Nathan's Mk2 Turbo Rev 2 - Hard Top - 1993

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

Re: Nathan's Mk2 Turbo Rev 2 - Hard Top - 1993

Post by 2mad »

Posted on the wrong thread :oops: #-o ](*,)
Last edited by 2mad on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DB Mr2

Post by DB Mr2 »

2mad I'm so confused dude lol!
That doesn't make sense? Wrong thread?
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Lol know idea must have been drunk..

Sorry dude ... :D
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Wonder what post i was superposed to post that on lol sorry nathan :oops:

Looking forward to the car getting a fresh cote of paint :thumleft:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Tyres ordered for the rears, went with Yoko AD08r's in 16 / 225 / 45. I chose these as they seem to have the best overall reviews in the Wet and Dry. I also managed to find them at a reasonable price which was nice. Variety is the spice n all that.

New import plates have arrived, will be sticking these on the car rather than screwing. I can finally get rid of the awful sticker front plate which I've hated since day 1. I fitted white LED sidelights to the Orange JDM clusters. These are experiment to see if I can get them Amber for MOT passing.

Excuse the lack of pictures as these updates are boring small items, now the painful wait till October... :tumbleweed:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Sounds great .. looking forward to pics :mrgreen:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Last Friday I fitted the spigots and put the wheels on in preparation for the drop off. Discovered my front passenger side brake calliper was seized, will deal with that later. The callipers will be sprayed black and so will the Advan centre caps which is why they're not fitted. Discovered no more wheel wobble which is awesome as I've lived with it on the old alloys for a while..

The car is now in the shop being sprayed. Can't wait! :mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

You know im not the biggest fan of red but im so in for this mate .. wheels look =P~ bad ass ... cant wait man :thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

How much is the respray setting you back?
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

androo007 wrote:How much is the respray setting you back?

A full respray with this garage was £2.5K. I'd shopped around for a few months and prices ranged from £2K to £4K so I went with the price that averaged in the middle Hertfordshire based. I'm getting a few extras done such as underspray, brake calipers, fitting new windscreen etc so the final cost will be a bit extra.

:thumleft:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

2mad wrote:You know im not the biggest fan of red but im so in for this mate .. wheels look =P~ bad ass ... cant wait man :thumleft:

Cheers mate. The wheels look awesome in person as they reflect in different shades depending on the angle. Really happy with how they turned out. Can't wait to snap some decent pic once she's back. :mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

nathan.z wrote:
2mad wrote:You know im not the biggest fan of red but im so in for this mate .. wheels look =P~ bad ass ... cant wait man :thumleft:

Cheers mate. The wheels look awesome in person as they reflect in different shades depending on the angle. Really happy with how they turned out. Can't wait to snap some decent pic once she's back. :mrgreen:

I would much rather you go burgundy but its not my car lol .. cant wait to see the final article ... what pant code red are you going for ???
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

2mad wrote:
nathan.z wrote:

I would much rather you go burgundy but its not my car lol .. cant wait to see the final article ... what pant code red are you going for ???

Honda - Milano red (Horror shock horror)

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looks a very nice deep red mate .. car should look epic i think :thumleft:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Should be getting her back tomorrow.
:mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

You know im not a red fan (cos they go pink) but that dark deep red im in looks fantastic :thumleft: :mrgreen: :clap:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

2mad wrote:You know im not a red fan (cos they go pink) but that dark deep red im in looks fantastic :thumleft: :mrgreen: :clap:

Cheers 2mad. :thumleft:

I finally got to take her home yesterday evening. She'd been delayed due to a reaction with the first coat of paint which meant 6 weeks of sitting in the workshop. The weeks of sitting brought a few issues..

The battery was flat despite a recent full charge from the shop. Add in the age of the battery and winter I ended up walking across the industrial estate and buying a new one. The exhaust kicked out a lot of water (Condensation from sitting for so long) and then on the journey home the speedo failed (It's always been temperamental) and the dash warning light up like a rainbow. I made it home despite all of this. I still haven't figured where to put the front number plate...

Things I need to check over once the rain stops. No working side lights on the front with the new JDM clusters and no working reverse lights. I'll take it for it another test drive in the evening and to figure out why the dash warning lights illuminated. My gut is blaming the flat battery and ECU reset for the first drive home. I just sat on the drive and warmed her up with no issues.

Overall I'am happy with the body work. The shop has done a fantastic job at revitalising the car. It's so red it hurts my eyes! Once the weather clears up I'll take her out for a decent photoshoot as the phone pics don't do her justice. The colour really pops in person with human eyes. There's a really nice feeling knowing this is the only Honda- Milano red Mr2 in existence. (To my knowledge)

Additional extras

- Aerial removed and smoothed
- Bonnet smoothed
- De-badged / No decals
- Heated windscreen installed (Just needs wiring)
- Trim resprayed black / windscreen arms
- New scuttle panel
- Under sealed
- Centre caps resprayed and fitted.
- Caliper's painted black.

*The frunk was popped as we messed around a battery booster

nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Looks like the alternator has failed, getting a recon and the heated screen installed Saturday. Fingers crossed. \:D/ The reverse lights were accidentally left unplugged from the shop so that was an easy fix. I've cabled tied the plate to the front bumper for now temporally
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Aww mate more problems .. hope it dont turn in to a money pit :cry: .. cant wait for the photo shoot .. looks sweet , hope you sort the gremlins :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”