[Mk2] [NA] Dose a MR-S LSD fit into a MK2 NA gearbox?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Thebradlz

[Mk2] [NA] Dose a MR-S LSD fit into a MK2 NA gearbox?

Post by Thebradlz »

Hi there folks! As far as I know the driveshafts fit in the diff but as for it fitting into the gearbox I'm not sure. Only heard of it fitting. I've done a lot of research on the topic but haven't seen anyone try it.
Cheers for any reply's!
Martin42006

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Dose a MR-S LSD fit into a MK2 NA gearbox?

Post by Martin42006 »

Got a mk3 lsd in my S54 (mk2 NA) gearbox, it fits perfect along with a full Avensis gearset which has a higher final drive and longer 5th.
Paul woods did the gearbox build for me as i didnt have the right gear for setting the diff preload.
Pretty sure the MR-S didnt come with an lsd though. I heard it was only the uk mk3's that came with them.
Thebradlz

Post by Thebradlz »

Martin42006 wrote:Got a mk3 lsd in my S54 (mk2 NA) gearbox, it fits perfect along with a full Avensis gearset which has a higher final drive and longer 5th.
Paul woods did the gearbox build for me as i didnt have the right gear for setting the diff preload.
Pretty sure the MR-S didnt come with an lsd though. I heard it was only the uk mk3's that came with them.

Thanks for the reply!
I'll do a bit of research on the final drive. You wouldn't happen to know the gearbox code from the Avensis you used?
I found a couple of guys on youtube put one in with no other changes to the box but then a again they didn't say anything about how it was working.
Martin42006

Post by Martin42006 »

Cant remember the box code but looking back on the listing it was advertised as
2000 TOYOTA AVENSIS TD 2C-TE 2.0 DIESEL 5 SPEED MANUAL GEARBOX

If you want a box to last then yes you will need to reset the preload.
Your best bet is to speak to Paul, its his mod and he knows alot more about it than i do.

Return to “Modifications”