Shane's rev 5 turbo,mapped 569 BHP, For Sale

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SonicSW20

Re: Shane's rev 5 turbo,mapped 569 BHP, For Sale

Post by SonicSW20 »

Definitely go 5S if you're at engine rebuild territory. Extra 10% capacity will spool the turbo even quicker :thumleft:
Equium Duo

Post by Equium Duo »

holy xxxx thats amazing! Good work!
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

:clap:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

shane34 wrote:How does 5k sound?

It came with new tryes, 50liters of meth, new plugs, new a Piller, stero fitted.

I'm very happy that even with a potential damaged engine (need to confirm link oil pressure sensor is faulty) dash oil can light goes out when starting so fingers crossed duff sensor. With the cost i can still invest Into this may even look at a 5s?

Tho this is subject to the missues, she told me she didn't want to discuss it sitting on our drive. "I'm just going to ignore it's there"

crazy cheap dude. shame it took the car being ragged within an inch of its life.
whats the plan with the car?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

still can't get my head around him letting it go so cheaply!
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Ryan S wrote:still can't get my head around him letting it go so cheaply!

Cost them £20 + insurance / tax etc, they thought they had xxxxx it, so they essentially made £4k+ in a couple weeks.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

So

Essentially I offered him 8k the day after he got it but he wanted 10k quick sale.

I said I wasn't interested at that but I'm sure people would be. So over the next few days he had some issues, it over heated once which I explained to him he had a few possibilities, hose or rad leak, turbo return or feed line leak, cracked block or lifted head or head gasket. Soon as the car got to 120degree the ECU stopped the car for doing any revs. Which I think then fouled the plugs which then created a small miss fire.

So this was friday. Up until this point all the driving of the car since it left me was on the lower boost setting as it had no meth. On Saturday/sunday he got some meth and did a video for me and it was pulling like normal. No over heating no miss fire.

Monday he contacted me saying did I want this. I'm not sure if he was having issues still but I don't think the people where he lived appreciated the car as it's a bit loud. Small village. He already had a noise complaints about his evo which he had to get a new system built this week before the car was taken away. So quite serious.

So I explained that he would be better off breaking it as my offer was now 6k as there still could be potentially engine issues. He was happy as he doesn't have time to break. So we agree to the 6k. I get up early and catch the train to near Snowdon Wales arrive midday, car was un washed broken rear quarter window, and dented inspection panel. I'm not sure if someone had actually damaged the car on purpose. Either way it wasn't a deal breaker rest of the body looked good no dents.

So I go for a drive as I still had insurance as I didn't cancel it haha, it stalled on me twice just going down hill, not a major concern (i have no idle control), started right back up did a few pulls without meth no issues, did a small burn out all good. So the Plan next was to go to the bank, 10mins away. I did a 3rd gear pull and it died 5 seconds or so after the pull. I Managed to start but it kept dying. I'm doing a fair speed so manage to roll into a side ramp. So ingot my laptop out connected to see what was going on, it was reading no oil pressure on the fairly new link oil pressure sensor. At this point I spoke to Michael at SRD who said the oil pressure sensor would shut of the engine after 5 seconds of no pressure. So now I'm stuck on the road with potentially no oil pressure joy

So we disable the sensor it starts and runs, no knocking, at this point I speak to Andy Watson, discuss the issues and he mentions about the standars sensor that still shows the oil can on the dash. So this was showing oil pressure was registered.

However I really didn't want to trust an old sensor Vs a brand new one so told the guy I didn't want the hassle and was just going to get the train back home, I said with what it's showing you possibly may have a broken engine or its just a sensor. I told him to break it for parts, again he was like I can't, so told me 5k and take it. Still had 10mins to get to the bank yet so we agreed and drove there.

Drove fine, deal was done, I'm now faced with 230miles to get home. Which proudly it did with zero issues, no overheating no knocking, even gave it some prolonged 90mph driving and some small low bar boosts.

So this how it played out. I still to prove the sensor and oil pressure and then to put some meth in a test it at the 570bhp map. So the story is not over yet.

5k for sure was cheap, but it was a risk and a huge hassle if it went wrong trying to get home.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

hi Shane thanks for replying.

yeah doesn't sound ideal with the noise complaints etc. and again i think you did well to reduce your offer. even with a dodgy engine the cars worth a fair chunk as it is.

fingers crossed on a sensor replacement then, im sure if it was low oil pressure youd have had serious knocking on the drive home. i guess you could drop the oil and check for bearing material etc whilst waiting for a replacement sensor.

whats your plan with the car now its home/going to be fixed. back on ebay make some more £?
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

No plans, obviously the missus doesn't want me to keep. And to be honest I sold it as I just don't have time for cars.when I 1st got it I had no children and was self employed. I'm note running a business with 8/10 people working for me, have 2 kids, and double the size of house i did before and mortgage to go with it

1st I need to get this back to perfect condition again which will take a few weeks with my time frames. If I do decide to sell I'll just keep it on imoc mr2oc probably and ensure it goes to an enthusiast
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Brilliant mate. Even if the engine is goosed it's still a good deal. I bet it's fine though!
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

shane34 wrote:No plans, obviously the missus doesn't want me to keep. And to be honest I sold it as I just don't have time for cars.when I 1st got it I had no children and was self employed. I'm note running a business with 8/10 people working for me, have 2 kids, and double the size of house i did before and mortgage to go with it

1st I need to get this back to perfect condition again which will take a few weeks with my time frames. If I do decide to sell I'll just keep it on imoc mr2oc probably and ensure it goes to an enthusiast

Shane, makes total sense life takes over and priorities change.

ive got to say, definitely how id want it to go now. weve all seen what happens when people who dont respect these things end up. Shame this all happened with your car but its done now.

hopefully you can fix the bits that need fixing and get it sold to a deserving owner.

:thumleft:
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Gave the car a detail today. Came up as good as before which was a nice relief.

Found a leaking hose for the coolant which would explain the original over heating issue.

No oil or water or cracks around the pump areas which was good. Next to clean the engine bay, fit a new window and test the oil pressure sensor.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

shane34 wrote:Gave the car a detail today. Came up as good as before which was a nice relief.

Found a leaking hose for the coolant which would explain the original over heating issue.

No oil or water or cracks around the pump areas which was good. Next to clean the engine bay, fit a new window and test the oil pressure sensor.

Sounds good Shane. :thumleft:

Pm me a price if you don't mind. No worries if you'd rather just list it.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Honestly to early to decide on my plans. Again I'm back in the situation where both the supra and MR2 are still in my ownership. Supra sale fell through with the USA guy.

Let see how the next few weeks play out might try and get on the Kent run this weekend.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

shane34 wrote:Honestly to early to decide on my plans. Again I'm back in the situation where both the supra and MR2 are still in my ownership. Supra sale fell through with the USA guy.

Let see how the next few weeks play out might try and get on the Kent run this weekend.

Not ideal then. I figured the supra would be sought after in the UK.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Yeah I thought manual TT supras were going for decent money
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Honestly the supra market in my opinion is dead. Nothing is selling unless it's really cheap. I think mine might be slightly to high price wise However when I listed it I think it was good current market value, I'm seeing many nice even original manuals dropping in price or not selling. Odd market
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

shane34 wrote:Honestly the supra market in my opinion is dead. Nothing is selling unless it's really cheap. I think mine might be slightly to high price wise However when I listed it I think it was good current market value, I'm seeing many nice even original manuals dropping in price or not selling. Odd market

Shame I think the problem is, people who own them have decided they are worth loads now, especially when the new one is out now.
but people are not actually willing to pay such a high price for them..
The tuner scene is unfortunately just not there any more (well not like it used to be anyway) when all new drivers have to have a block box so they don't get into the fun cars early like we did, so they don't get the bug. also PCP deals o nice new reliable warranty cars

I can't believe i sold Supra for 9k back in the day 660hp uk car!!
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

For sure there is no new blood coming into the scene like it did. The mkv have very little to do with it in my opinion, i think I've seen a handful of owners buy a mkv, not many mkiv owners actually want them, but the supra has definitely hit a peak for now maybe when the weather comes in it will jump up again. But last summer people were paying 30/35k for a decent 6 speed manual. Now I'm seeing many for 25/27k

Autos are holding value around the 16/18k mark which is good but either version is hard to sell, even cheap projects are not shifting to many mkiv owners disbelief.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I think the other factor is linked with the PCP, and new cars now can have huge power hikes just from a cheap generic downloaded map which increases boost on these cars and gives you a much faster car.

Kinda sad to realise that the glory days are over, even down to the fuel when E10 comes in which will reduce the power of NA cars. Great for FI of course though....

Return to “Member Profiles”