[Mk2] [NA]Help please..... Ways to drain the petrol tank ?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Zircon

[Mk2] [NA]Help please..... Ways to drain the petrol tank ?

Post by Zircon »

Can someone suggest a straight forward way of draining the fuel tank on my Mk2 (NO drain plug) that has about 75% of stale petrol in the tank?

Thanks if you can
mrhappy62

Re: [Mk2] [NA]Help please..... Ways to drain the petrol tank ?

Post by mrhappy62 »

are you sure it has no drain plug ? dropped mine a few years ago with about half a tank in it , but pretty sure there was a drain plug .
Zircon

Post by Zircon »

mrhappy62 wrote:are you sure it has no drain plug ? dropped mine a few years ago with about half a tank in it , but pretty sure there was a drain plug .

Hi and thanks for your reply.

AFAIK, a petrol tank drain plug was only fitted to Mk2 Rev 1 & 2 cars, maybe only to genuine imports ? I do not know if the same is true for grey imports.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Disconnect the fuel hose at the fuel filter and bridge B+ and FP+ together in the diagnostic connector
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Zircon

Post by Zircon »

toxo wrote:Disconnect the fuel hose at the fuel filter and bridge B+ and FP+ together in the diagnostic connector

Thanks for that - I'll give it a try.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

toxo wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:39 am
Disconnect the fuel hose at the fuel filter and bridge B+ and FP+ together in the diagnostic connector

Thanks - I also need to do this - I'm assuming same procedure on all years/revisions?
Can I get access to the hose from the top of the engine bay? (It's currently in a location where it's very tricky to raise it up - so trying to do this from the topside if possible - I won't be back there until this weekend, so it'd be good to know what I'm up against!)
Thanks,

Return to “Mechanical”