Water Hose replacement

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiger Tim

Water Hose replacement

Post by Tiger Tim »

Hi All,

Just bought a new radiator for my MK1A. Just wondering should I replace the water hoses as well as they are now 38 years old. I've seen some silicone hose kits on e-Bay but most are from China & not sure of the quality. Any suggestions?.

Searching the forum I found a posting where someone replaced the fans & heavy shroud with a lighter option. The pics are no longer visible so also looking for some info on this. Are there fans from any other Toyota that will fit?.

Thanks,

Tim
jimi

Re: Water Hose replacement

Post by jimi »

Tiger Tim wrote:
Searching the forum I found a posting where someone replaced the fans & heavy shroud with a lighter option. The pics are no longer visible so also looking for some info on this. Are there fans from any other Toyota that will fit?.

If you mean this thread forums/viewtopic.php?t=134287& Then I've sorted the picture links and they ar now visible :)
Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim »

Thanks Jimi. Great mod. Can you remember if that fan came off another car or did you buy new.

That thread descended into some argument :o

Thanks,

Tim
jimi

Post by jimi »

It did indeed promote some animated "discussion" :lol:
The fan was new, bought from eBay, 12inch similar to this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Universal ... SwmtJXYs7c
Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim »

Thanks Jimi

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”