Johnny G's 3.4 litre V6 Turbo

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: Johnny G's 3.4 litre V6 Turbo

Post by ashley »

I'm sorely tempted to offer you some cash for the engine, who wouldn't be...it's just a bit out of my price range at the moment: other fish to fry first lol

I'm sure it will sell- and yeh: the whole set up as one might get more interest, especially if you detail exactly what has been damaged in the accident so potential buyers know exactly what they'd need to sort it :-k

Seems like high spec stuff is just selling slowly at the moment....you may have to sit and wait on this one mate- good luck with the sale anyhow :thumleft:
conor42

Post by conor42 »

Good grief, JG! Glad you're okay and that's one hell of a shame about the car :/

I'd like to note that it warms my heart to see reactions such as these. Whenever someone in the US wrecks their MR2, threads about it often devolve into mean-spirited finger-pointing and insults...

Odin_S wrote:Man, i am really sorry for you mate. As has been said glad all involved are ok.

Out of interest how could the throttle cable stick open? i thought only newer cars with fly-by-wire gas pedals could have this problem.

Old carbbed engines commonly stuck wide-open because of complex linkages. In this case it was likely something such as a throttle cable routed oddly that bound up.. These V6 swaps have cables running in locations not as intended by Father Toyota.. It's entirely possible that the throttle cable could have frayed and stuck within its sheath due to funny angles, twists and turns it may have taken to reach the V6 throttle body.

I'm not up to snuff on Johnny's throttle body setup either, but depending on modifications there, that'd be the next place to look.
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

Dam just read all this. :shock:

Sorry to hear that mate, was really hoping to see it down at Mascrat sometime.

Glad to hear your OK, still got ya Supra though eh :wink:

Really like those arches BTW, those are the Woodsport ones on the rear yeah?

Si 8)
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

How did I miss this - f'in bummer!!!! :(

Of all the cars to go and get a stuck throttle in, you would go and (build) this one - glad you're ok!

So what's the plan now, another project in the future?
fishy89

Post by fishy89 »

amazing build, sorry to see what happend!

glad your all okay!

si

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”