The seat changer

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2Kyle

The seat changer

Post by MR2Kyle »

After having a bit of a revelation last night I think I can solve my problem with a new seat. I lost my love for the Mr2 after my back started to really bug me on long drives so purchased a supra to try and solve this problem. Great for space but not manual and not with an lsd. So after the revelation that I already own the car I want (MR2) as it's a turbo, manual, lsd car I think I'm going to sell the supra :oops: . Yes I know how stupid this may look! Anyhow what recommendations do people have for seats? Ideally I'm looking for something that gives me more head and leg room so if I have to bolt it straight to the floor then so be it. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated and it's good to be back on the forum! :thumleft:
Mk1b 1989 Mica Blue
Mk2 rev3 1993 NA Turquoise
Mk2 rev5 1999 Cosmos Blue with st215 conversion 😉
MR2TRD8

Seats

Post by MR2TRD8 »

Recaro sr3 or fishnets are comfy. Iv got sr3s in mine and love them[/code]
Race Idiot

Re: The seat changer

Post by Race Idiot »

If you want a recliner you can't go wrong with recaro SR or recaro speeds which are the simmilar to the SR's but the euro version.

I was able to get bolt in rails for em from jdmdistro but that was a while ago. They may still do em though.

If you want a fixed back seat Recaro Pole positions are great, but a bit of a pain to get sliders for em that don't fit too high. I switched from SR's as a driver seat because the bolstering doesn't hold yer legs too well on track and I could feel myself bracing my legs in corners which wasn't helping.

They are pretty comfy on a long journey too.
BillyDS

Re: The seat changer

Post by BillyDS »

My uncle has been complaining about the uncomfortable seat. We'll check out Recaro.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”