[Mk2] [Turbo] Top feed injector options - Enlighten me

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Danbob

[Mk2] [Turbo] Top feed injector options - Enlighten me

Post by Danbob »

Hello all, I've now secured a top feed fuel rail, and have been looking at the 11mm top feed options.

Unfortunately I can't find a lot of info on what is commonly used on 3SGTE's around the internet.

I was hoping that by switching to top feed there would be some good reliable and fairly cheap OEM options around, I'm only looking in the 650-850CC range for what I need.

My preference is to buy something from a genuine OEM supplier, Delphi, Denso, Bosch etc. rather than something shiney and aftermarket which could be chinese knockoff parts underneath.

What is the common route? - At the moment I'm looking at some parts designed for 4g63 engines, they seem about the right size and 850cc Delphi parts available for them.

What are the common options?

I don't have any lower injector collars with my rail, will have to buy or make some, so that can be addressed once I have the injectors. I assume there are no top feeds existing which will direct fit to the Gen 3 head, but if there are please let me know.

Thanks
Dan
fastasfkk

injectors

Post by fastasfkk »

depends on your power you can get 850s in rev3 rail with std fpr
Danbob

Re: injectors

Post by Danbob »

fastasfkk wrote:depends on your power you can get 850s in rev3 rail with std fpr

I'm asking about top feed injectors though

I've found some Delphi Rochester 850cc injectors for an Evo which should suit, price was worth taking a gamble on them

Still interested to here if somebody has answers to the original questions though
androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Top feed injector options - Enlighten me

Post by androo007 »

Common option is for the stock fuel rail up to 850cc. No real point going top feed unless you're going up to the ID range.

That genuinly is the 'norm'. Piecing together injectors as you describe wasn't done really. Not saying it's not possible, but usually finantially not worth it.

Not that i'd buy from these knobs but it gives you an idea:

https://www.fensport.co.uk/products/fue ... 6706560113
blogsy

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Top feed injector options - Enlighten me

Post by blogsy »

V :evil:

Return to “Modifications”