Diagram of the door window mechanism?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

Diagram of the door window mechanism?

Post by HighwayStar »

Hi all, hoping this finds everyone happy and healthy.

I currently have a drivers side window that is just starting to rattle a little when at certain places when part open. Doesn't do it whilst fully up or down so not too much of an issue just yet but I'd like to have the car as perfect as I can get it so I'm asking for some help.

My local garage who've had a look say it's not the window regulator (I showed them a picture of one from the TCB website) but rather is the part that actually attaches to the glass with a central bar between the two attachment locations. TCB say this is indeed the window regulator!

I'm just wondering if anybody can post a diagram or a link to one that shows me the door internals so I can make sure I'm buying the right part to replace.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who can.

Cheers
R.

PS I've just tried to put up a post in the For Sale section advertising a full t-bar black interior with the deep rev1 carpets, t-bar shades and rev5 leather seats but am told I can't post there. Is this now a paid subscription facility only?
chaotic.entity

Re: Diagram of the door window mechanism?

Post by chaotic.entity »

Look here: https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toy ... -hinge-244

If Paul from TCB is sure about something I'd trust him personally.
jimi

Re: Diagram of the door window mechanism?

Post by jimi »

There's an article here LINKY about curing window rattles, unfortunately the text is lost, but there are a load of pictures that might be of use.

Return to “Mechanical”