k11cpc

Re: SW20 TSS Build

Post by k11cpc »

It's in Redline Mag this month issue 167 I think out end of this week.... :D

Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

\:D/
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
craig

Post by craig »

Looks fantastic, well done! :clap: :thumleft:
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

OK so today I decided to do a few bits to the car. First thing I did was swapped the inlet to the throttle body for one off a later revision as the rev1 inlet is like a funnel so restricts the flow of air:

I then decided to wrap the intercooler pipes as they are right above the manifold and were getting very hot....

After this I fitted my Carbotech pads.

The car is being corner weighted and a bia's valve fitted week after next. Just need to figure out what the noise is... Noticed there is a lot of oil in the intercooler pipe off the turbo....
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

I have a few more mods on the cards. I bought a carbon boot lid, carbon rear wing and some canards

I have yet to fit the boot lid and wing but I fitted the canards which really do work. Turn in there was loads more front end grip..

I have a few more upgrades to do over the coming months so will keep you all posted :D[/img]
peterjf

TSS

Post by peterjf »

Hi Chris
Good to see you are keeping the pressure on Adrian and Jonny. Mr2's are doing well in the TSS,unfortunately mine didn't quite survive it's off at Woodbridge in 2009 though its still active on track days.
Where did you get the canards from, are they MR2 specific or universal and can they be easily removed for road use.
Peter
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Looking good Chris! :thumleft:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Don't think I will be keeping pressure on them... things have moved on since you came to play as jonny has twin charged the GT4 with a massive turbo and a rotrax supercharger it's crazy fast and has got rid of all his turbo lag!!

The cannards are suposed to be MR2 specific however they fit my toms bumper too.. They only bolt on with two bolts a piece so would be easy to remove.

They came from here..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MR2-FRONT-BUMPER- ... %26itu%3DU

Mine are the same with carbon wrap and they really did help with turn in I had no under steer I was surprised they did so much..

My car is now booked in to get the suspension set up properly by an ex f1 engineer who set up Fernando Alonso's car. I'm going down the route of flat under body and getting the thing sat as low as possible so I can try and keep up without going big power. I need to get some harder springs tho as the super sports are great for the road but a little soft for racing..
craig

Post by craig »

Good developments mate. Love that carbon boot lid! =P~
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

I have done a little more to the car with regards to aero mod's see if I can get some more corner speed...

I fitted some canards to the front bumper

I then fitted a carbon boot lid and rear wing

Looks better than expected... Do I make longer legs tho???
craig

Post by craig »

:thumleft:

Nice work, I personally think the spoiler legs are spot on. How's the view out of back window?
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

View out the back is ok obviously its restricted but then this car spends 90% of its life on the track
craig

Post by craig »

k11cpc wrote:View out the back is ok obviously its restricted but then this car spends 90% of its life on the track

That was my thought :thumleft:

But I'd leave the spoiler legs as they are (imo of course :) )
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

OK so I got the suspension off the car and stripped down...

You can see the new springs are loads chunkier than the ones with the super sports which in my opinion are not stiff enough for some of the rougher TSS events as I really miss the firm ride of the TRD springs... (might just be my driving style)

Now the springs are changed over, welding is done to fix damage to front end and the bumper is preped, I will be painting the bumper next weekend then its finally off for corner weighting and then I can get to see if it performs well enough to beat christian and craig at the next round of TSS... Oh and Rogue if they come although I'm not holding my breath with that one hahhahahah More chance of Sh~#ing diamonds...
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Did a few more bits to the car after that certain garage damaged the front. I firstly re fitted the crash bar as the weight is so far forwards I think it will actually help with weight distribution and is actually almost the same weight I saved with the carbon boot.

Don't know why but felt I should rub down the rust on the crash bar and paint it....

I then sorted out the front bumper. I added some fibre glass to the damaged parts from the inside and then while I had the fibre glass out the bumper being a cheap copy did not fit properly as there were only half holes to attach to the wings so we used some metal brackets to support it last time but this time I decided to support it properly by adding more fibre glass and then drilling the holes properly..

I then shaped it so it would fit against the wing in the right place..

I then filled any cracks, rubbed down and then sprayed the bumper in my make shift spray booth otherwise known as a garage and some sheets... Not perfect but hey its my first attempt without decent equipment!!

Once this hardens off I will get it fitted back on the car with the new lights and the canards. The car is almost ready for corner weights :D Once this is done I'm not spending any more time on the car had enough now!!
kennym

lol

Post by kennym »

excelent work,..... but for some reason I find my focus been drawn t your rather dodgey choice of foot wear,..... thats just not on!!!
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Hey leave my oldman's dodgy footwear alone lol

I fitted the freshly painted bumper, fitted the new lights and some of the graphics. Once the other graphics are printed I will finish polishing the bumper and then add the canards.... the car is almost fixed again :D

Not long now till I'm back out on track.. can't wait 8)
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

And finally here she is finished again.... if any other garage decides they are going to crash my car then there is going to be big trouble!!

Can't wait till the next race now :D
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

OK for those who don't know my car keeps overheating and thanks to Adrian and Millner established at croft that it was the head gasket. Today I ripped apart the engine, everything is stripped down so will be getting the head skimmed this week and then put it all back together next weekend and hope all is ok for last round of TSS at Blyton.... Wish me luck!

Hope it goes well so I can enjoy the last round!!!
craig

Post by craig »

All the best with it mate :thumleft:

Return to “Project Cars”