Rev 5 Mk2 Water in Drivers footwell. Car is Covered constantly!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Brundle25

Rev 5 Mk2 Water in Drivers footwell. Car is Covered constantly!

Post by Brundle25 »

Hi There

I have a very odd issue. The car (Tbar Rev 5 G Limited) is covered with a Monsoon Car cover from Coverzone practically all of the time.
However, i have noticed that water is gathering in the footwell under the drivers floormat. Its not like a puddle, but almost a condensation effect.
If i look from the underside of the car, i see a clear dark mark on the undertray.
Its odd as water shouldn't be draining down the Tbar drainage as its covered.
Could it be something else is off here? I took a look upward from inside the footwell and saw nothing of note that could be causing it.

Thanks
HighwayStar

Re: Rev 5 Mk2 Water in Drivers footwell. Car is Covered constantly!

Post by HighwayStar »

First do a taste test to ensure it's not sweet. If it is then its coolant likely from a leaky heater matrix (dash out job to reach I'm afraid).

If it isn't sweet and is indeed water the only way to find where it's coming in is to hire a smoke machine. Pop it in the car, turn it on, shut the doors and wait awhile. Anywhere the smoke is coming out water can come in...

T-bar seals, door and window seals or even the windscreen are all possibilities.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”