Muttley

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

A.BLAKE

Re: Muttley

Post by A.BLAKE »

Not that you would want to but you could probably ebay the wheels and exhaust and get more than the cost of the whole car!
ads

Post by ads »

cheers for that. I like the no spoiler look too and controversially I quite like the Rev2 rear lights and centre panel.

Keeping the wheels and love the exhaust so that's staying too.

Selling the Ohlins shocks and uprated springs on here now though, so will be interesting to see what they fetch to offset the cost of imminent suspension swap.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I like it, looks good. :thumleft:
ads

Post by ads »

thanks! like yours better ... 8)
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

MR2O12 wrote:The guy breaking the black glimited on here got that for 500 on ebay. It came with rouge quads rev 6 rear lights rims a rebuilt rev 3 engine. As a whole worth the same as a bog standard but as parts worth a alot more

that was me mate, i only bought that car for the wedsport wheels and quad headlights for my car, knowing id sell the other bits for what i paid for the car (if not more)

i used to break mr2's alot on here and usually paid about £500-600 for rev3 NA's, i just bought 2x actually, but was going to v6 one - sadly the sills are shot and not worth fixing so ive sold the V6 engine package on.

£500 for a rev2 if super clean as stated is imho a decent price, personally i dont think its a mega bargain but maybe thats down to the fact i dont like the colour or the rev1/2 spoilers/lights (i have a set of rev3 lights if you're interested :mrgreen: ) £500 doesnt often buy a really good throughout MR2 these days
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

jasongtr wrote:
MR2O12 wrote:The guy breaking the black glimited on here got that for 500 on ebay. It came with rouge quads rev 6 rear lights rims a rebuilt rev 3 engine. As a whole worth the same as a bog standard but as parts worth a alot more

that was me mate, i only bought that car for the wedsport wheels and quad headlights for my car, knowing id sell the other bits for what i paid for the car (if not more)

i used to break mr2's alot on here and usually paid about £500-600 for rev3 NA's, i just bought 2x actually, but was going to v6 one - sadly the sills are shot and not worth fixing so ive sold the V6 engine package on.

£500 for a rev2 if super clean as stated is imho a decent price, personally i dont think its a mega bargain but maybe thats down to the fact i dont like the colour or the rev1/2 spoilers/lights (i have a set of rev3 lights if you're interested :mrgreen: ) £500 doesnt often buy a really good throughout MR2 these days

lol i was gona snap that car up but diddnt have the space or time. you cant go wrong for 500 quid no mater what car it is, so long as its decent
ads

Post by ads »

CardHore wrote:Wanna sell me those wheels? :twisted:

perhaps .. just need to make my mind up just sent you a PM regarding something else too
ads

Post by ads »

So after a few years a quick update

This happened :)

Car has ran well for the last few years, timing belt changed at Rogue, exhaust needed welding, apart from that no problems apart from faded paint patch on roof, will need a roof re spray at some point.

Fitted a Saab 900 spoiler ..

Suspension getting tired so currently fitting black billies

And yesterday I saved these from scrap ...

Enkei staggered 16" 7" front 8" back

Will probably strip and ghetto refurb in which case my 15" set on the car may be up for sale at some point

Excuse small images, can post up larger if anyone needs a better look
ads

Post by ads »

In the spirit of this budget build, acquired these split rim Enkeis

Fronts in worse shape paint wise than rears , so stripped those first

front pictured on left, rear on right

Will be a while before I update this next , thinking I may need to lower the car and paint the Enkeis a dark & moody shade .. we'll see . Everything comes to he who waits , mostly because he has to wait for anything he can afford
ads

Post by ads »

ok progress :D

Enkeis splits back from being shotblasted and currently receiving lashings of Honda Phantom Grey Pearlescent ( very dark grey almost black ) total cost of wheels, refurb and fitted tyres is sub £250 .

Old wheels just about to be sent off to buyer when sale is finalized .

Thanks to the kindness of several members I have rear tyres on their way for nearly nothing ( champiros , will upgrade in summer considering what I'm fitting up front) - today I picked up some well priced used Yoko AD08s for front wheels, yippee !

Apex 30mm lowerings springs to be fitted to black billies, again all bargain buys from IMOC

Looking forward to it all coming together over next few weeks !!
ads

Post by ads »

Latest .. been flat out with work so its been a while , Mini is ours too bought that a few months ago. Gets more looks than the MR2 !

Mother in law keeps on borrowing the '2 so rarely get to drive her

sprayed the Enkeis and fitted tyres - cost more than originally planned as decided to fit new yoko AD08s on rear to accompany front part worn AD08s ( paid £70 off ebay )

S/H black billies now fitted all round, - 30mm Apex springs on front, std tubby springs on back. replaced front ball joints, full laser alignment from new guy started up in my hometown took 1 1/2 hours and charged me £55 which is reasonable imo - result! feels great to drive

I think the dark grey wheels (which look black in most lights) tie in well with the black sills and Saab rear spoiler

Nothing else to report really except she passed the MOT no advisories

:thumleft:

Next up roof respray - one of these years!
Last edited by ads on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Looking good :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
craig

Post by craig »

Looking good mate. Proper retro. :thumleft:
ads

Post by ads »

thanks guys ! retro is the way forward
ads

Post by ads »

Quite a while since my last update . Muttley still in my ownership and in line for paintwork and body kit after I've sold our classic Mini which shouldn't hang about too long

Images seem to have disappeared so here's a link to a recent Instagram post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqDLrSJJI7 ... =copy_link

The MR2 has never let us down and now has 102k on the odo . I've only spent money on consumables - new rear shock inserts and making the pp departure 1 stainless steel throughout as the mild steel pipework had disintegrated.

However the paintwork has faded badly now on the bumpers/bonnet and bootlid.

Cue body styling changes. Ever since I went on a national meet up and saw a stunning metallic blue Tom's kitted car (no idea whose it was) I was smitten.

Now my budget doesn't extend to the full kit and full respray since I'm having to spunk the thick end of £20k on a small house extension at some point, so I'm doing everything on a tight budget and not going for the full kit.

So far Facebook yielded a £30 Tom's copy front bumper with a few spider cracks (decent quality part but doesn't look hugely different to the OEM bumper) and I bought a £80 eBay never fitted Duraflex Tom's upper wing (not very impressed with the finish on this) . I'll be removing the Saab Ducktail by the way.

I was trying to get away without side skirts but dont think it will work. I do think I'll keep the oe rear bumper so I'm after some advice on whether Tom's or Airwalker would flow best with the standard rear end and the best source of aftermarket items ?

There's no way I can afford original sideskirts and MR2 Ben is only half an hour up the road from me. Has anyone had any experience of fit and finish of their sideskirts? I can live with @ £160 for a set.

Return to “Member Profiles”