectors and ECU but big inlet manifold and intercooler. Its also got a swirl pot and HP pump. I would think it is making nowhere near the limit of 440cc injectors with good rail pressure between 50-60psi. So I can only assume its going wide open on the AFM which is telling the ECU to dump in loads of fuel. I seem to remember that the stock AFM/ECU push injectors wide open if the AFM goes fully open? It has a similar problem with lots of throttle at lower revs.

Its done 300miles and is running very sweatly other than the above, it revs smooth and seems to want to fly. The other imp[ressive thing is the exhaust note with the stainless manifold and new turbo its really burbly and a bit impreza like.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Done the running in miles now and all ready for initial mapping. Booked in for 4th December for a 1bar map so fingers crossed. Just extended my ECU loom so it has now moved the ECU into a location which allows my TMIC to be finished. Will be tidtying wiring up and installing the remainder of my bits this weekend. Once its done I'll post up pics.

Few bits to sort then its on with WI and a few more bits i'm working on ready for a final map after X-mas. I'll keep things updated.

After the engine its onto the bodywork as the widebody needs livening up. Anyone anygood at Photoshop might go for some big AEM graphics, but in a subtle colour like a charcoal.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Stunning work Jim. Im looking forward to the result. Oh and spot on what you said a while back about the TRD spoiler looking bad on a widebody. :thumleft:
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Jimbob what was the initial figures on the mapping on the 4th ?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Bad news I'm afraid the belt snapped on the dyno two days before I was due to go in.

The good news is its getting mapped this weekend coming. There won't be any figures as its not a dyno tune.

With a bit of luck it'll be getting mapped fully in the new year. Still lots of little bits to finish and tidy up and a few more things to play with later. When its done i'll post up results

James
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Good God man How much bad luck have you had !!!
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I've had my fair share I guess. Nothing to major so have to be greatfull for that.

Oh forgot to say the lambda probe is goosed too so had no choice but to get the AEM on as tyhe stock ECU was causing splittering. Oh and one of my brand new AEM gauges packed up so had to buy a new one.

I may go a bit mad in the new year and get some graphics done. I'm a bit unsure as yet. It takes any car from nice looking car to a different box, and plonks it into the done up car gary-boy look. I think it would suit my car but I don't know if I would feel a plum driving it round. I get people looking and smirking now, probably beacuse of the big zorst. I considered changing it for something quieter but when i drive it it makes me smile.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Since you are not exactly subtle anyway I'd go for the graphics. :)
T
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I saw a blue one somewhere with chrome blingy grahics on that looked a bit :gayfight: so it made me unsure :-#
hicks

Post by hicks »

i personally wouldnt bother with the graphics myself.

as it is your car look almost factory, has a real supercar presence and i would imagine alot of people wouldnt see it as a modified toyota.

stick stickers all over it and it will scream modified ricer.

just my oppinion of course
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

hicks wrote:i personally wouldnt bother with the graphics myself.

as it is your car look almost factory, has a real supercar presence and i would imagine alot of people wouldnt see it as a modified toyota.

stick stickers all over it and it will scream modified ricer.

just my oppinion of course

Spot on Hicks. :thumleft:
Harry

Post by Harry »

Photoshop might be an idea to see just how graphics might look to consider? Personally think with out maybe? But still keep an open mind with some examples via photoshop will be cool to play with :+: Have you a current image? Really like the one on the first page!
C50

Post by C50 »

:shock: that boot mount ic is awesome! :clap:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Cheers

Just been reading through my posts and seen how long this has been, I must be mad!

Things are so close I have kind of chilled out now, its just a matter of time and the weather is not ideal for mapping at the moment.

Things should come together nicely after christmas. Got a few more bits going on currently and a few trick bits lined up.

Jim
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Just read through the topic, and all i can say is WOW. You certainly know your stuff mate.
Everything about the car looks great.
Whereabouts in Suffolk are you from?
I'll keep an eye out for you :wink:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

If you know where Sizewell Power Station is, very near to there, about 25mins North East of Ips.

Just ordered my thermocouple assemblies today so they should go on over the weekend.
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

Hi jim, not sure if we actually met..........i think i saw your car a few years ago at the pod.......apart from the rev5 TRD which now toni has ....and shafters rep......... and yours they were the only wide bodied two's i had seen in the flesh i was hooked on owning one myself.......if that was your car i saw at the pod WOW sure as come along way....i take my hat off to you :clap: your one hell of a craftman........ :thumleft:
well my time as come and my car is on its way...having two rears done one with the spoiler and one without...as i also like it without........
i would appreciate some of you knowledge and wisdom.on extending so tasteful mods on the car.......i do like the carbon pods under the car.......
is that for downforce..any more pictures of your car........why aint it in the mr2 only mag as yet........i cant wait to see the car again.........so when will you be showing it off.......and what meet may you attend this year....
what a car.......
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Any Joy on the mapping Jim ??

Return to “Project Cars”