Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gtech

Re: Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Post by gtech »

If anyone is interested, I am just getting a new batch of the shrouds done and will be selling these to anyone who wants to add their own fans.

I was asked this last time as some people already had 10" fans available to them, OR, wanted to use a different type.

Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

hey mate is there to make a edition for the f355 hood?i could send you mine ;-)
greetings
daniel
gtech

Post by gtech »

Daemonslayer wrote:hey mate is there to make a edition for the f355 hood?i could send you mine ;-)
greetings
daniel

I'll give anything a go if it helps out, obviously not going to be in as much demand, but that wont matter ;-)
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Hi Graeme,

Got an N/A so not too bothered about the fans but ITS SO SHINEY. Is it possible to just have the polished sheet with some straight line vents added and what cost roughly please.

Any chance you'll be trying your hand at some polished firewall heat shield replacements too???

Cheers

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.
gtech

Post by gtech »

marcnoonan wrote:Hi Graeme,

Got an N/A so not too bothered about the fans but ITS SO SHINEY. Is it possible to just have the polished sheet with some straight line vents added and what cost roughly please.

Any chance you'll be trying your hand at some polished firewall heat shield replacements too???

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc,

I think the NA undershield is a problem in that it does'nt come off, which is why nobody has ever bothered to do anything. The better option, and I can oblige with the shield, is to go Tubby Engine cover, which I think looks better anyway, and then have the plain "Bling" shield with your bespoke cut-outs or whatever you want.

I thought about the firewall heatshields and then decided against it, BECAUSE, I have a friend who powder coats, I took him a set of shields that I had which were really really bad. 4 days later they looked like brand new and were a nice gold colour.....Obviously he can do any colour you like, incl matt black heat stuff which he does to downpipes and exhausts.

It retains the orginal shape of the shields and does look fantastic.
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the quick response.

slight problem with the Tubby lid on two counts.

1. I've sold mine and the courier's just picked it up
2. Can't use one anyway with the engine cover I have
So I think I'm going to have to get the angle grinder out.

Do you have a guestimate for just the shroud please?

Had a powder coater when I was restoring alloys and I don't like the finish at all TBH but I'm a polished/chrome freak so anything that gives a matt impression isn't for me. Got one of poohbears manifold covers which is pretty angular so I'm hoping someone makes one, one day.

Cheers

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Just to let everyone know, I have another batch of 6 now available and will hold the same price, after this lot I wont be doing anymore, just keeps them a bit special.

Still supplied with the top notch Spal fan, and if it helps anyone, I will be travelling from the North East down to Bristol area in about 3 weeks, after that there will be regular trips down to Oxford area, Norfolk, Suffolk and all the way up to Inverness, so would'nt have any issues meeting up with some of you for a cuppa and a chat.

Graeme
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

gtech wrote:

Hi Marc,

I can oblige with the shield,

What price please Graeme?

Cheers

Marc
gtech

Post by gtech »

Just a little update on this.

I have currently about 6 complete sets, I also have one very nice one with
"TRD2000GT" cut into it so can be back lit.

Slight increase in costs due to our current situation, materials, couriers,etc have all had a bite of the apple (sorry).

Anyone interested please drop me a pm.

Thanks

Graeme
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

carbon one?
gtech

Post by gtech »

Had'nt forgotten :mrgreen: but thats on the back burner for now, the cost was going to be very high, stupidly high really, but its always something I keep going back to and playing with.

At the moment I have another company looking at the CAD to see if they can come up with soemthing at a reasonable price.

so all is not lost :)

Graeme
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

even black would be good,

i dont like the shiney finish
gtech

Post by gtech »

For around £45 I can have them Powder coated, black is not a problem. I believe he also does like a matt black which is actually a special powder they use on exhausts and downpipes to reduce heat
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

I painted mine black with BBQ matt black spray...

I do WAY too many miles in this car to have a shiny shroud... :oops:

I had to put a little 'rub sticker' for where the alarm sensor is though.. you can just see it to the right-hand corner.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Hey that dont look too bad at all :thumleft: :thumleft:
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

marcnoonan wrote:
gtech wrote:

Hi Marc,

I can oblige with the shield,

What price please Graeme?

Cheers

Marc

what he said
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

-:[KM]:- wrote:I painted mine black with BBQ matt black spray...

I do WAY too many miles in this car to have a shiny shroud... :oops:

I had to put a little 'rub sticker' for where the alarm sensor is though.. you can just see it to the right-hand corner.

Im tempted to do this with mine, or make a carbon skin for it. Shiny only looks nice when its 100% polished, mark free and the engine is polished too!
luke t

Post by luke t »

do you still have any full kits left? if so are they more or less plug n play or do they require a better fitter?
also, are they ok to use every day, as in does the rain pour through them?
im up for one if you have one left, just give me a price and your paypal details and ill pay straight away.
im in the north east, are you far?
gtech

Post by gtech »

PM'd you bud
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Got mine fitted today, f**ked up with the drill for my wiring and damaged the fibreglass top a bit from the underside, but never mind it will fix.

Where is everyone getting the extra screws from? Breakers yards or toyota?

I found some didnt want to tighten, fibreglass isnt the best for a secure fixing i suppose, but overall I am really happy with the result, function over anything for me but im really pleased with how it looks too

Thanks Mr Simpson! :mrgreen:

Graeme

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”