Johnny G's 3.4 litre V6 Turbo

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Johnny G

Re: Johnny G's 3.4 litre V6 Turbo

Post by Johnny G »

ashman wrote::shock: :pale: :cry: :cry:

Kin ell mate- that's terrible news, I'm sure gutted don't even come close...thank fek you were both ok, sounds like that could have been much much worse... :pale:

:cry:

Yes mate - am actually not that bothered about the car... because I'm still here to talk about it.

3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
ashley

Post by ashley »

Johnny G wrote:
Yes mate - am actually not that bothered about the car... because I'm still here to talk about it.

Amen to that- it's stuff like this that makes you realise what's really important I guess...that looks to have been quite an impact, lucky it was a hedge and not a tree! Bet it scared the cr@p out of you both...glad you ok buddy- hope you manage to come to an amicable agreement with the insurers :thumleft:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

wow such a shame too see that.

glad your both well bud :thumleft:
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Could of been so much worse Johnny, thank your lucky stars it wasn't.
Gutted for you.

:pale:
craig

Post by craig »

aw man I'm gutted for you. I enjoyed the read on this car in MR2only!

Glad you both came out ok and are here to tell the tale. Cars can be replaced, lives can't.

All the best with getting back on your feet mate :thumleft:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

oh no :cry: :shock:
i'm sure gutted cant quite describe it, glad you are both ok though
regarding the insurance, you are probably right about not getting the full worth of the car back from aplan but do they have the clause where you can buy the car back cheap? i'm sure there would be many salvagable parts that you could make up your losses with
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Quigonjay wrote:oh no :cry: :shock:
i'm sure gutted cant quite describe it, glad you are both ok though
regarding the insurance, you are probably right about not getting the full worth of the car back from aplan but do they have the clause where you can buy the car back cheap? i'm sure there would be many salvagable parts that you could make up your losses with

I'll be looking at that very closely...
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

As said on FB Johnny, gutted for ya matey. Didn't wanna bump this thread on here till you did. Looks a mess does that.
Looks like them woodsport arches cracked in a big way! Lol
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Steve Horrocks wrote:As said on FB Johnny, gutted for ya matey. Didn't wanna bump this thread on here till you did. Looks a mess does that.
Looks like them woodsport arches cracked in a big way! Lol

Hehe - the rear ones stood up nicely though!
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

Ouch......... :(

Sorry tae hear that m8, your right tho. you are both ok that's the main thing.
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Sorry to hear about your car Johnny. I was really looking forward to seeing what your car would put out on the rollers.

Did you manage to get any dyno results at all before it crashed? Would love to see even an early dyno sheet if you have one :thumleft:
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Kongaroo wrote:Sorry to hear about your car Johnny. I was really looking forward to seeing what your car would put out on the rollers.

Did you manage to get any dyno results at all before it crashed? Would love to see even an early dyno sheet if you have one :thumleft:

It was 422bhp and 430lb/ft, with positive boost coming from 2400rpm, and 0.7bar by 3100rpm. Revved to 7000rpm and sounded amazing.
todd

Post by todd »

:cry:

Gutted for you but like you say, at least you guys are OK.

Good luck with the insurance.
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Johnny G wrote:
Kongaroo wrote:Sorry to hear about your car Johnny. I was really looking forward to seeing what your car would put out on the rollers.

It was 422bhp and 430lb/ft, with positive boost coming from 2400rpm, and 0.7bar by 3100rpm. Revved to 7000rpm and sounded amazing.

Sounds like a pretty awesome power band! Did you ever get a print out of the dyno run - am very interested in seeing what it looks like :thumleft:

If you buy the car back will you be attempting to revive the project?
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Kongaroo wrote:
Johnny G wrote:

Sounds like a pretty awesome power band! Did you ever get a print out of the dyno run - am very interested in seeing what it looks like :thumleft:

If you buy the car back will you be attempting to revive the project?

I very much doubt it - I think me and MR2's are pretty much done.
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

I'm devastated for you mate, I know how much time, effort, money and research you put into this car. Not to mention the heartache you went through for the TRD kit. I had the honour of watching this build first hand all the way through to it's completion. Totally stunning deuce.

I'm just pleased you walked away from it.
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

MRV6 wrote:I'm devastated for you mate, I know how much time, effort, money and research you put into this car. Not to mention the heartache you went through for the TRD kit. I had the honour of watching this build first hand all the way through to it's completion. Totally stunning deuce.

I'm just pleased you walked away from it.

Cheers Phil - all good things come to an end, though - so time to regroup and move on!
loadswine

Post by loadswine »

Oh man! I am totally gutted for you Johnny. Most important thing is you were okay though, but wow! after all that skill and effort putting it together.
I shall raise a glass to you in repsect.
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

loadswine wrote:Oh man! I am totally gutted for you Johnny. Most important thing is you were okay though, but wow! after all that skill and effort putting it together.
I shall raise a glass to you in repsect.

I raised a couple of Jagermeisters last night :)
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

as said buddy feel so so sorry for you i no how much time you must have put into this i havnt had half as much time spent on mine as you had, must be awfull waking up to the rearlisation to what has happend, i to will raise a beer can for you, glad you can see the bright side, ryan must of crapped himself
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”