500+BHP Project

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

megatart

Re: 500+BHP Project

Post by megatart »

Got it back. Made 454bhp. Apparently the limits of the stock manifold. Its getting loads of air in now. With just the rgue chargecooler replaced for an ebay special, it upped the power. Drives much nicer though. Gained 100ft/lb's of torque at 4500rpm too. But air cant get out quick enough now, so i'll need a tubular. Otherwise it goes really well. Pulls in every gear- 80-120 seems to take seconds in 5th!! Still gonna get a new manifold though maybe early new year. until then, this will do for me. Gonna fit my new coilovers and yellowstuff front pads tomorrow in prep for my track day in Nov. But loving the car now. :thumleft:
megatart

Post by megatart »

Chris

Post by Chris »

Nice figures mate. :clap: What boost you running? Just curious as I never did know how much power my old set up was running on a GT3076R.
megatart

Post by megatart »

Thats at 1.7bar, but its not making any more power apparently now cos of the manifold flow backing up. Feels good though
Chris

Post by Chris »

I thought V8 killer was running stock manifolds at 720bhp? Might be worth a look at his thread.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hi Trevor,

If the Radtec Chargecooler is out of the car now I'm more than happy to have it tested for you free of charge.

:thumleft:
megatart

Post by megatart »

Oh will look into the 720hp machine on stock manifold. Ryan sounds fairly sure mine is struggling now though. Cheers Patrick. Yeah its a bit easier to send it back now for testing. Was a pain before really without losing my warrantee. Will get it sent out this week hopefully. Cheers
megatart

Post by megatart »

Just had a look at V8Killers thread. From what i can gather he has the stock intake manifold, but cant tell about the exhaust, which is where my problem seems to be lying. He's got an awesome build though. Want mine like that. :oldtongue:
megatart

Post by megatart »

Finally got a manifold. Looks similar to the Full Race, but was from Nozzs.com. Looks nice and solid. All inside ports have been cleaned up well for flow, but could possibly still be improved further. Will chat to James about it when i next go down. With my new Berk exhaust, i'm hoping for a bit more power!! Ryan- i'll be in touch soon.
Last edited by megatart on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

that manifold is a work of art!!

very neat welds! :thumleft:
2003 Leon Cupra R, stage 2 Jabbasport remap to 280bhp

MR2 now sold :(
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

hey buddy good thread have you fitted your exhaust yet?
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
megatart

Post by megatart »

Yeah i fitted the exhaust the other day. A right pain to get my old departure off, but a doddle to fit the new Berk. The backbox flange is actually accesible, whereas the departure flange sat right above the rear crossmember. All seems good. Sounds very similar to my departure, but without the cracks in it. Seems to pop a bit more too which i don't mind. Will get manifold fitted soon hopefully, and then remap time.
indigo

Manifold

Post by indigo »

Manifold looks great - going to get one of these myself - wondering what the effect it will have on the car am presuming that it will relive back pressure and allow the turbo to spool up faster -
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

megatart wrote:Just had a look at V8Killers thread. From what i can gather he has the stock intake manifold, but cant tell about the exhaust, which is where my problem seems to be lying. He's got an awesome build though. Want mine like that. :oldtongue:

Cheers Mate 8)
M5
deseroner

Post by deseroner »

hey I almost got that one looks sexy anyway I got the race type from nozzs also, Image
megatart

Post by megatart »

Very nice. They are pretty good by looks of it ain't they? Guess time will tell. Mines still not fitted yet cos i've not had chance. Gotta sort my emissions first now to get through retest on MOT. Is yours fitted mate?
deseroner

Post by deseroner »

not yet but already had everything else figure out , re did ,y downpipe and dumppipe, engine is at my builder at the moment, going full stroker also,5sfe knife edge crank,cp stroker pistons,eagle rods,gen 4 caldina block.
megatart

Post by megatart »

Update: Had manifold fitted and it had many probs. All pipework needed refabricating around about. Chargecooler needed moving out of thw way as the manifold had moved the turbo and wastegate. Then had warped flanges. Then once all was done and fitted, it wouldnt flow well. In meantime my Gt3076r was declared u/s and was replaced with a nice new GT3582r. On removal of manifold it was found to be cracking already and discoloured where it was restricting flow. So Manifold wise, i have opted now for a KORacing manifold and am awaiting delivery. then, touch wood, all will map nicely. Also had an an aftermarket thermostatically controlled oil cooler and relocation kit fitted. Not sure what make.
Will keep you posted on results.
dawesy

Post by dawesy »

i have reached 470bhp on stock manifolds and 2.5" DP with an IHI RX6 turbo.
manifold looks nice, how bad are the cracks and was it supported?
megatart

Post by megatart »

Not sure how bad the cracks were or where they were. and it wasnt supported. But still. A couple of weeks of short drives and a couple of rolling roads shouldnt have done it. As the rest of my build seems good for over 500hp, the stock manifold, was deemed the weak point. especially now ive got the bigger turbo too. Anyway, still awaiting my KO one.

Return to “Project Cars”