What oil to use ? Spark Plugs?Air Filter Brand and Fuel Filter?

Here you can find links and details of International MR2 clubs that are friends of IMOC-UK. Pop in and say Hello!, Hallo!, Bonjour!, γειά σου!, Ciao!, こんにちは!, Hola!, olá!!, здравствулте!, 여보세요!!</r>

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SmokyWheels

What oil to use ? Spark Plugs?Air Filter Brand and Fuel Filter?

Post by SmokyWheels »

Hello,Everyone,I'm New Here!

I've got MR2 Turbo 1993 and I want to give the car a good service. So there is a few questions.

1st What oil to use ? Spark Plugs?Air Filter Brand and Fuel Filter?

2nd How often should I change the engine oil?

3rd Where is cheapest place to buy in UK?

My driving habits is unusual and I use the car daily,sometimes I drive it like I stole it.:D

The car is stock and running 16 to 17 psi according to the gauge mounted inside the instrument panel or cluster.

Your advise based on your experience will be appreciated! :thumleft:

Many Thanks
Hez

Re: What oil to use ? Spark Plugs?Air Filter Brand and Fuel Filter?

Post by Hez »

Hi mate, people tend to get too hung up on details when I comes to servicing in my opinion. Oil wise you won't go wrong with a good quality ester synthetic be it 5w40, 10w40 or 5w50 etc. (I always used Millers cfs 10w40 on a 450hp lump Road use.). I would probably change it every 6k at the most if you're driving it like you stole it.
That being said if you're from Iceland you're probably better getting oil on the thinner side.

Plugs you won't go wrong with BKR6E they are a grade cooler for the extra boost and they are cheap as chips.

As for filters just get any well known brand or genuine Toyota, the mechanic I used who is pretty well known for building high power Mr2 uses Blueprint filters and never had problems.

I have used Opie Oils in the past who seem to stock everything you need.

Return to “International MR2 Clubs”