Coilover choices for lowered car.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Clattie

Coilover choices for lowered car.

Post by Clattie »

Hi guys.

I'm looking into the market of buying some coilovers, in fact, I actually bought some BC Racing RM series coilovers! But I sent them back due to noise transmission not being covered on warranty.

I'm wondering what coilovers would be best for me? My car would be on the road 95% of its life, I'm looking for the weekend only, spirited driving with the occasional motorway driving. Also, the car is already lowered about 35/40mm which I want to keep with the new setup, would this also affect the spring rate i need to choose?

I've been looking at BC Racing BR series, Meister R's Tein, and KW Coilovers (is the stainless steel and general design worth the extra money over the other choices?)

Thanks guys!
rossonza
Premium Member

Re: Coilover choices for lowered car.

Post by rossonza »

My friends just had meister r on his mx5 and he said it's perfect for the roads. So I'm looking at these. He said it's the perfect combo of street ride and still has performance for spirited cornering
Clattie

Post by Clattie »

rossonza wrote:My friends just had meister r on his mx5 and he said it's perfect for the roads. So I'm looking at these. He said it's the perfect combo of street ride and still has performance for spirited cornering

What Spring rate are you looking at? Are you lowering your car?
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Clattie wrote:
rossonza wrote:My friends just had meister r on his mx5 and he said it's perfect for the roads. So I'm looking at these. He said it's the perfect combo of street ride and still has performance for spirited cornering

What Spring rate are you looking at? Are you lowering your car?

Not 100% yet. And yes I'm on cut apex springs. So 40+mm drops. But original 93 dampers.... Not the best as you could imagine. Any clue what your looking for in terms of rates etc

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”