New car, new project!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Shmed

Re: New car, new project!

Post by Shmed »

Thought about cashing it in a few times, but went on an Atom thrill day the other week, adnd it reminds me how much I want the car going. It's been off the road since August last year now :(

Are you just waiting for the map then? I've got to run mine int, then map it all next month...
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

As Spring closes in, so the car quest resumes. The engine is nearly finished (with a lot of help from a professional), just a few more pieces of charge cooler pipework to be fabricated and fluids to be added before the much anticipated/dreaded key turn.

Then it needs running in, mapping and then driving

\:D/

Hoping to be on track some time in March, maybe Oulton Park or Bedford Autodrome depending on cash flow.

It's been 18 months in the making so hopefully it'll be worth it.

Then I need to add a roll cage and fire system so I can get into the TSS!
January 2014

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

'Accidentally' bought another MR2 yesterday, and am debating what to do with it. I bought it because its a tin top and mine a t-bar. So, I'm thinking non road legal for this one, not sure whether to take the 400hp lump from the tbar and scrap it but for now I think I'm going to go for full weight loss and a few changes to the aero/cooling before I decide on the power plant.

I'd start a new thread, but apparently I'm not allowed (premium membership expired).
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
ashley

Post by ashley »

What happened to your original one?? Did you ever finish it?
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

It's 'finished' as much as a car like that us ever 'finished' ;)

I've tracked it a couple of times this year having got it to a nice and drivable 402hp, but never made it back to Ryan to try and eek out some more power.

It's Up on stands again at the mo as I just had all the calipers refurbed for the next track day hopefully in September.

I bought the new one because its tin top and was properly cheap, but not sure if I'm going to do anything with it.

How's yours now? I notice you're selling a turbo, does that mean is breaking, or just a change of direction?
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
ashley

Post by ashley »

Just tweaking things mate :wink:

Return to “Project Cars”