Evening drive

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CalMac

Evening drive

Post by CalMac »

Just got back from a car meet in MK. I always forget how much I love this MR2 until I get a bit of open road =P~ Also had a chance to drive it for an hour and get everything properly warmed up - all just felt so much slicker and eager to boost as a result.

Just amazes me how well it pulls in the higher gears. The power keeps on coming like a steam train. I'm buzzing!

All you folks chasing 500/600bhp are utter lunatics :lol: I'm only around the 300bhp mark and it's bonkers quick!

Wow. What a bloody car.

R32 GTR or mkIV Supra may be my dream cars, but I can never sell this MR2. It's been one of those perfect evenings when everything just WORKS - I've been having issues with my subwoofer cutting out which was annoying, and adding some more neg. camber on the rear has really stabilised the car on the motorway, and other niggly crap which I sorted today and this has been my reward.

Good night all :thumleft: :mrgreen:
synXero

Re: Evening drive

Post by synXero »

:clap: we've all had that feeling. So good!
craig

Post by craig »

:thumleft:

My car is 306bhp, and personally for me, it's more than quick enough on the road.

I prefer a quick spooling turbo with a lower power figure than big numbers and a laggy turbo that doesn't come on boost till 4.5K.

I don't care much for bhp numbers tbh, as long as the car is nice and quick, job's a good un.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

After 5 years of having my 330ci now I've found that I can drive it pretty much flat foot everywhere. Not a slouch but not a rocket at all.

Would I dare drive a 300hp (or rather COULD I) at maximum chat in the same manner No way!!! That's why I totally see why people say 300 is enough. Sometimes it's all about the feeling when it just "clicks"
Draven

Post by Draven »

MK car meet.. :( I didn't know about it.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Balls sorry Draven I forgot to reach out to any car friends tbh :lol: I'll let you know about the next meet :thumleft:
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

It was a very small meet. We had 80 cars to a meet last year but I think this one wasn't very well publicised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NuaFB38R0
Draven

Post by Draven »

:thumleft: Awesome. if there is one next year..
Draven

Post by Draven »

I see ya :thumleft: needed a Evo there..

Return to “Driving Experiences”