[All] [Generic] Group Buy - Meister R Coilovers.

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

androo007

Re: [All] [Generic] Group Buy - Meister R Coilovers.

Post by androo007 »

Yep so I'm working on another source to get them cheaper. I based my comment from the reaction of you tight arses :)
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

possibly interested. price dependent.
Rassiel

Post by Rassiel »

Im also interesed. :clap:
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

Just an update to this thread.
If everyone interested are willing to order, then we are pretty much guarantee to hit the £615 delivered mark (just need another owner to join).

1. RikH77
2. Ocean123
3. mr2magic
4. dan mkii

----- £653 -----

5. juliankv73 (dad)
6. Dod
7. androo007
8. shane34
9. Rassiel

----- £615 -----

seanred

Post by seanred »

1. RikH77
2. Ocean123
3. mr2magic
4. dan mkii

----- £653 -----

5. juliankv73 (dad)
6. Dod
7. androo007
8. shane34
9. Rassiel

----- £615 -----

10.seanred
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for showing so much interest. Right we will run this offer now. You get 20% off as per the previous threads brings it to £615.20. We have 9 in stock which we can offer to the first 9 people on the list. We are ordering more in but it will be 10-12 weeks.

For the first 9 on the list please make your order using code IMOCGB20 on our website http://www.cyberspeeds.com/index.php?ma ... cts_id=317
Please put your forum name down in the notes section. Also post on the list here that you have paid, this will inform others too.

---

For those willing to wait, place your order using the code and we will put you on the back order. Alternatively we will issue a code/link to take a deposit (£100) in a few weeks time to secure your discount.

We aim to run this GB until stock arrives and will keep updating with the final date. So people can take advantage of the GB.

Many thanks,

Edwin
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

Willing to wait so if someone wants to take my spot as one of the first 9 go for it
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Just three questions:

1) Are droplinks included? On the site they are...but not adjustable??
2) Is the spanner/key included?
3) Can one also order the anti-rust spray?
ashley

Post by ashley »

Edit- don't worry, changed my mind
Last edited by ashley on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

@ meister

I have has a set of these coilovers on my car for a few years now,

Very nice ride buttttttttt

I've had a few issues with mine, powder coating peeling off less than 12month old , drop link brackets bending , collars seizing even if coated in marine anti sieze grease

I called the uk dealer to be advised that you don't cover the powder coating or excessive corrosion.
And they recommend to change my meister springs to another manufacture that's they also sell but with better powder coating, in yellow instead of red,

What sort of grantee are you offering on the coilovers
ashley

Post by ashley »

Leakie Tbar wrote:@ meister

I have has a set of these coilovers on my car for a few years now,

Very nice ride buttttttttt

I've had a few issues with mine, powder coating peeling off less than 12month old , drop link brackets bending , collars seizing even if coated in marine anti sieze grease

I called the uk dealer to be advised that you don't cover the powder coating or excessive corrosion.
And they recommend to change my meister springs to another manufacture that's they also sell but with better powder coating, in yellow instead of red,

What sort of grantee are you offering on the coilovers

Rob85 wrote:Meisters will feel very much like all of the Taiwanese coilovers, since they're pretty much all produced by Taiwan Bor-Chuann (bc racing) if you've got enough money for a trade account they'll make you "your" coilovers in any colour combo, spring rate etc and pop them in a shipping container for you.

Meister spec pretty soft springs, which is why they're "comfortable". They're by no means a bad product, but no different to BC etc.

Doesn't sound good :-k
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Ive seen the corrosion and flaking on numeous brands of coilovers that ranged from cheap to alot of money. The hks ones on my brother in laws skyline where awful, the top mounts and spring platforms corroded terribly, the platforms seized and had to be cut off.

Ive seen rough teins and ohlins aswell. I think alot of it is down to how there looked after, you often see them with dirt and grit in the threads and instead of cleaning them off before adjusting the spring platfoms people just yank them round which takes the anodising/paint off the platforms allowing corrosion to start.

There not pretty but shock covers are worthwhile on a road car used all year round
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Rob85 wrote:Meisters will feel very much like all of the Taiwanese coilovers, since they're pretty much all produced by Taiwan Bor-Chuann (bc racing) if you've got enough money for a trade account they'll make you "your" coilovers in any colour combo, spring rate etc and pop them in a shipping container for you.

Meister spec pretty soft springs, which is why they're "comfortable". They're by no means a bad product, but no different to BC etc.

Wait what!?? I thought these were designed and made in the UK!? Don't tell me they're just bc's with a different badge.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

mr2magic wrote:

Wait what!?? I thought these were designed and made in the UK!? Don't tell me they're just bc's with a different badge.

sorry.. but it's true.

but very little is designed and produced over here. china makes pretty much everything now. from the iPhone in your pocket, the laptop I'm writing this on, your sofa (assuming it's from DFS, SCS, sofaworks, etc) your fridge, freezer, tv, xbox etc etc.

they can and do produce very high quality goods, very poor quality good and everything in between.

but yeah BC are the main producer of coilovers - they even produce them for Blitz. hsd's are made in korea though.

please note i'm not trying to put people off, there's no reason not to buy the Meister R coilovers, assuming you're happy with the price, aftersales support and they match your requirements for spring rates etc. they'll be as well built as anything else in the same £700-ish price range.
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

No suspension should look like they've been rolling round on the sea bed with sponge bob for 10 year, when they starting looking like a mother xxxxx less than 12month old and used in dry conditions only,
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

thomp1983 wrote:Ive seen rough teins and ohlins aswell. I think alot of it is down to how there looked after, you often see them with dirt and grit in the threads and instead of cleaning them off before adjusting the spring platfoms people just yank them round which takes the anodising/paint off the platforms allowing corrosion to start.

There not pretty but shock covers are worthwhile on a road car used all year round

Would fitting Coilover socks work? Or are these a gimick....

:-k :scratch:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

they should help keep crap off the threads, but i'd still just thoroughly grease them up and treat as a 6 monthly maintenance item to jack it up, clean them off and re grease them.

you could also use a self amalgamating tape over the unused threaded section which would so the same as the socks but look better.

as for powder coat coming off the springs, there's nothing you can do to prevent that, other than improve the quality of the coating.
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

Right, I see a few concern pop up so let me clarify a few things:

1. Springs paint flaking:
As springs is a moving exposed metal part, the powder coating on it can flake off after pro-long use.
This does not inhibit the function of the springs, and should anything happen that would hinder the function of the springs (such as cracks), we will replace the springs no question asked and will even extend this offer outside of the warranty period.
However, we haven't had any report of a crack / snap springs in the 6 years that we have been running.

While aesthetic generally isn't covered, we will look at the springs on a case by case basis within the 1 year of warranty period.

Alternatively, we can provide Eibach ERS springs as an upgrade, and they generally last a lot better.
But Eibach do not provide warranty on aesthetic either, and with 4 springs costing £300 alone, you sort of expect the quality.

2. Suspension Specification:
MeisterR design our own specification.
So while on the outside it may look similar to other suspension, look at the inside and it will be different.
Stick a MeisterR damper on the damper dyno, you will see a different cracking pressure and different curve to other dampers.

If all suspension are the same, why do you hear time and time again that MeisterR ride a bit nicer than the BC / D2 / HSD / etc, but rarely the other way around? :)
Do a google search and you will probably find this with Starlet Turbo, MX5, etc.
The specification of the suspension is what makes a difference between a good quality suspension and a bad one assuming the "raw material" are done to a good tolerance.

There is a huge difference between being able to build something, and knowing how to build something.
MeisterR is the latter rather than the former.

3. Coilovers Sock:
In our experience the soft coilovers sock don't really do much as a long term solution.
They can rip in operation, and its possible to "trap" moisture in and actually make things worst.

On the GT1, we designed a custom moulded cover to go over the springs.
At ride height, it will cover the springs and the piston rod.
This cover is made of an harden material designed to take impact, so it will protect the damper shaft from small object that can score the shaft and prolong the damper service life.
The open bottom end also mean it will allow moisture to drain so it won't trap any with the suspension.
We have used this on rally cars for years.

This printed cover is standard an all GT1 coilovers, and we do have some blank one available for purchase for owner of Zeta-R
They are £25 each, but this is a custom made solution designed specifically for a function, and not a cheap piece of fabric held together with velcro and cable tie.

This is a picture of a GT1 for a Toyota GT86, so you can get a idea of what the cover looks like.

I hope this answer a few questions.

Jerrick
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Is the GT1 available for the sw20?!
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

juliankv73 wrote:Is the GT1 available for the sw20?!

Yes, the GT1 is a custom build unit and is available for all model that MeisterR cater for.
So if you want a GT1 for a SW20, it is something we can do. :)

The GT1 are design to compete with the likes of Ohlins DFV, so it is the top end of the market.
Fully engineered, CNC machined internal, and hand build in the UK, they are one of the best 1-way adjustable suspension on the market.

They are not cheap at £1650 a set, but you will not find a better suspension for less money.
They also carry a lifetime warranty on the damper, because it is designed not to fail.
So you can take it to track every weekend, and we will rebuild the damper free of charge if it fail after 5 years providing there is no physical damage (such as a bent or scored shaft)

Jerrick

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”