David's Mitsubishi Evo 6 Import

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Draven

Re: David's Mitsubishi Evo 6 Import

Post by Draven »

Removed this little card unit from under the glove box and all associated wiring.

From my research you put a little card in it and it pays the tolls when you're driving around in Japan. It wasn't removed on import.

I think i'll keep it because it is quite cool and it is actually made by Mitsubishi which is wicked. It talks to you in Japanese when you start the car. The wiring however was all those horrendous plastic clips so it had to come out.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Also removed this Turbo timer..

I subscribe to the driving gently for the last 5 / 10 minutes rather than leaving the engine running illegally..

If anyone wants it let me know.. :thumleft:
JD

Post by JD »

Draven wrote:leaving the engine running illegally..

uuh.. I'm pretty sure you're allowed to have your engine running.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I have the same turbo timer in my MR2, but it's got a see-through blue case, it's the pinnacle of 90's cool
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Draven

Post by Draven »

JD wrote:
Draven wrote:leaving the engine running illegally..

uuh.. I'm pretty sure you're allowed to have your engine running.

You're allowed to have it running if you're with the vehicle but not if you walk away from it. Which is kinda the point of a turbo timer.
Draven

Post by Draven »

C35Rob wrote:I have the same turbo timer in my MR2, but it's got a see-through blue case, it's the pinnacle of 90's cool

I'm kinda just tempted to stick it in a box somewhere and keep it. I do love 90's car stuff.

did you have a chance to look for that sensor? :thumleft:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Draven wrote:
C35Rob wrote:I have the same turbo timer in my MR2, but it's got a see-through blue case, it's the pinnacle of 90's cool

I'm kinda just tempted to stick it in a box somewhere and keep it. I do love 90's car stuff.

I won't be be home until Friday night but I know exactly where it is so will get on it on Friday :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Draven

Post by Draven »

C35Rob wrote:
Draven wrote:

I won't be be home until Friday night but I know exactly where it is so will get on it on Friday :thumleft:

Cool, thanks. Just now i'm struggling to find some centre caps for my wheels typical that they aren't a standard size.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Absolutely awesome dude. :thumleft: This is a car I really wanted when it was new (i.e. when I was still a little too young to drive!) and I still toy with the idea of getting one too. I always preferred these over the scoobies. This is the best colour too IMO.
Draven

Post by Draven »

monkeymax wrote:Absolutely awesome dude. :thumleft: This is a car I really wanted when it was new (i.e. when I was still a little too young to drive!) and I still toy with the idea of getting one too. I always preferred these over the scoobies. This is the best colour too IMO.

Thanks man, it has been a childhood dream to own one of these. :thumleft: It still find it hard to believe i've bought one

Glad to see you're back around. :mrgreen:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Removed front cross brace, it isn't in great condition I have begun polishing. forgot to take a picture prior to starting.

Anyone good any good ideas about removing corrosion off Ally. It isn't too bad polishing with metal polish is working but will take a month of Sundays.

I don't want to lose the shinyness so I figured using sand paper would be bad?
qwakers

Post by qwakers »

1000 grit wet and dry will take the corrosion off then 2000 grit then polish to ge tthe shine back.
Draven

Post by Draven »

qwakers wrote:1000 grit wet and dry will take the corrosion off then 2000 grit then polish to ge tthe shine back.

Well i went with scotchbrite type pads in the end to get rid of the majority of the corrosion. And now i'm working with the polish to get the shine. :thumleft:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Not really much happening at the moment, I am taking some time to sort my garage out as I needed somewhere to work,

I did however get this to play with over the long cold winter while the car is in the garage.

The box model is even the same colour as my car. So hopefully i'll be able to paint the model the same colour.

:thumleft:
JD

Post by JD »

Draven wrote:Not really much happening at the moment, I am taking some time to sort my garage out as I needed somewhere to work,

I did however get this to play with over the long cold winter while the car is in the garage.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/ ... 0caqgp.jpg

The box model is even the same colour as my car. So hopefully i'll be able to paint the model the same colour.

Here ya go: http://www.hiroboy.com/Mitsubishi_Paint ... -1145.html

8)
Draven

Post by Draven »

Oh wow you're a dude :thumleft: exactly what I wanted.
Draven

Post by Draven »

So now a little progress.

With great thanks to Rob (CT35Rob) I should have my Defi Water temp gauge fixed in a week or so. So this is good news.

I have noticed that there is a loud ticking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI0PK0K8xV0

On idle, from a little investigation it seems to be a common Evo 6 Issue due to the lash adjusters not letting enough oil through them due to the hole at the top of the adjuster only being 1mm, there is an upgrade to 3mm which from my research solves the problem.

I have ordered a set and am just waiting for them to turn up.
Draven

Post by Draven »

JD wrote:
Draven wrote:Not really much happening at the moment, I am taking some time to sort my garage out as I needed somewhere to work,

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/ ... 0caqgp.jpg

8)

Annoyingly they don't have my blue on the site

Rheims Blue T36H

:( it is quite a rare colour
JD

Post by JD »

Draven wrote:
JD wrote:

8)

Annoyingly they don't have my blue on the site

Rheims Blue T36H

:( it is quite a rare colour

PMing you ;)
Draven

Post by Draven »

You da man =;

Return to “Member Profiles”