[Mk2] [Generic] Finished!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

[Mk2] [Generic] Finished!

Post by HighwayStar »

As some may know I got the 2 back on the road in December and this week finally got round to putting the final 'old' bits from my '89 UK rev1 n/a gt-bar that I drove for 17 years onto this '91 UK rev1 n/a t-bar that so far I've driven for 5.

Refurbished with new parts from Rogue they've just passed the MOT light test so should be all good when the real thing rolls around.

Oh, and it's had some oil seals and a new sump and I've treated the leather recently so it's all ready for summer now.

https://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.ph ... ba496e4af0

Edit: Ah! Posted a link rather than the image itself which was my aim. Can someone remind me how to do it please?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Finished!

Post by Ryan S »

That's looking fantastic mate!! Yeah you need to upload to flickr or imgur (since photobucket is done for)

Hit the IMG button...paste the URL link then hit the IMG button again.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Thanks Ryan.

Amazing what a new coat of paint can do with a little bling!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

HighwayStar wrote:Thanks Ryan.

Amazing what a new coat of paint can do with a little bling!

Looks extremely clean! Is it a turbo? I can't remember if you'd taken the plunge or not!
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

No still n/a.

Makes more sense as a daily driver and it's the same fun in the corners.

Indeed this is 22 years of a rev1 n/a as a daily driver over the two cars and I love the directness of the rev1 set up. I've got all new oem Toyota front suspension with TRD top mounts and swapped in the polybushed suspension arms from my old car.

With the (IMO) perfect tyre/wheel width and offset combo and the best (again IMO) geometry (I use Dino's figures) and TRD strut mounts front and back I never miss an apex.

Rev3 brakes with braided lines under the 15" wheels as per the old car too so it stops that little bit better.

Other than that the lights and the Rev2 splitter it's standard... Factory stereo and t-bar bags, tool kit etc. I'm the second owner (Eddie kept it really well) and it's just turned 80,000 this week too. FSH and I've all the MOTs.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

sounds great man! My very first Mr2 was a rev1 and I loved the original snap oversteer setup!
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Well with a little more rear rubber than the standard rev1 (I have a 20mm f-r tyre difference) and using Dino's suspension geometry settings (somewhere between a rev1 and rev3 set up although I can't recall exactly where the differences lie now) to be honest there's not much 'snap' there .... so long as you're quick and accurate with inputs and don't jump off the throttle in a panic.

I love the lack of PAS, ABS, TRC and all the rest.

For a brief period 6 mths ago I had a modern Golf as a company car and it drove me nuts with it's warnings, bells and lights it felt like a company representative standing over me tutting all the time. What personality there was was that of a school teacher.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mine was the same! I really thing the snap oversteer was hugely exaggerated by the press! Having said that I've seen some idiotic crashes by new owners even in rev3+ cars.

Return to “Modifications”