gauging interest for greddy gracer skirts

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alan_uk

gauging interest for greddy gracer skirts

Post by alan_uk »

Hi guys since ive been struggling my a$$ off trying to source even a damaged pair of these without success i have been speaking to a company called glass fibre products,

they have been producing some great fitting and quality body parts for the mr2 lately including these 2 piece bomex + sfront splitters for £160 posted

the owner of the company has said if a pair of good fitting skirts could be loaned to him with the promise of return un-damaged once the mould has been made, then he would produce these in a black or white gel coat finish with a guaranteed direct fit,

they are more than willing to do discounts on lots of 5,10,15 and so on offering discounts on the more sold as per

the guy is going to get back to me with costs and discount amounts applied to each lot,

my question is now does anyone have a pair of these skirts that fit well enough to take a mould from that is willing to help out so that these can finally be made and available

thanks all

:thumleft:
alan_uk

Re: gauging interest for greddy gracer skirts

Post by alan_uk »

just had a reply saying

i could do that kind of deal once molds are made no worries 5 plus 10% i would be closer to 13% for orders over 10 though but to make the molds i would need definite orders and part payments before hand has molds are going cost a lot

this was on the cost of Pricing will be,

£135 for a pair of skirts.
Dod

Post by Dod »

I can vouch for the quality of product from alan guys ive bought a few things from him through fb ..Top Notch :thumleft: , Count me in for a set mate :thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Good stuff

1. alan_uk
2. Dod

Come on guys we only need 5 but also and more importantly a doner pair of skirts.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

I've also been talking to this glass fibre guy on fb. He seems to knows his stuff. He is based in the Midlands. The only prob I have is he only sells on fb and doesn't have a webpage however he did give me a mobile number (though this isn't worth much).

Alan - have you had any other dealings with him.apart from fb messages? Obviously would like.to know a bit more.before.parting money.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

me personally no mate

and i understand were your coming from but i do know a lot of people who have used him with no problems

and aslong as we all pay via paypal for goods which it will be then we are all covered anyway :D
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

I have had a few items now from Nigel he's a genuine chap and sticks to his word.
I highly recommend him...
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

thanks mate

come on guys the amount of times someone has tried to get greddy skirts made this is a genuine chance were we wont be let down when it comes to sticking to there side of the promise, like the many times in the past
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

anyone else interested in this ?

its a very rare chance to get a set of these skirts for a great price guys come on
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Go on then, any idea on time frame?
Rassiel

Post by Rassiel »

Hi, i would be interesed, but is the price posted, and if not where are they coming from. Thanks.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

hi guys i have made a deal with Mr.two who is going to give me his damaged genuine greddy skirts im going to repair them at work and send them to glass fibre products to use for the mold this all in will take around 3-4 weeks

then they will be made which will take roughly a week they are based in uk ill get a location from the guy :)

im sure the price is inclusive of postage but i may be wrong so i will also find that out too :thumleft:
mattm117

Post by mattm117 »

Put me down for a set as well.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

alan_uk wrote:hi guys i have made a deal with Mr.two who is going to give me his damaged genuine greddy skirts im going to repair them at work and send them to glass fibre products to use for the mold this all in will take around 3-4 weeks

then they will be made which will take roughly a week they are based in uk ill get a location from the guy :)

im sure the price is inclusive of postage but i may be wrong so i will also find that out too :thumleft:

I assume you will be test fitting mr two's skirts on your car once you repair them? If so can you post pictures so we can see the fit of them?
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

I will mate and of course they are genuine though so shouldnt be any problems at all
ps2159

Post by ps2159 »

Hi Alan, been tempted to try and get some of these for a while now so please add me too.
Thanks,
Pete
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

no problem mate
courier ir being arranged at the weekend to collect mr.two's skirts and i will keep everyone informed and up to date

a deposit will be needed at the start before the mold is made to cover this just incase :D
Rassiel

Post by Rassiel »

Any update on this?
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Think same thing as usual has happend gone down the pan

Guy is really busy with parts and will be for at least 4 month and the skirts i was going to buy i dont have the time at work to repair them send them off and wait for 4 month+ to get a pair back to fit so ive just left it

Really sorry to everyone involved as always a case of wishfull thinking
ps2159

Post by ps2159 »

Dagnamit, ah well thanks for giving it a go Alan.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”