Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gtech

Re: Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Post by gtech »

I appreciate that, next time I will include these, there is also some other bits about the system I would change to make life easier for users, but you learn these things as you go along.

Thanks again

Graeme

toxo wrote:You can get the connectors for the fans here: http://www.rawcomponents.co.uk/connecto ... -plug.html (N.B. I was ordering about £30 worth of stuff from them, no idea what their postage charge is on 90p's worth of kit)

Graeme, if you do another group buy it might be worth including them? At 90p a set I think it's a no brainer! Admittedly you'd get both male and female connectors in there, and there's already a connector on the fans so you'd end up throwing a bit away, but it would still make life easier for the end user as they don't have to chop up their fans (is there a warranty from the original supplier on the fans?)?
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Tiny wrote:4. dont skimp on the wire i did a current draw test and its drawing 26AMPS! so we used 27amp wire from halfords £2.49 for 2 meters

I had a thought about that... if you're using 27amp wire, your 30amp fuse will never blow if there's a short and the wire gets grounded.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

For those of you with chargecoolers who have ditched the stock intercooler fan, try this...

Bridge the 2 pins that would normally connect to the stock fan together with a 3W 3ohm resistor. This will stop your engine bay warning light from coming on with the fan disconnected.

Connect pin 85 on the fan lid relay to ignition live, and 86 to pin2 of the intercooler fan's relay socket (remove stock relay), in the engine bay fusebox. Do the rest of your wiring like normal.

This should result in you having your engine lid fans controlled by the standard engine bay temp sensor.

Unfortunately due to the power draw of these fans you can't just reuse the power wiring from the stock intercooler fan - when the fan ECU sees the power draw shooting up it assumes the stock fan is faulty and cuts power to it.

Note, by doing this you will no longer receive a warning light if your engine bay fans fail (although you would never have received one if the engine lid fans fail anyway).

Edit: erm, this also requires you to have reattached the temperature sensor to the engine lid. And is also meant so that you can return your car to stock (no cutting of wires!)
Last edited by toxo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Top Man there :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
gtech

Post by gtech »

If anyone is interested, I do have a couple of spare sets going ???? same pricing structure applies as group buy.

Thanks

Graeme
irish_dan

Post by irish_dan »

Anyone interested should definitely take Graeme up on this offer. It's an absolutely cracking bit of kit and I've noticed a big drop in engine bay temperature. You can feel the heat being thrown out when you get into the car! :D
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Where has everyone fed there wires out from? As there is no hole for the wires to come out?
gtech

Post by gtech »

Gaz! wrote:Where has everyone fed there wires out from? As there is no hole for the wires to come out?

Hi Gaz,

Well personally I drilled a hole in the Right corner as you look at the lid, down by the bracket, you will see a bit where it looks as though it goes through. I carefully drilled a hole through there and out down the corner.

HTH

Graeme
Dan88

Post by Dan88 »

Has anyone got any pictures of the unit fitted to the car yet?
gtech

Post by gtech »

At the moment I THINK there is only the one's I did although I know most of the others have theirs now fitted and running.

Graeme
irish_dan

Post by irish_dan »

Have mine fitted and running. Will get some pictures when the weather improves and I have time to clean it. The fans themselves have stopped working though. Would it have anything to do with the rain? I suspect its a loose connection somewhere so next time I have a chance I'll look for it. Hopefully something silly.
gtech

Post by gtech »

irish_dan wrote:Have mine fitted and running. Will get some pictures when the weather improves and I have time to clean it. The fans themselves have stopped working though. Would it have anything to do with the rain? I suspect its a loose connection somewhere so next time I have a chance I'll look for it. Hopefully something silly.

Likely to be a dodgy connection somewhere along the line, also check the connections on the relay and the fuse.

Keep me posted.

Graeme
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

I can't see it now but I think I saw that there were some of these going spare.

If that's the case then I may well be interested in a kit. Reading through it seems to be £210 delivered.
Are there still any available and if so is that the right price?

Wingers
Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

i'm interested to,any spare then let me know
gtech

Post by gtech »

Just want to bump this up as I have a few left over from failed orders.

If anyone fancies some superb quality bling that serves a purpose then please give me a shout.......you wont be sorry ;-)
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Finally got mine installed and up and running just thought i would post a few pics.
Dan88

Post by Dan88 »

looking sweet mate, 100% individual for you as well with the cut out writing on it 8)
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Some pics of mine all installed.

So much quieter than my old 10'' single straight fin and moves so much more air! :thumleft:
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

Will this fit under a F355 engine Lid? :whistle:
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

@GTech: is it too late to buy one? :pray:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”