Post by Yas »

=P~ Loving the carbon, you're not messing around are ya :thumleft:
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
http://www.eshishaonline.com
lockys96

Re: The Tic Tac 500bhp build thread

Post by lockys96 »

yeh, seats are basically like new, you saved yourself like 600.

they are the best seats ive ever had, if you can fit in them
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

I'm certainly not yaz 8) with weight loss saving with the added advantage of it looks lush is a bonus so more carbon fibre to come :) you want to see what I have planned for it next ;)

locky I checked over them over and over I'm yet to see a thread loose on the pair of them :), and lucky for me I'm a skinny bean so I fit perfectly in them the lumbar support is spot on and they are so comfy I played forza in them the other nite and fell asleep lol.
I'm thinking I'm going to have to leave the passenger side standard as most of my friends are a bit large, and I checked the prices of the rails and seats incl import tax delivery etc and I made a saving of just under 1k wich is such a massive saving for what I got, big thanks to you dude and your bro is a top bloke his project deathwish is one of the best projects I have seen I'm off up to meet him sat to get some decent pics for his build thread :)
Last edited by GTS GAV on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Then give me the other one :oldtongue:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

:clap: :clap: was worth a try bud but i need it for a feature if i ever decide i want to let one go or if i ever come to break the car wich isnt likely but you never no i will drop you a pm first :thumleft:

Yas

Post by Yas »

I like your style 8) She's gonna be something special for sure. So whats next then? Go on spill it :oldtongue:
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

:sick: :sick: :sick: :-$ its top secret :wink: :mrgreen:

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Just a little update i was at japfest 2 the other week end and spotted the D1 GP spec stall so made a bee line for it lol, i rearlised the quick release i had looked a bit cheap with the anerdised blue and didn't match anythink, so picked up this little beauty jdm D1 polished ally quick release :D , im on a quest to change anythink that isnt jdm on the car and fit somethink that is, and worthy of the project 8)

i have also orderd a red anerdised D1 gear nob and red anerdised locking wheel nuts, so if anyone is after a set of 20 red open ended wheel nuts i have pictured on the thread pm me if your after some :thumleft:
Last edited by GTS GAV on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Well just got the phone call about an hour ago from the mappers to say everything is well, it finaly has a map, a few niggly bits to sort out wich is exspected with the amount of modifications its gone through but there all easy fixes so will crack on with them over the bank holiday, hopefully having it mot'd on the friday ready to pick up in the afternoon to get her run in as quick as pos so i can get the final map and fueling finished off for a few runs at the strip to set my self a bench mark for next year to say im happy is a massive massive understatement 12months of non stop swet blood tears and a hell of alot of $$$$ has finaly payed off, i cant wait to start fitting all the goodys i have accumulated in my room , i love it when a plan finaly comes together, it made 260bhp at 4000rpm at 0.6bar boost, the mapper at abbey motors was impressed with what it reached at that rpm and boost pressures and assured me its going to be insane when we increase the boost by a further 1.9bar :lol: lucky its a hub dyno :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by GTS GAV on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

I was up at serious performance yesterday as the car came back from mapping, i went up to fit all my new bits that have been arriving since its been at the mappers, the lads couldnt believe ther eyes when they saw the amount of carbon fibre and jdm goodys i brought through the door the had a field day haha

So i let them all unpack it and have a fiddle there was alot of oohh loook arrr whathaa, man thats niiceee, haha (were all a bunch of big kids arnt we lol) so i cracked on wirring up the last few gauges in (wideband and knock link) along with fitting all the carbon fibre panels with took an etternity to line up correctly but got there in there in the end, then i fitted the snap off boss, wrapped all the charge pipes in engine bay and boot, and gave it a good wash and wax it came up pritty well considering it hadnt been touched for 12monts or so, i was going to roll the arches and slam it on the teins hella flush styley but ate a kfc and had some beer and didnt get round to it so next jobs are lower it and roll the arches, fit the bucket seats and harnesses, fit the tow hooks fit the hks super dragger exhaust and alot of other things i have forgotten :)

Erlea on in the day we got it through it s mot and i took it for a drive to check all the vitals and make sure it was running rite and i was happy etc so took it round eastboune for a while wich has some brilliant B roads and was a nice sunny day, the car ran with out fault so was a good day alround :)

I took my decent camera up with me so heres some dent pics of the car and engine bay/boot pics of bits in progress and of the car after its had a good clean :)

New boot fitted along with filler panel between rear lights

heat wrapped charge pipes in engine bay and boot

Last edited by GTS GAV on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yas

Post by Yas »

Looking super dude :thumleft: Do us a favour, when you fit the front tow hook can you take some pics of where you bolt it on, i've got to do the same on mine as i've no access to the standard one since fitting the bomex front #-o

Keep up the good work fella =P~
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

thanks yas mate :D and no problems there going to have to be custom mounted but i have some ideas i will post you a detailed pic post on a how to dude :thumleft:

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

My bride fabric turned up today erly infact result, i have so much am seriously struggling to find place to use it on the car, i dont want to go to mental with it every were an ruin the effect but just enough to really look trick, so far im thinking the small fabric inserts on the door cards, gear stick gator and hand brake gator, i have been thinking maybe floor carpet, and roof linning. or centre middle console, ow i rearly dont no.

any idea any of you have post them up :thumbup:

This is the fabric

And maybe a Bride duvet cover and matching towel :lol:

Last edited by GTS GAV on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbiagioni

Tic Tac

Post by dbiagioni »

Looks amazing :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Looks awesome, but you know this already :oldtongue:

Should have kept the orange front indicators for full JDM :eye:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Thanks people i have so many crazy ideas for things i could use it for the house :lol:

I took a look at the inside of the 2 for ideas, and come up with some thing that will look awsome but tastefull, im sticking with doing the door card fabric inserts and have already started to pull apart my gear stick and handbrake gartors to start on them, but then i forgot about the rear carpet on the firewall :idea: :D , so im goin to take the carpet out witch take all of 5mins, lay the fabric over it with the bride logos going at a 75deg angle cut the bride fabric an inch over then stick with adhesive and sow a double stich in a sparkly silver :mrgreen:

fingers crossed it should look slick, i hope anyway lol

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Ren0W wrote:Looks awesome, but you know this already :oldtongue:

Should have kept the orange front indicators for full JDM :eye:

lol very true, im on the case :D

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

UPDATE TIME :mrgreen:

Well i have been abit slack recently as i have been enjoying as much of the good driving weather as possible before the car goes into storage for the winter.

But after finding myself broke after spending it all on fuel :lol: i had some free time to do some bits on the list, i was first going to attempt to fabricate my tow hooks on, but then saw the bride fabric on the shelf.

My fathers friend was ment to be popping over to have a look at some ideas i had for the interior, to see if they could be done etc.

But after he never turned up, i decided i would throw caution to the wind and have ago my self, this is something i have never tried or done before im more of an engine man :lol: , but i think the finished products turned out very well and im very very happy with them, as i was affraid it might look to much but fits in perfectly, i have done a short photo guide to help others out in the future, i hope you all like :thumleft:

I decided to deffantly go ahead with the fabric inserts in the door cards so off they came

with the door cards off i could locate the metal fixings i simply had to pull them out within 5mins both were off

now to peel the old fabric off, it was stuck on mighty well, you have to very carefull doing this as the fabric is stuck to a thin piece of tin sheet, you have to be carefull not to pull it out of shape, i dot this by soaking it in some white spirit for a while then sat it on my lap and slowly peeled the fabric off with my fingers while using my palms to hold the sheet into shape, after half an hour both were off with another quick wipe over with spirit i cleaned all the old glue and backing of the sheet ready for the new fabric to be stuck on so its even and unlumpy.

i then placed the sheet on the fabric and marked out roughly an inch larger than the insert

then i marked out the handle hole again rougly or very roughly in my case :lol: mark out a cm out

with both cut outtime to line up and stick them :)

I used vinle adhesive from B&Q its worked very well, i sprayed both the fabric and the surface with a good thick coat, then layed it in the desired place, you may need two of you to line it up perfectly (if you have symbols or lettering) and leave for a few mins to lets it go tacky but not to dry or crusty before you lay it on.

now the over trim, remember to light the edges that are frayed to stop them pulling the thread when you fold etc i first started with the handle hole, i snipped down the inside to help with folding it correctly the used a brish to lay on some more adhesive (same again with the outer edge) leave fore a few mins then stick, i then layerd some more adhesive over the flods and overtrim to really make it hold tight, and irl let the picture speak for them selves now :mrgreen:

Then leave it in the sun to dry and to help the toxic smell go away :eye:

Now time to fit them :D

Before and after

Both completed

With those completed and having so much fabric left over i decided again to just go for it and see what happens so out came the rear firewall carpet.

Before

After

Then came the fitting :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

these are the best shot i could get of the back i will take seats out when i fit my harneses and get better shot then :)

Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Dude that's seriously impressive, only just seen this thread but spent a long time reading every word :lol:

Love the attention to detail and your taste - exceptional :clap: :clap: :clap:

I may have to go crazy on my wheels now :mrgreen:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Leon. wrote:Dude that's seriously impressive, only just seen this thread but spent a long time reading every word :lol:

Love the attention to detail and your taste - exceptional :clap: :clap: :clap:

I may have to go crazy on my wheels now :mrgreen:

Thanks dude mucho apreated, alot of people say that i think its because the project threads dont get seen that often, i was thinking of asking the mods to move it to the members profiles now its finished but then i thort are you kidding yourself it will never been finished as i say its a NEP never ending project :lol: :lol:

But seriously tho dude thanks for posting your nice comments :thumleft:

haha i got the idea about the wheels from a 350z bdc drift car i saw it at lydden hill erly last year and fell inlove with the wheels and thort i have to take the risk, cant wait to fit my matching harnesses and orange roll cage will all tie in nicely then as at the moment there the only thing that are orange haha i thort the red anerdised wheel nuts tied in very well with the orange so have decided on a D1 spec red anerdised gear nob, some red aner valve caps and all the nuts and bolts in the engine bay are going red aner and all the samco blue hose is making way for some more samco hose but this time in a bright custom orange i picked out it matches the wheels spot on i think it should pritty good :)

what colour are you thinking do them neon orange or neon yellow or green ar i quit now irl be here allnite haha

Return to “Project Cars”