The Grey Phoenix..Summer update

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: The Grey Phoenix..Summer update

Post by ashley »

Just curious is all, I've got a pair in my loft that I've never fitted cos I took the cage out...was reading through your build and didn't see mention of it.

No offence intended, I'm sure you know what you're doing :D
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

In all honesty thought the doors would allow the side bars but I was wrong lol.. I only fitted the doors as most parts are going to or have rust! I thought I would future proof the car as i plan to have it for a while :thumleft:

Takes alot to offend me lol but I have read and know the dangers of roll cages in road cars but I think it is a worth while if done right :thumleft:
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

So been a while... convid has affected every aspect of fun lol so been buying parts getting ready to fit

Wilhelm race geo kit

Wilhelm race big brake kit that works for the MR2 and not just a big brake kit

Ultra race front under braces

F40 Engine bay fans fitted and linked to the ECU to control and fuel cooler also set up with the fans to sort out high temp of the swirl pot

Next.... Digital dash as my gauges have decided to stop working so improve and upgrade

Rich
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

So after a lot of small issues and tinkering after the initial build ( straight after we were in covid lockdown) I went on the Kent run 18 of April after a good solid run of 3 hours of spirited driving with NO issues...

Like all build's they all have their little issues but glad mine are sorted so now I can move on to more luxury items for the interior and making it more user nicer for the driver :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Great news man! Always a bit of time shaking the car down at first. Takes a good few runs to build confidence with it (or it did for me at least). Best advice I can give is to just get the hours in behind the wheel!
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

So A little of a update.....

Wilhelm Brake upgrade fitted and it is Night and day contrast!!! over stock they are so much better than I can explain.... they are worth every £££ as they are make you feel you will stop and do! And they have a handbrake over some Big bake kits available on the market!!

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Very nice! I plan on getting this kit at some point, along with pretty much everything else he makes 8-[ :lol:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”