Jacking locations other than the sills

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike

Jacking locations other than the sills

Post by Mike »

My near side sill is holed and will soon be repaired. Even once repaired I'm now a bit twitchy about jacking the car on the jacking points along the sills. What other jacking points are there on the mk2? Pictures would be very very helpful :thumleft:
raptor95GTS

Re: Jacking locations other than the sills

Post by raptor95GTS »

i used the subframe at the rear of the car and the suspension arms at the front though tbh most of the time I jacked up the car using a block of wood underneath the body then axle stands under subframe / suspension mount
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

You can also jack at the front of the car dead centre.

You will probably need a low level jack and I drive front wheels up on to a couple of pieces of wood to give a little better access,
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I remember someone telling me about the front centre jack point. I don't think i can get my low profile jack that far under the car with it lowered.

I bought a load of hockey pucks and I shove them on the jack and jackstands now. Seems to work well to protect the sills from resting directly on the jack.

But yeah from the rear I always go from the subframe
gips

Post by gips »

For the front you can use the bracket for the Sway bar bush either left or right , depending , which side you want raised. Its a very good spot, because it goes in the center of the jack and the car won't slide from the jack. For the rear you just use the middle of the subframe :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”