Suspension options

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

luke2152

Suspension options

Post by luke2152 »

I've got a set of BC coilovers left over as a legacy from the previous owner. Unfortunately they weren't looked after and are seized as far as the height adjustment is concerned. Have tried everything including modest heat and a pipe wrench and scaffold bar to free them to no avail (I did free one but that's not use!). So they are currently set too low for my liking - mainly because I like driving fast on shitty roads and everything scrapes. Other than that they feel quite good although the springs feel a bit firm for my liking and the damping a little bouncy even when wound down. So two obvious courses of action.

1. Another set of BC coilovers. Maybe a slightly softer set of springs, look after them better and I'd have a few spare bits from the old ones too.

2. Koni or bilstein struts and springs (or similar) - guessing that would cost about the same or a little more. Wouldn't give me ride height adjustment but a tad lower than stock would be fine by me. Possibly a nicer ride?

Just want a few opinions about the ride and handling of either option. Thanks.
luke2152

Re: Suspension options

Post by luke2152 »

Sorry that's in the wrong forum and I can't seem to delete. Please move.

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”