The Tic Tac 500bhp build thread

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2c8cya

Re: The Tic Tac 500bhp build thread

Post by mr2c8cya »

what have you used to get the air to the intercooler? is there a shroud underneath?
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

GTS GAV wrote::clap: :clap: that does looks spot on buddy, i wished you would have shown me this picture sooner would have done it the way lol, this was your old setup you say what bhp did you manage with that and what core was that you were using? have you any pics of your new setup have you gone chargecooler or stayed bootmount?

im hopping to get it get it mapped in the next month or so works hectic at the moment and simply dont have the time i would just drop it off but i want to be there to talk to dave about things i like to learn as much as poss, its going to be mapped at sumo power in rye its just up the road from me and there new facilatys are top notch :thumleft: pm you num irl drop you a call when its going to go down if you like dude

Ah i thought you was going to surrey RR for the mapping, was gonna suggest making a trio of it as i could do with going for a tweak and nick will be up for mapping soon too. Well i say old setup, basically i had it like that whilst i had the stock intake manifold on there, but when i got the phoenix power one i had to change the pipework around. I only made 376 bhp & 310 lbft on that setup but i was limited to the fuelling as that was at 96% on the 540's. No doubt it would have made just as much as its making now with the new intake and injectors but it would have been laggier and less responsive with the old intake.
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

mr2c8cya wrote:what have you used to get the air to the intercooler? is there a shroud underneath?

hey dude, the air isnt entering from the underneath its entering, into the boot via the side vents buddy, i have removed the rubbers on the inside of the vents and blocked them going into the engine bay, this will allow the air to pass over the inside of the arch into the boot with two spal fans pushing the air out the bottom, i bought the sidevents add ons to help grab that little bit more air to help :thumleft:
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

RYANR
[/quote]Ah i thought you was going to surrey RR for the mapping, was gonna suggest making a trio of it as i could do with going for a tweak and nick will be up for mapping soon too. Well i say old setup, basically i had it like that whilst i had the stock intake manifold on there, but when i got the phoenix power one i had to change the pipework around. I only made 376 bhp & 310 lbft on that setup but i was limited to the fuelling as that was at 96% on the 540's. No doubt it would have made just as much as its making now with the new intake and injectors but it would have been laggier and less responsive with the old intake.[/quote]

I was initially going to have the car mapped on surrey RR but after i went to sumo powers opening day and saw there facilities and setup its was outstanding, and is only half hour away from me so thought it would be rude not to,plus with the added bonus of untold amounts of parts on site with loads of my favourite hks goodys, i better not take my credit card lol, a friend of mine is currently trying to get a job there he went to see the manager to have an interview, he walked in to find 3 japeanse guys with nismo on there tops with the manger holding lap tops and talking tech while fiddling with there GT1 sumo power GTR, what i would do to have a job there it would be a privalige i would pay them lol.

Was there a noticable decreas in lag when you fitted the FP intake mani or did you fit your larger injector rail etc when you changed to the FP, as i said before i admire your intake mani, your the only bloke on the forum i have seen with one to date, i bet it set you back a fair few were did you find it? you no were to come when you want to sell it :)
what is the manufaturer of the intercooler are you running in that pic? is it the same one your using now?
whats you current spec at the moment dude i have kept upto date with were your at with it, hows it going all this sunshine makes me miss mine that little bit more weres the rain!! :lol:

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

heres a vid of the first start in almost a year of hard graft, its now gone to abbey motorsport to be dialed in, if you have a little sub with your pc speacers you can rearly here those hks cams working away 1.35min in :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdXd_YW_MU

SHES ALIVE...!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greeny

Post by greeny »

Gav, if your using the side vents to feed the boot, you should close and seal the 2x vents at the rear of the boot. This will help force more air through the intercooler instead of escaping through these vents.
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

alrite greeny, there was a thread recently on here that someone had posted wanting info on bmic'ers and noticed someone mention about these vents in the boot i had no idea they were even there lol, i noticed the pockets before but didnt rearlize they were vents inside, i have blocked both off now, but thanks for the heads up :thumleft:
Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

just waiting on the phone call from abbey motorsports letting me now when i can come pick it up fingers crossed i get it back for the week end :pray:

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

A box of goodys turned up today

2x 15ft reels of exhaust wrap from titanium its rearly exspensive stuff but looks much nicer that standard wrap, almost looks like kevlar at angles, i bought it for all the intake pipe work in the engine bay and boot, to prevent heat soak i think it will be a nice touch

2x tow hooks in red bent one will sit poking out from under the rear bumper front to go on the drivers side front bumper side vent

And a greddy numberplate holder i thort it was rather appropriate for the car :lol:

This is how it will look on the pipework :)

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

=P~ really nice m8, liking the new goodies :mrgreen:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Thanks dude I picked up some track rubber for her yesterday they cost a fortune but worth every penny and very hard to come buy I'm yet to find anyone that sells them I got them through a very special contact :), and you also have a very shiny item heading your way buddy ;)

reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

GTS GAV wrote:Thanks dude I picked up some track rubber for her yesterday they cost a fortune but worth every penny and very hard to come buy I'm yet to find anyone that sells them I got them through a very special contact :),
:mrgreen:
you have been busy gav :lol:
do you have any track days booked yet ?

GTS GAV wrote:and you also have a very shiny item heading your way buddy ;)
8-) can't wait m8 \:D/
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
deseroner

Post by deseroner »

hello, nice build where did you get the stainless bolt kit, I need some.
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

hi mate kellsport supply them buddy there on ebay :thumleft:

deseroner

Post by deseroner »

thanks buddy sent them a email.
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

no owrries dude glad i could help :)

I also picked up some very very hard to come buy track rubber federal RSR's R888 have nothing on these bad boys, you cant even buy them direct through federal only through sponsership, i got 8 of these as i may never be able to get hold of them again the cost nearly as much as my car when first bought but there the only way i will be able to get the power down notice were it ses traction AA FTW :thumleft:

Last edited by GTS GAV on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

I picked these up lastnite and think they go with the jdm theme nicley :), i have always wanted a pair of brides zeta 3's, so when simon/locky advertised them i ripped his arm off lol big thanks to him, i was expecting a bit of wear on them being secound hand but i can hounestly say they dont even look like they ever been sat in, the driftworks harnesses have been sold as it would be rude to not treat the brides to some takata harnesses keeping it jdm as fook :lol: , so they will be orderd first thing monday morning :mrgreen:

I have also orderd 5m of Bride fabric as pictured below to cover my door card fabric inserts,the roof linning, gear gator, and other bits an pieces.

yes i no im a jdm whore :mrgreen:

As i have basicly missed this season i have decided to put the car through another stage of developement over the autumn/winter, first up will be flocking the dash, then mocking up and fabrication of the titanium side exit exhaust that might be coming out the rear quater panel instead of the side vent, just like it was on the mr2 GT race spec mr2, Then perspex side windows incl small sides (as the rear screen is already perspex) with custom intakes on the little rear triangle windows feeding the intake with some carbon fibre doors an side skirts to try and bring the weight rite down and fit the carbon fibre front and rear splitters to hel with down force, im going to rent an arch roller/puller and get cracking on them to get it slammed with some camber to help with the traction, fit the rollcage with costom added frame work, fitting the water meth kit with custom all boot mounted ally tank with custom injectors in each runner as near to the head as possible for maximum efficiency, and may be a bottle of the gogo gas and a motec m800 ECU motec digi dash to finish it off, bring on 2011 8)

mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

yes i no im a jdm whore :mrgreen:

nothing wrong with that, they look awesome
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Damn ...

massive car
massive parts
massive everything !

:shaking2:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

haha thanks lads glad you both approve, well time for an update as i decide i wanted to rearly get the weight down i saw this little lot advertised on here so snapped it all up in the matter of mins of being advertised sorry guys i no im greedy :) big thanks to dave, cant weight to fit it all :lol:

Last edited by GTS GAV on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Project Cars”