The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Magic Beans »

This one's a little different to the red one. Still a MkII and turbo, just different. Plus it doesn't need work, apparently at least...

I'd mulled over buying a 240Z/Fairlady but didn't relish the idea of having two projects. If I had that the MR2 would inevitably end up waiting for years to be sorted. That goes against my original plan, so for now at least I'm holding off on the Z project. Technically I already have a Z, just not a Datsun and not from '77 :mrgreen:
Chumbaside
Premium Member

Post by Chumbaside »

Nice to see you breathing life back into another MR2 :clap:

Mine is engine out as I add a lovely Garrett G25-660 into the mix plus various other bits! It really is the gift that keeps on giving :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Chumbaside wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:58 am
Nice to see you breathing life back into another MR2 :clap:

Mine is engine out as I add a lovely Garrett G25-660 into the mix plus various other bits! It really is the gift that keeps on giving :lol:

Oh, we're up to 4 viewers! :lol:

Good to see there's still a few people rattling around on the forum :D We really should push to get people back on here rather than FB etc.

How's the car feel with a modern turbo on it? I'd imagine that combined with a modern ECU and the other toys would transform the drive? 8)
Chumbaside
Premium Member

Post by Chumbaside »

How's the car feel with a modern turbo on it? I'd imagine that combined with a modern ECU and the other toys would transform the drive? 8)

I'll let you know once it's all back together - aiming for mapping mid-February...
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I hope it all goes well :thumleft:

You should create a build thread, it's quite cathartic when you look back.

Return to “Member Profiles”