[Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo hoses

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AdsMr23sge

[Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo hoses

Post by AdsMr23sge »

I have a rev 2 turbo and I'm thinking of upgrading some hoses to silicone is it a worthwhile mod?

What his kits would be best ?

Thinking turbo hose kit
The hose from afm to the turbo

Coolant hoses

Also I'll be upgrading to a ct20b turbo so will the hoses for a rev 2 still fit if I change the turbo or will I have to buy rev3 plus hoses
Pauln

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo hoses

Post by Pauln »

The hose from the AFM to the turbo will restrict your choice of supplier as most seem to only stock the later rev3+ hoses.

I replaced all the others on my rev2 with hoses from sfs who were really helpful.

But unfortunately they couldn't supply the rev2 hose between the afm and turbo which has the extra outlet pipe, so that's still stock at the moment.

As I had an aftermarket IC I went for the option of a longer hose from the out side of the turbo to the IC. primarily to increase flexibility in the hope that less vibration would be transferred to the IC, as some of the cheap ones are prone to bracket failure. So far it seems to have worked.

Paul

The previous owner claimed to have replaced the turbo with the later rev3 ct20b using the stock rev2 hose, so I suspect they are interchangeable other than the additional outlet on the rev2.

But hopefully someone who's actually done the ct20b upgrade will be able to confirm that.

I think Samco can supply the correct rev2 turbo hose.
AdsMr23sge

Post by AdsMr23sge »

Thank you for you reply but firstly what a lovely looking engine bay that is ,I'm trying to go for the same sort of look , I've just rubbed down and resprayed my original cross brace , now it's time for some silicone hoses !

I've found a rev1/2 induction hose on mr2 ben?

What kit would I need from sfs? Do they do a ancillary kit ? If you could point me in the right direction that would be great

Cheers
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

To be honest I didn't buy a kit as such and simply measured up what I was after and talked it through with them on the phone as the range of kits on their website was a bit limited, and in many cases you just need to Know the length and internal diameter and what degree bends will do the job.

Their website unfortunately looks as though it's not been updated for a while, SFS and of course they may not be operating during the lock down.

It was a while ago when I replaced the hoses, but if you want I could have a rummage around and see if I've still got any of the paperwork.

One thing to bear in mind is the different types of hose. A mistake I made was to use vacuum hose on the engine vents, and I think I should have used the oil resistant type in that location.

Paul

Return to “Modifications”