Andy's Rev 3 Turbo - Project complete.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

androo007

Re: Andy's Rev 3 Turbo - Project complete.

Post by androo007 »

Yeah I don't know what happened, Dan sold it on and bought a Maserati instead. I spoke briefly to the new owner who had a few questions but that was it.

I'm really hoping it's just had a plate change and not been written off or broken up for parts, I put in over £18k into that car over 4 years and it had so much more to give! Ignition advance was so safe it had loads and loads more room for more safely.

I'd love to hear how it's getting on as I really loved that car and ironically a year on I'm financially in a better place (probably because I'm not spending all my money on the MR2 haha)
fastasfkk

mr2

Post by fastasfkk »

yes would like to know what happend
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ahhhh! I see it now haha! Always made me scratch my head!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

If it was broken for parts or crashed we'd have known about it guys. I bet the car is just tucked up for winter :)
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I hope so!

In the end I didnt get a caterham as they were just too expensive, but I did at least get myself a Clio 182 which is now the track slag. Not the fastest in the world but keeps up with much bigger powered cars and takes relentless abuse well. I'm hoping this year to cover off the rest of the UK tracks
bob mon

mr2

Post by bob mon »

Ryan S wrote:If it was broken for parts or crashed we'd have known about it guys. I bet the car is just tucked up for winter :)
How would we know if it has been scrapped or crashed I have not heard from or know anybody that knows the owner, he might not be an mr2 enthusiast so might not even be on any of the forums, does anybody know which part of the country the owner lives, I am always on all the many mr2 facebook groups and have never seen or heard anything about this car and usually the really big power mr2s are well known being so rare these days, with there being no trace on the DVLA website my guess is the car has been stripped for parts and no longer exists
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Because if it was crashed it would have been broken for parts or sold as spares. I'd have certainly known what car half the parts would have been from. I doubt very much it's been crashed. It's the type of car that somebody buys then looks after. If it has been crashed it's very sad. It may just have a private plate on it now. Most of the pics of my car on here have my old plate on it. In which case you'll find no info on my car using the old plate either.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I've got the latest owners number, perhaps I'll drop him a text this weekend to see just out of interest.
Last edited by androo007 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:I've got the latest owners number, perhaps I'll drop him a text this weekend to see just out of interest

would be nice to know. Are you not tempted to try and get it back?
androo007

Post by androo007 »

A little :lol:

There's another MR2 coming up for sale in spring that smacks the pants off any other MR2 I've seen, if only I had enough for that.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:A little :lol:

There's another MR2 coming up for sale in spring that smacks the pants off any other MR2 I've seen, if only I had enough for that.

is it shanes? Was never sure if his sold or not!
androo007

Post by androo007 »

No even better! Shane's is still up for sale somehow
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Only 2 cars I can think of but I'll not mention them :)
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Did you text him Andy? I don't have his number anymore. He was a Toyota/MR2 enthusiast, he did mention he had another MR2 so I did wonder If he might transfer parts over or drop the engine into his original car maybe.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Nah I didn't get round to it mate, thought it might look odd haha
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

u never know he might offer it up to you first if he sells? I speak to Mark about my old Veilisde quite often still, he lets me know how it's getting on. I don't think he will be selling anytime soon though he's looking into the shows in 2020.

Might be some classic car shizzle for me the longer I'm out of the MR2 game the more it seems I'm done with the Jap scene. But you never know...

Return to “Member Profiles”